Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
    Normal User EU1 Player

Default time to come back?

I quit df about a year ago,the grind got to me.. I always enjoyed the pvp though.

after playing some eve and mortal online on and off i found those are not the games for me, eve lacks in combat, and mortal online lacks in pve(and pvp kinda)

so i was wondering is it time to come back now.. I had a pretty good character back in the day 90ish in stats and quite a bit of magic skills, is this still viable or is everyone pretty much maxxed out now?

what has changed/added (aside from funhulks dont care about those) in the past year, and most importantly(to me) How is the population on eu1?

Thanks in advance,
    badrien

This question is being asked everyday by different players. Subscribers will tell you to play non subscribers will tell you not to play as always.
    Its the end it's up to you. No 1 will ever know what you're looking for in a game.
    my answer? It was time to come back and play yesterday!
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

Normal User EU1 Player

not really asking it in that abstract a way, I know if i'd wanna come back if there have been enough changes in the past year, and the population is in order, hence me asking, dont want to go out on a limb here

Population hasnt changed in a year.
    Biggest changes? Grind and magic nerfs.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

drinking gets in the way of my lifting

No. Nothing major has changed and the game has gotten more shallow because things have gotten less scare.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    No. Nothing major has changed and the game has gotten more shallow because things have gotten less scare.
    And yet people still ignore Xipher, the world goes on.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by vanyok View Post
    Population hasnt changed in a year.
    Biggest changes? Grind and magic nerfs.

tell you one thing, population is going up...
    on na atleast even if its 1 person a week its going up, you can tell

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by badrien View Post
    I quit df about a year ago,the grind got to me.. I always enjoyed the pvp though.

after playing some eve and mortal online on and off i found those are not the games for me, eve lacks in combat, and mortal online lacks in pve(and pvp kinda)

so i was wondering is it time to come back now.. I had a pretty good character back in the day 90ish in stats and quite a bit of magic skills, is this still viable or is everyone pretty much maxxed out now?

what has changed/added (aside from funhulks dont care about those) in the past year, and most importantly(to me) How is the population on eu1?

Thanks in advance,
    badrien
    One thing hasnt changed, in Public forums you will have more trolls than players answering.

Population on EU is pretty good. The gameworld could use more but many cities+hamlets are nicely populated and we get raided every hour, its lots of fun.

Your character with every stat in the 90 ies should be good to go. Skillgains have been increased. With that character the easiest way to find out is sub for a month, see if you like it.
    I resubbed 6 weeks ago after 9 month break or so and it turned out to be a great decision.
    Thank you for the patience, we'll keep you informed.

3000+

I would say give it a go.

I re-subbed in december and since then we have had 2x stat gain patch, offline meditation and a few other things.. population on the EU server seems to be getting better every week..

Its getting harder and harder to farm mob spawns without getting attacked by other players again.. keeps things fun for sure

Anyway like others have said sub up for a month and give it a go.

1000+ EU1 Player

Thanks in advance,
    badrien
    Well, your 90 in stats trumps most of mine after two years continual play. So yes you will be fine

Normal User

Population on EU is definatly going up over time, I know its been said many times but I recon the next expantion will get a nice surge in players..

PvP is happening all the time, there was lots of seiges over the weekend and.. you need to be more carefull when farming these days. Its quite common to get disterbed while farming in a dungeon.

I would say to anyone thinking of coming back.. Do it the games getting better all the time, sure av are slow and somtimes stupid (with regards to the "Portal loging fix" - Two Words " ADD TIMER") but they are gradually getting there.

If anyone is waiting till the population increases... Stop it and join the game... Then the population will increase quicker!

Quote Originally Posted by vanyok View Post
    This question is being asked everyday by different players. Subscribers will tell you to play non subscribers will tell you not to play as always.
    Its the end it's up to you. No 1 will ever know what you're looking for in a game.
    my answer? It was time to come back and play yesterday!

I think most people don't give a shit because if his character had 90 in all stats he was probably a member of Sun who did nothing but grinded skills all day in Calf.

If your the type of person who must grind your skills to the max before you preform then unfortunate I don't think Darkfall is for you.

Normal User US1 Player

Thanks in advance,
    badrien
    I would not waste your time. Most of the same bugs are around and the expansions in reality changed very little except that you can now have your very own funhulk....
    I stopped drinking the AV Kool Aid!!! They will never deliver half of what they hyped this game to be....

9000+

Basically Long story Short:

No, wait until the big relaunch and DF Arena.()

Hope they deliver...................

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Basically Long story Short:

No, wait until the big relaunch and DF Arena.()

Hope they deliver...................
    HAHA

Hope we can believe in.