Page 1 of 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Rift!!!!!

Default Rift!!!!!

OMG guys

It's the same turd we are all bored sick of in a whole new wrapper! Yayzor tab targetting etc..

What the fucking puke is that shit? How are people not physically ill when they realize you have to hit tab or select something to attack it?

Just spoon feed me moar mediocrity please, I'm not quite full up on senseless adventure that goes nowhere and tab targetted fun!!

I couldn't stand being in that game for more than five minutes. I played a rogue and it even has the same charge up ball thingies from fucking WoW? Are you serious? Here's an idea, come up with something, anything, that is original or not directly suckled from the Blizzard teat of rehashed thought nuggets.

Fucking shitmonkeys I'm so irritated right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

Oh no, you wasted 5 minutes, we're all sorry for your loss.

2000+

I wasted 10 mins playing that shit..My luck is that I got kicked out of the server so didnt continue

Quote Originally Posted by chaOxz View Post
    I wasted 10 mins playing that shit..My luck is that I got kicked out of the server so didnt continue
    Well done good sir I didn't stick around for the ban!

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

This game is so awesome. I'm seriously fucking erect right now.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

4000+

Yes, it's similar to what's out, but it's done rather well for what it is, and it's pretty damn polished, even by non-beta standards.

I know a lot of people around here have some weird sense of elitism when it comes to tab-targetting versus action/manual aiming, like bashing tab-targetting games puts you in some elite gamer category. I think most of us would prefer more games that aren't tab-targetting, hence us being here in the first place. It does get old, but it's not a game-breaker for some of us. There's still PvP and fun to be had.

Yes, it's similar to what's out, but it's done rather well for what it is, and it's pretty damn polished, even by non-beta standards.

I know a lot of people around here have some weird sense of elitism when it comes to tab-targetting versus action/manual aiming, like bashing tab-targetting games puts you in some elite gamer category. I think most of us would prefer more games that aren't tab-targetting, hence us being here in the first place. It does get old, but it's not a game-breaker for some of us. There's still PvP and fun to be had.
    Not about being elite man, I seriously just get ill doing the same things from WoW essentially... Was fun, been there, done that, got the t-shirt... just can't do it anymore.

Not elite - just need something 'different' that is well done.

Basically I ask for the impossible.

Normal User

It's a PvE game at heart.
    Not really for the PvP crowd

After seeing Focus fire in Df and spells flying around in sieges impacting somewere i can't get myself back to a TAB game. Also no full loot is boring, you die and come back.....PvE fucking boring no actual AI only TAB skill smashing....small world many loading screens
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

Oh, screw you. If the only criticism that you could muster is Rift's resemblance to WoW, just tack it on to the other Rift thread and join the mouthbreathers. Really, what did you expect? If you had watched a single gameplay video, tab-targeting would have been an obvious feature.

"OH NO, it has TAB TARGETING. What a piece of shit! Forget the brilliant class system, the dynamic rifts, the lovingly crafted world, the unique lore, the exceptional use of lighting, a shocking level of polish, and what's more, enjoyable combat. TAB TARGETING TAB TARGETING ***DISAPPOINTMENT*** ***ANEURISM*** ***FOAM AT MOUTH*** ***CONVULSE*** ***DIE***"

Seriously, playing for 5 minutes? Get the fuck out.

Edit: I'm usually not this explicit, but the sheer level of stupidity directed against this game is astounding.
    Last edited by GFH_Spike; 01-26-2011 at 06:24.
    http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2559/zebrahitlerie8.gif
    "Do not kick poor Spike, for he is old and weak and cannot harm you."
    Killer 86%/Explorer 73%/Achiever 20%/Socializer 20%
    Previously playing Shadowbane with The Crimson Brotherhood

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by GFH_Spike View Post
    Oh, screw you. If the only criticism that you could muster is Rift's resemblance to WoW, just tack it on to the other Rift thread and join the mouthbreathers. Really, what did you expect? If you had watched a single gameplay video, tab-targeting would have been an obvious feature.

"OH NO, it has TAB TARGETING. What a piece of shit! Forget the brilliant class system, the dynamic rifts, the lovingly crafted world, the unique lore, the exceptional use of lighting, a shocking level of polish, and what's more, enjoyable combat. TAB TARGETING TAB TARGETING ***DISAPPOINTMENT*** ***ANEURISM*** ***FOAM AT MOUTH*** ***CONVULSE*** ***DIE***"

Seriously, playing for 5 minutes? Get the fuck out.

Edit: I'm usually not this explicit, but the sheer level of stupidity directed against this game is astounding.
    lol rage.

But in all seriousness, there just wasnt anything new that grabbed my attention to keep me playing.

I started a "rogue" character and the combat just felt wayyy to like WoW and for me, that just instantly turned me off. It has many new cool features, such as the rifts, but the combat felt the same as before, hence why i stopped.

Story or the lore didnt grab me, had no real interest in it. So for me, the story nor the combat grabbed me, therefore i wont be playing rift again.

It is insanely polished for a beta though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainfreeze View Post
    Safest place in the game? That's the loading screen you're stuck at, right after you just got ganked.

Normal User

I've been enjoying the game moderately. I take the game for what it is- it does what it's trying to do very well. I'm not sure it's the type of game I would sub to on release as I tend to be a more hardcore PvP-type player, but it's pretty damn good for what it's trying to do.
    - Kinsari

Why would I want to play this turd, shiny, but still a turd, when I could go and play the king of all turds, WoW. No matter how much they polish Rift, it can never be as polished and feature-filled as WoW. WoW was cool in 2005 tho, it's 2011 now, I guess Rift didn't get the memo from WAR and the other 101 fail copycats.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkorus View Post
    Why would I want to play this turd, shiny, but still a turd, when I could go and play the king of all turds, WoW. No matter how much they polish Rift, it can never be as polished and feature-filled as WoW. WoW was cool in 2005 tho, it's 2011 now, I guess Rift didn't get the memo from WAR and the other 101 fail copycats.
    At least we got the memo now that you're an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Draus View Post
    lol rage.

But in all seriousness, there just wasnt anything new that grabbed my attention to keep me playing.

I started a "rogue" character and the combat just felt wayyy to like WoW and for me, that just instantly turned me off. It has many new cool features, such as the rifts, but the combat felt the same as before, hence why i stopped.

Story or the lore didnt grab me, had no real interest in it. So for me, the story nor the combat grabbed me, therefore i wont be playing rift again.

It is insanely polished for a beta though.
    You summed it up nicely. I even played a rogue and had the exact same experience of you. I saw the orbs and was like ...oh...wow.