Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2111213 ... LastLast

I posted this (alternative) idea in a different thread about Churches, but I wnt to repost it also here (so maybe AV sees it and likes it ).

How about Chaos Churches really be places of redemption and a sandbox element as it should be in a game like Darkfall?

My idea is simple:
    Each and every Chaos City has 1 Chaos Church. In that Church there is NPC called i.e. "Priest of Redemption", or something like this. When your alignment is below max and you talk to him (ONLY ONCE PER 24h PERIOD!), he gives you a simple quest: the system randomly picks 3 blue victims you've killed in your past (which are online at the moment of talking to him), and give you their names and requires you to acquire the absolution from those individuals. What you need to do is simple - GET THE ABSOLUTION!

This Absolution can be made so that when you meet with the said player he uses "g" on you and theres an additional option "Absolve". When the said player Absolves you you gain back ~25 alignment. The hard part is to convince/bribing that player to give you that Absolution, setting up a meeting (need to be done face-to-face) and pulling it out... which in overall would be so awesome sandbox shit to have in Darkfall!

Two question we might ask:
    1) is it exploitable?
    2) is it viable?

Ad 1) IMO no. It's just 3 RANDOM players per day, that you've KILLED and lost alignment in the process. They will probably never be your friends or wish you well. So much harder bargain you will have getting the alignment back, but you should have thought about that before you killed/ganked that blue player... Also there is one more exploit, that comes to my mind - when not being able/being to lazy to get alignment back in this way you would kill some blue friend/alt, get bad alignment and hope he shows up in next day's pick among those 3 players and gives you 25 points easily and quickly - the answer is, yes, that would be possible. But no system is perfect and it would still give you 75 alignment points per day back (with great deal of luck, if system picked 3 firends) which is still less that you can farm now on an alt or would be able to consistently buy with gold with upcoming system.

Ad 2) IMO Yes. Ofc there might be situations, when all 3 players either refuse to help you or will be offline/afk shortly after receiving the quest, but that's the risk. There are problems in life, and the same applies to Darkfall. The good part is, that even if that questing would turn out to be a complete failure you can try next day with a fresh batch of new 3 people balloted from the pool.

Other bad situation might be if you killed only 3 or less blue people and those would be picked each day and would consistently refuse to Absolve you. Than you'd be sort of stuck with being red. Well, the solution IMO would be to go and kill more people and then, when time heals the wounds and those people are picked by Priest as people to ask repentance from you will have greater chance of ebing successful. Or killing your alt, so you have at least a chance to get some 25 points easily from day to day.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Irenor View Post
    The are many solutions, but one of the easiest would probably be to flag any non-allied players entering a Player City (that is not theirs or their allies) to be flagged Grey (and bring modification to the Zap Towers as to allow Clan Leaders to decide if Greys should be attacked or not).

OR, ARAC Clans should be automatically flagged Red to all non-allied clan and players, as they are traitors to their races. Should they leave the clan, they could then use the Chaos Churches to regain their alignement.
    You said it yourself: all race clans are a collection of people who are traitors to their race as they ally themselves with members of an opposing race. As such, they are not nor should they be forgiven for killing their own kind. Why flag attackers of your clan city rogue or even red for entering the clan city when the "traitors" can act as they live simply by going red for killing blues who attack racial enemies who happen to be their allies? If you have anyone who's not an ally move into the region of said clan city go rogue, there's no penalty to being in an all race clan. There should be, or else racial alliances are utterly insignificant in this game.

And I think racial alliances as part of the lore isn't some cheesey fluff no one really cares about. One of the most popular player run events in Darkfall to date was one where it was literally set up with the three racial allies fought in a free for all, first with all on mounts, and second on foot. Great stuff! But completely moot when the practical world of Agon is a world where I can nonsensically hover around 8 alignment, kill some miner of my kind I happen to pass on my way out of town, watch him bleed to death, dry loot him, farm some enemy reds in a nearby hamlet and rez kill them until I've regained the alignment I lost. Rinse and repeat. Stupid system. This one's much better

