Normal User US1 Player

Default Coming back to the game.

Greetings everyone, its been over a year since ive last played at least and Ill be coming back to the game full time. I love to pvp and this is about the only game that offers what I want including mounted combat etc which no other games have? im pretty sure. I plan on starting over from scratch and just taking the journey as it comes and enjoying it. I also look forward to upcoming changes that Ive heard about including new content and reworked content and the new UI. Ive tried and played several diffrent games since being gone including Rift which is an utter joke and bastard child mix of wow and warhammer auto target button clicking. The mmo genre is headed in the wrong direction. But seeing and playing Darkfall gives me hope that its headed in the right direction. Ive also been more of a fan of sandbox games and non cookie cutter mmo's that dont hold your hand, I like games with challenge and theres really not a whole lot out there that offers that. I look forward to playing again once my account gets straightened out, because the email I had registered the game to I closed down. See you all in game.
    Last edited by djnexus; 02-06-2011 at 02:47.

Normal User US1 Player

Also I was in the Black Ork Assassians previously is that clan still around?

2000+

Arrow

Welcome back!

Seems to be a few good changes coming, that we hope will solve things. When they come... AV are working hard and aiming a bit high, and slightly toward the wrong things as they plan to strenghten their strengths instead of fixing their flaws, and have a tendency to listen to the wrong things in the complaints we Players come with and attack the sympthoms instead of the problems... but what could one expect... That they would follow through on their original ideas they had for DF that everyone idealized for half a decade and queued for months to get an account to test out? No, why should one expect that...
    Still, good things are coming this year, so it's a good time to be here, and I plan to join in when the Spring Expansion come.

However, do recommend you to keep your old character, unless you are really itching to switch race.
    And furthermore: Fix the Alignment & Race Wars, put in Vendors even Newbs can sell stuff from, improve the GUI and put in Momentum in combat (“Headless-chicken” & “Bunnyjumpshooting” people are silly), and a LOT of players will return.

Normal User US1 Player

Yea im just gonna continue rolling with my Ork thanks.

4000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by djnexus View Post
    Yea im just gonna continue rolling with my Ork thanks.
    dont get discouraged with the low population in orc lands for both servers which from my understanding is the case.

If you find a good clan with a few holdings you will get more pvp then you can stand anyway.

The servers are smaller population now then they used to be but if you target who and where you stay it can 'feel' just as active as ever.

Normal User US1 Player

Im not worried about it I know things bounce around from time to time including server population. This game is basically my last hurrah anyways I wont be really playing anything else unless it can offer what Darkfall can and I dont see that happening anytime soon. Tired of themeparks and other norm MMO's that newschoolers have been brought up on now. I cant find any meaningful pvp anywere else unless I were to play a FPS. I dont know why I really left the game anyways I should have stuck with it solid. If the sandbox genre ever goes under im done with mmorpgs. Ill just go pop in a game like oblivion and that will be that.
    Last edited by djnexus; 02-07-2011 at 21:36.

4000+ EU1 Player

Im not worried about it I know things bounce around from time to time including server population. This game is basically my last hurrah anyways I wont be really playing anything else unless it can offer what Darkfall can and I dont see that happening anytime soon. Tired of themeparks and other norm MMO's that newschoolers have been brought up on now. I cant find any meaningful pvp anywere else unless I were to play a FPS. I dont know why I really left the game anyways I should have stuck with it solid. If the sandbox genre ever goes under im done with mmorpgs. Ill just go pop in a game like oblivion and that will be that.
    I am on board with that. I have a list of requirements if I were to ever leave Darkfall of which no game currently has.

I would however play FE again, its a nice diversion but only as a break
    Last edited by SEANMCAD; 02-07-2011 at 21:50.

Normal User US1 Player

If your gonna play Fallen Earth which I did at release btw got to lvl 50 with max crafting skills in 2 months and then called it quits because theres just not enough end game and still isnt. They havent even opened up S4 yet and that has been in talks for ages. The lead guy for the company jumped ship also and now ive heard they have a cash shop me personally ill never play that game again. If I were going to play a post apoc MMO along side Darkfall it would be this one, goes by the name of Xsyon in my opinion that game is shaping up to be what Fallen Earth should have been and its full sandbox. http://www.xsyon.com been keeping my eye on it.
    Last edited by djnexus; 02-07-2011 at 21:54.

wait for av to deliver the promised stuff whats written in blog

without it the game is pretty much shit

and the chance that they will deliver atleast 10% of the written stuff is very small

4000+ EU1 Player

If your gonna play Fallen Earth which I did at release btw got to lvl 50 with max crafting skills in 2 months and then called it quits because theres just not enough end game and still isnt. They havent even opened up S4 yet and that has been in talks for ages. The lead guy for the company jumped ship also and now ive heard they have a cash shop me personally ill never play that game again. If I were going to play a post apoc MMO along side Darkfall it would be this one, goes by the name of Xsyon in my opinion that game is shaping up to be what Fallen Earth should have been and its full sandbox. http://www.xsyon.com been keeping my eye on it.
    I actually am casually watching that game. The hinted idea that your clan can build camps/outposts/SmallVillages is intresting if i understood what I was reading.

I played FE for 2 months and I loved the crafting but I missed working things that were truely 'epic'. Darkfall give you that feeling, FE not so much

1000+

Greetings everyone, its been over a year since ive last played at least and Ill be coming back to the game full time. I love to pvp and this is about the only game that offers what I want including mounted combat etc which no other games have? im pretty sure. I plan on starting over from scratch and just taking the journey as it comes and enjoying it. I also look forward to upcoming changes that Ive heard about including new content and reworked content and the new UI. Ive tried and played several diffrent games since being gone including Rift which is an utter joke and bastard child mix of wow and warhammer auto target button clicking. The mmo genre is headed in the wrong direction. But seeing and playing Darkfall gives me hope that its headed in the right direction. Ive also been more of a fan of sandbox games and non cookie cutter mmo's that dont hold your hand, I like games with challenge and theres really not a whole lot out there that offers that. I look forward to playing again once my account gets straightened out, because the email I had registered the game to I closed down. See you all in game.
    Hey man!

I know you . ..!! hehe I was the guy in vent who asked you if you were DJ Nexus in SLC (DJ Nexus from 1995 from clubs bricks/manhattan?). Would be funny if that was you LOL Jason!!?!?! wassup mang! Nah I bet that you are someone else and am the ork that I met in vent when I was PKing with other orks back around NA release. Anyways you probably would have remembered me from playing with my girlfriend often and bloodshoteyes, slug dud, abstract shion, and a few others who were in my clan on EU.

If you remember Screw Loose he still plays and would probably be happy to see you again. I am not sure what black orc assassins are still around but I know that there are a few and most are in some RP clan called ruff necks I think?

You seriously should not have left!! Missed out on some good times. I talk to Abstract and Bloodshot sometimes heh and those guys want to play again really bad but they dont have enough money/time/internets . ...

Id love to talk to slug dud (bob hope) again if you still talk to him.

Welcome back!!

Game is much better now but a little bit more of a PVE game until the pop picks back up.

omg its D day already!?

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by $id Viciou$ View Post
    Hey man!

I know you . ..!! hehe I was the guy in vent who asked you if you were DJ Nexus in SLC (DJ Nexus from 1995 from clubs bricks/manhattan?). Would be funny if that was you LOL Jason!!?!?! wassup mang! Nah I bet that you are someone else and am the ork that I met in vent when I was PKing with other orks back around NA release. Anyways you probably would have remembered me from playing with my girlfriend often and bloodshoteyes, slug dud, abstract shion, and a few others who were in my clan on EU.

If you remember Screw Loose he still plays and would probably be happy to see you again. I am not sure what black orc assassins are still around but I know that there are a few and most are in some RP clan called ruff necks I think?

You seriously should not have left!! Missed out on some good times. I talk to Abstract and Bloodshot sometimes heh and those guys want to play again really bad but they dont have enough money/time/internets . ...

Id love to talk to slug dud (bob hope) again if you still talk to him.

Welcome back!!

Game is much better now but a little bit more of a PVE game until the pop picks back up.
    Dude, we've ALL played with your girlfriend