Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    1000+

They want ut in a fantasy enviroment, btw i recommend playing ut
    fast fair and without any timesink between fights
    2012: AV creates classes
    2013: Forums agree: 3 out of 4 classes are op

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    Seriously what the fuck is up with people and the "grind"? They've doubled the skill gains on most stuff, are going to do that for crafting too soon, and have meditation too.

If that's not enough then wtf do you want?
    In my opinion It's too late for the most of us, and probably for the game's decay itself.
    I've quit, and I dont think I'll ever come back to it.
    http://a.imageshack.us/img163/1084/levion.jpg

5000+

the darkfall grind is artifical and nothing more than a pansy ass time sink to keep you playing their piece of shit unbalanced game. you think wow pvp is unbalanced? fucking darkfall is a 1 class game, where everyone might as well be "generic doom guy" with all the weapons, except, SURPRISE, you have to GRIND THE SHIT OUT OF ALL YOUR SKILLS FOR MONTHS before you're viable at all in any realistic context.

im a big supporter of darkfall. but fucking be realistic. i have one of those most advanced characters on na1 but im not pulling a blanket over my head and saying "LOL THERE IS NO GRIND QQ MOAR NOOBS"

darkfall isnt a pvp mmorpg anymore. its almost entirely pve based. LITTLE skill goes into combat, especially these days where its almost all WOF and rays. darkfalls best time was when magic was at a minimum at launch and melee/archery were the prevailing playstyles.

if they ever decide to curb the usage of magic with actual valid choices then i might try it again, but even then its just a shit-tastic grind fest in which I can choose to team up and gank people, gank people by myself, or once a week (probably much less now because na1 is all scrub zerging carebears) you get to do a "cool" siege.
    Originally Posted by Daggermaniac
    The only DF player that I have expected of Aim Botting is Zato Ichi.

Quote Originally Posted by zato`1 View Post
    the darkfall grind is artifical and nothing more than a pansy ass time sink to keep you playing their piece of shit unbalanced game. you think wow pvp is unbalanced? fucking darkfall is a 1 class game, where everyone might as well be "generic doom guy" with all the weapons, except, SURPRISE, you have to GRIND THE SHIT OUT OF ALL YOUR SKILLS FOR MONTHS before you're viable at all in any realistic context.

im a big supporter of darkfall. but fucking be realistic. i have one of those most advanced characters on na1 but im not pulling a blanket over my head and saying "LOL THERE IS NO GRIND QQ MOAR NOOBS"

darkfall isnt a pvp mmorpg anymore. its almost entirely pve based. LITTLE skill goes into combat, especially these days where its almost all WOF and rays. darkfalls best time was when magic was at a minimum at launch and melee/archery were the prevailing playstyles.

if they ever decide to curb the usage of magic with actual valid choices then i might try it again, but even then its just a shit-tastic grind fest in which I can choose to team up and gank people, gank people by myself, or once a week (probably much less now because na1 is all scrub zerging carebears) you get to do a "cool" siege.
    Absolutely fucking spot on. This should be stickied for justice everywhere Darkfall has any presence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Chronic View Post
    Darkfall has been in a wonderful state for the last 2 years or so.
    Son, I don’t relish shooting a mosquito with an elephant gun, so why don’t you just shuffle along?
    I can't go on. I'll go on.

1000+ EU1 Player

there are actually friends of mine playing darkfall who think pvp is balanced and server populated. it makes me want to help them because i feel so very sorry.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Adûn_East View Post
    Absolutely fucking spot on. This should be stickied for justice everywhere Darkfall has any presence.
    But the combat is so much better that even with that grind I woud play it.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by sc0r0wnz View Post
    But the combat is so much better that even with that grind I woud play it.
    disagree. the grind is only part of what turns me off to the game. my character is more or less finished, there is always more to do but with all magic and 2 melees at surging you're basically done. killing people is fun sure but the combat is so incredibly repetitive that playing DF always leads me into simply playing a real FPS combat game like quake live.

because of the lack of variation in playing styles, the combat lends itself to becoming predictable and thus stale.
    Originally Posted by Daggermaniac
    The only DF player that I have expected of Aim Botting is Zato Ichi.

1000+

ultima online

Banned US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Larocco View Post
    there are actually friends of mine playing darkfall who think pvp is balanced and server populated. it makes me want to help them because i feel so very sorry.
    go to wow then hero, and i find it hard to say pvp isnt balanced we all have the same options and spells etc available to us there arent limitations, every vet whos got a braincell has grinded (welcome to a mmo) theres just simply better players, with better aim, setup etc. gz to them.

i looked at UO but the graphics are just too fucking old man seriously its like a sega mega drive game yet the gameplay could be great but yeah...

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Mapi View Post
    Did anyone ever look into the new Jumpgate ? it looks very intresting.

http://eu.jumpgateevolution.com/
    That game might never come

http://news.bigdownload.com/2011/02/...etdevil-teams/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC8XT-CfK8M

Open Beta tomorrow. Dunno much about it, except it's gonna be f2p and has a shitty publisher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyldor Gwyvallt View Post
    Obviously all this in the US...the country where a fanatical worship of science has replaced any true religious sense or any balanced perception of LIFE

Please list more MMOs please!

Quote Originally Posted by nizzie View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC8XT-CfK8M

Open Beta tomorrow. Dunno much about it, except it's gonna be f2p and has a shitty publisher.
    Oh that looks pretty nice. I had ignored Black Prophecy thinking it was going to be an EVE Clone, but I was wrong. This looks pretty decent.
    Irenor Rainstone
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

8000+

My only BIG problem with Darkfall is the stat gains.

They're addressing like everything I want in their upcoming patches, except for base stat gain

The meditation system is for rich people who play casually, which is an oxymoron.

I fuckin can't wait till they get rid of player lag, add the lighting changes, and enviornmental sounds, then imma try knives.
    Last edited by Jedicake; 02-27-2011 at 19:32.

1000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Machinistlol View Post
    go to wow then hero, and i find it hard to say pvp isnt balanced we all have the same options and spells etc available to us there arent limitations, every vet whos got a braincell has grinded (welcome to a mmo) theres just simply better players, with better aim, setup etc. gz to them.

i looked at UO but the graphics are just too fucking old man seriously its like a sega mega drive game yet the gameplay could be great but yeah...
    u are a passionate magic whore so ur opinion doesnt matter though. enjoy ur 100pop game.