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by thedrumchannell View Post
    and for giving buffs/heals to red players.
    Oh I think you should be penalized for that. Positive spells on rogues/reds should make the caster a rogue. Who can deny it's a horrible abuse of the game's mechanics to follow a red around in enemy lands and keep him buffed, healed, and your "racial allies" can't stop you from doing so without being considered criminals? That's about as backwards as it gets. Saw it just yesterday. Red alfar outside of ork starter cities baits noobs away from guard tower enough to get the fight going. Blue mahirim buffs and heals the alfar incurring no penalty whatsoever, and remains safe within game mechanics especially when a guard tower is close by, because the moment he gets attacked, in spite of being a total traitor, the game recognizes his attacker as rogue and of course if you finish him off you take an alignment hit. Stupid stupid stupid system.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rayrox222 View Post
    all race clans are a collection of people who are traitors to their race as they ally themselves with members of an opposing race. As such, they are not nor should they be forgiven for killing their own kind.
    About this, this is a biased vision, and having that hardcoded would limit too much the freedom of players.
    I can say that a clan could welcome refugee from enemy races, and that would make sense.

However, it's ok to biased about such a clan, so, they could be considered free alignment kills, but not necessarily criminals.
    As i said before, for this (or even a gray flag) to work, there would be needed aggressor flags, otherwise it wouldn't be fair because they couldn't defend themselves without going red.
    Political and Commercial control through local markets

The Warrior, the Archer, the Glass Cannon, the Support Healer and the Box for sand.
    Who lives by the word of mouth, dies by the word of mouth
    http://bit.ly/wk7TN6

It's an interesting idea and I can't wait to see how it plays out.

There certainly has to be incentives to be blue, which there currently are none, but I'm glad to hear you're working on them.

This change could make chaos cities PvP hotspots, with blues attacking reds for their money being used for redemption, or even reds attacking other reds.

They do however have to address "blue blocking" and other lame exploits of the alignment system, but having debuffs make you go gray is definitely a good start.

Overall I'm interested to see this implemented and how it affects gameplay.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by DAA KAPUTTMACHA View Post
    Brainstorming for incentives to stay blue:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=279515
    AV should really look at this, very nice collection

Quote Originally Posted by Glabro View Post
    I posted this (alternative) idea in a different thread about Churches, but I wnt to repost it also here (so maybe AV sees it and likes it ).

How about Chaos Churches really be places of redemption and a sandbox element as it should be in a game like Darkfall?

My idea is simple:
    Each and every Chaos City has 1 Chaos Church. In that Church there is NPC called i.e. "Priest of Redemption", or something like this. When your alignment is below max and you talk to him (ONLY ONCE PER 24h PERIOD!), he gives you a simple quest: the system randomly picks 3 blue victims you've killed in your past (which are online at the moment of talking to him), and give you their names and requires you to acquire the absolution from those individuals. What you need to do is simple - GET THE ABSOLUTION!

This Absolution can be made so that when you meet with the said player he uses "g" on you and theres an additional option "Absolve". When the said player Absolves you you gain back ~25 alignment. The hard part is to convince/bribing that player to give you that Absolution, setting up a meeting (need to be done face-to-face) and pulling it out... which in overall would be so awesome sandbox shit to have in Darkfall!

Two question we might ask:
    1) is it exploitable?
    2) is it viable?

Ad 1) IMO no. It's just 3 RANDOM players per day, that you've KILLED and lost alignment in the process. They will probably never be your friends or wish you well. So much harder bargain you will have getting the alignment back, but you should have thought about that before you killed/ganked that blue player... Also there is one more exploit, that comes to my mind - when not being able/being to lazy to get alignment back in this way you would kill some blue friend/alt, get bad alignment and hope he shows up in next day's pick among those 3 players and gives you 25 points easily and quickly - the answer is, yes, that would be possible. But no system is perfect and it would still give you 75 alignment points per day back (with great deal of luck, if system picked 3 firends) which is still less that you can farm now on an alt or would be able to consistently buy with gold with upcoming system.

Ad 2) IMO Yes. Ofc there might be situations, when all 3 players either refuse to help you or will be offline/afk shortly after receiving the quest, but that's the risk. There are problems in life, and the same applies to Darkfall. The good part is, that even if that questing would turn out to be a complete failure you can try next day with a fresh batch of new 3 people balloted from the pool.

Other bad situation might be if you killed only 3 or less blue people and those would be picked each day and would consistently refuse to Absolve you. Than you'd be sort of stuck with being red. Well, the solution IMO would be to go and kill more people and then, when time heals the wounds and those people are picked by Priest as people to ask repentance from you will have greater chance of ebing successful. Or killing your alt, so you have at least a chance to get some 25 points easily from day to day.
    Thats the stupidest Idea ever.

I'm sorry but I have a job and go to school, I don't have time to go wandering around for 3 idiots who I killed during a siege or other. It's just stupid.

Normal User EU1 Player

Before alligment fix you must make possible loot without gank. I see guy, i kill him. I dont wanna harrase him, i just wanna look what he have, maybe take some shit and res him. This feature very social.
    Dolly Monk [SUN]
    Dolly Monk [BooM]

Quote Originally Posted by mxking View Post
    Thats the stupidest Idea ever.

I'm sorry but I have a job and go to school, I don't have time to go wandering around for 3 idiots who I killed during a siege or other. It's just stupid.
    First, on a siege or while in a player city you should be meeting only enemies or allies. And this alignment change requires some tweaks to that also. Tweaks that will make turning red "by total accident" highly improbably or even impossible.

This, in turn, would make going red an absolutely aware decision with some bonuses but also consequences.

And lastly, I have a job too, so what? The very fact that you play this game says it's not too demanding anyway. And "wandering around for 3 idiots" is called a social aspect of MMO RPG game - something that could make DF experience much profound.

alignment should not be active outside NPC city territory.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

The fact that its a money sink is really bad as well. Why does AV always take the easy way out with everything.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

20.000+ posts on a videogame forum in a little over 2 years proves you mentally challenged.
    Charax

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Brazlar View Post
    So.......lemme get this straight.

The ONLY way to go blue again will be via these Churches? (for now? which would be how long, months ofc, is there any other way even being added?)

Theres what 8, 10 chaos churches available?
    So 10 people can fight there way in, per day, with gold in pocket? Is that every 24hrs? Or a Darkfall day, like every 2 hrs?
    I think the whole "1 per player per day" or however they word it means one red player cannot repent and then in the same day before the shrine closes go back and pay to become blue again. I also think it means one real day as in 24 hours, like with daily quests.

And will they recieve full repentance? Will it cost them hours of farming for the fee, which they'd likely lose just trying to get in?

And all the while there trying to repent, blue's can just rape the reds as they scurry in, gold in pocket?
    I think the greater deterrent is restricting their ability to go blue to once a day and the fact that there is a risk that these chaos cities will be pvp hotspots at the times the shrines are open. In my opinion the gold cost shouldn't be especially high. Anywhere between 1k-10k to restore one's alignment to good I think is probably in the ballpark of what AV would do. I guess these (imo fairly low) numbers because it is typical of AV in design changes to not be too radical, and then gauge how players think of it in effect and then adjust as needed, which I think is prudent of them.

So really, the question probably would be....... When's city destruction going to be more interesting and cheaper to do? So Blood Thirsty PvPers have someone to fight constantly and annoy into action. Since, people wont really be able to kill anyone except their war decced Clans.

Did i miss the point here, am i stabbing blindly into something that isnt there?
    Well you do make me wonder in what sense are people not going to be able to fight constantly and annoy blues. So they're red. So what? Either they're clanless and there are plenty of neutral banks they can use, although with the risk of no tower protection, and more likely they are in a clan and have the resources of their allies and city with its vault along with walls, system messages, guard tower that zaps away is a dead giveaway of invasion, both visually obvious and loud, AND clanmates to help . . . and a hamlet has all of this too except for the walls, so these reds are perfectly self sufficient STAYING red if you ask me.

I think it's going to be hardest on clanless reds, but in the spirit of intended game design to allow one to be a murderer, yet insist they face serious consequences, the point remains you don't go that road unless you can be self sufficient working out of an unprotected bank whether in some wilderness location or at a chaos city.

3000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Glabro View Post
    First, on a siege or while in a player city you should be meeting only enemies or allies. And this alignment change requires some tweaks to that also. Tweaks that will make turning red "by total accident" highly improbably or even impossible.
    Tweaks such as??

Please enlighten us with the easy way of making it so that no one is getting alignment loss when 20 different clans show up to a siege?

Anti-PK alignment rules shouldnt matter outside NPC area, at least until AV makes deeper racial fixes and changes so that ARAC is over.

I read someones idea of Racial Capital Recall -

I like that Idea if your Blue you can bind to any racial capital and recall to your Racial Capital City

If your Red you can bind to any chaos city and Have a Chaos City Recall

as benefits for being blue and red --

Now if they apply the same incentive for certain gear with bonuses if your red or blue -