Default Support banning with no investigation

Surprise surprise, support is at it again!

I'm hearing reports that a legit player created a trial account to go harvest with and mess with some goblins. That account got banned a couple hours later for RMT (Real money transfer). Then the players main account got banned and the reason was ToS.

Does support just go around banning trial accounts assuming they are gold sellers? Do they do any investigation at all?

I have heard countless stories of people who have not broken the rules getting banned.

I even went through it myself, I was banned with no reason given. A couple days later the support said 'try logging in, it doesn't show you as being banned'. I tried and it worked, no explanation was ever given.

I think that the support department is a separate entity from their dev team and I think that their dev team needs to really investigate what is going on.
    Last edited by screw loose; 03-15-2011 at 18:09.
    wat
    skreww L00se - Zealot / Black Shields
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Mok View Post
    You steam rolled a weaker alliance, and took some pixels you guys are really good.
    How can anyone beat the zerg you guys are rolling around with?
    Have fun nut cupping 100+ players.

Normal User US1 Player

no englai

So your friend the Legit Trial Account didn't start one to buy gold with? Do you have proof? Maybe they do ... ?

The world may never know

Normal User EU1 Player

hahaaha banned for buying gold ME TWO!

Quote Originally Posted by paxprobellum View Post
    So your friend the Legit Trial Account didn't start one to buy gold with? Do you have proof? Maybe they do ... ?

The world may never know
    There is no doubt in my mind that from the numerous stories I have heard that some people could be lying and were banned for a good reason.

What I do know is that I and 2 of my clanmates got banned and they later got reversed. There was also stories of the same thing happening to others (mining a bunch, getting perma banned and it getting reversed a couple days later). This tells me that their support is not investigating until after a ban is issued.

In this exact case, sure it is possible he was buying gold or something. But the guy has no reason to lie to me :S
    wat
    You steam rolled a weaker alliance, and took some pixels you guys are really good.

Normal User US1 Player

typically these scenarios are your legit friend is not telling you the truth. I dunno how many times I've seen people banned and vent is like 'wahhhh blah blah got banned and he has no idea why' but then you PM the guys on the forums and they're like 'yea i was using the chaos chest dinger'

TIA get hit with the banhammer?

/thread

4000+

and when you report lagswitchers/exploiters several times, nothing happens.

Fucking cheaters
    Again, sorry about the issues. Hang in there, we’re doing everything we can.
    Best Regards,
    Tasos
    There is cake and it's no lie!
    Laenih
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=265301

Quote Originally Posted by TooTight View Post
    typically these scenarios are your legit friend is not telling you the truth. I dunno how many times I've seen people banned and vent is like 'wahhhh blah blah got banned and he has no idea why' but then you PM the guys on the forums and they're like 'yea i was using the chaos chest dinger'

TIA get hit with the banhammer?

/thread
    As I stated before, this is always a possibility. And from TIA only 1 guy got banned and he is not a big name or anything.

It is 100% true that their support has banned people and then reversed it with investigation. I can show you all of the screenshots from my experience to vouche for this.

It is sad that when I post something like this everyone just flames etc when we need to stick together on situations like this. We cannot let the support go around banning people without investigation for it to be later reversed. It has a negative impact on new players coming to the game as well as vets (I personally will never pay for more than a 1 months sub anymore).
    wat

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by TooTight View Post
    /thread
    I mean, that pretty much says it all.
    Darkfall moderators are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business other than Darkfall Board moderating, our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions