Normal User

Default What has changed in past year?

I played Dark Fall roughly a year ago, and back then the primary things I was either told or noticed first hand was.

1. You will never catch up without afk farming.
    2. The annoying mob rubber banding
    3. Pretty much empty except for starter towns where noobs were farmed.

So what has changed, has rubber banding of mobs been fixed? I am sure noobs are still farmed ^^, how has skilling changed since a year ago?

I enjoyed the silly collecting of tons of useless loot and equipment, I enjoyed the paranoia of dying every 10 secs.

I even had the opportunity to hijack a guy's mount while he was fighting someone else, and bank it.. probably the one thing which was the highlight of my trial period game play.

The game has the style I love but was still pretty rough in some areas mechanically, but honestly looking to start trial again and become a subscriber if things have improved, like those funky arse character animations .

cheers
    Last edited by Perefim; 01-29-2011 at 20:55.

Animations improved
    World improved
    Sea towers
    You can get houses (it sucks)
    Grind has basically been gone for awhile (except for buffs)
    No sync issues
    World is huge thats why it seems empty, but mobs are all over the place. From when you quit, it seems like you quit before they fixed mob sync problems which means LONGER THAN A YEAR.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

The game gets better as you play. You start ganking people eventually.

I don't get ganked much at all if I don't want to. Usually I just let it happen because there's nothing useful to macro but transfers, though. ;[ still grinding away.

I've spent about 60-70k in meditation. It's helped. Money starts to become easier to get and you can fairly easily do things. I have regs. I've farmed them more than I've bought them and can buy them if I need to.

Being in a small clan at first is a good step, too. Things get pretty lucrative if you go out and do shit. Soloing is doable as well, but there's more risk.

Most important thing in Darkfall is macros. Sometimes the problem isn't just setting the macro up, but finding something useful to macro.

1000+

Promises but no deliverance.
    Some cheap fluff and fixes but it took almost 4 months each time.
    Fun game though.
    Last edited by RaptorBlackz; 01-30-2011 at 01:25.

Guybrush Threepwood Creator Of Ze SigOriginal Picture
    and his pet
    Captain Clucks
    250+ ping?? Nice joke AV now stop being a fail company and put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Normal User

I have a natural urge to re-sub but then I think about how empty the world was, and how sieges are lame.

Riding for 2 hours to find two harvesting nakeds... this is a pvp game, yeah it should be called an adventure type game.

You just explore a sh*t world and everyone is out to get you.

I always want to come back but it rly isn't worth it... deffinately not worth subbing.

They need to create a different game, same properties and try to actually execute what it says it would.

3000+

well i have no problem finding PVP.. hell either one of our cities are getting raided or we are raiding a city.. or little pvp fights when we run into people in dungeons and so on..

The world is far from empty its just the population is in and around player cities.

Normal User EU1 Player

You cant just ride and expect to find people who arent noobs, all pvp happens in / around player cities and the obvious pve hotspots (middle map, practically anywhere on yssam)

Normal User

Well I enjoy riding and finding that random pvp, because soloing is somewhat fun when you thrash unsuspecting people.

but its fine im not argueing, im just stating the truth about darkfall... I payed my dues with darkfall I spent a nerd's amount of time grinding my character, and it was 100% not worth it. Darkfall is dieing and they need to work on a new game.

I want to come back but the game is a circus im not gonna lie.

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Sandarament View Post
    Darkfall is dieing and they need to work on a new game.
    Yes the game HAS BEEN slowly dying for awhile now but everyone wants to pretend that it is fine and nothing is wrong. However, most people who hung around or waited this long will give AV one last chance with this DF Arena. Why? Simple. Darkfall has the most potential out of any other game I have ever played, but to actually realize it and act on it is something completely different, maybe DF Arena will be a success....
    Last edited by Keno; 01-31-2011 at 15:25.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

Banned

no players only vendors

3000+

The meditation system removes grind to get spells you want to use so it's not bad, it also makes getting witches brew and sacrifice very easy relative to before.

The latest patch looks to have boosted skill gains by roughly 2x across the board according to testing by several players in various threads. This will make it easier to get to a viable state of damage/usefulness. Meditation is supposed to get stats added and we should see it in a patch upcoming in a few weeks I believe AV said(Could mean a month ).

Armour choices to enhance your playstyle sound very interesting to finally add some much needed real diversity options and hopefully they add both Prestige Classes and Specialized Armours so that players can mix and match to make some unique playstyle options.

If the environmental sounds, removal of 1 siege only rule, alignment corrections, specialized armours, prestige classes, regionalization of mobs/resources, added stats to meditation(At a decent rate to remove the statgrind), clan city vendors and multi-core support come in DF: Arena then I think DF would be an amazing game already. Darkfall's core is a very entertaining and enjoyable game, it just needs a few tweaks/balancing in some areas/formulas to remove some of the lame aspects of the game such as grind and a very flawed alignment system.

The future looks decent, AV's slowly getting there and seems to be listening finally to the problems the players have been going on about for almost 2 years now. Better late then never I guess, if they continue the path they are taking addressing the issues one by one then we'll have a great game.

Next patch has a fix for dungeon logging, THANK THE FUCKING GODS OF DF! it's time for dungeon PvP to come back .

-Andrew
    Last edited by Kimoshu; 01-31-2011 at 18:13.
    Kimoshu Grakenshalmn

Middleman Rep