Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Default Mousepads - What's Your Fav?

So, my current mousepad is just way too beatup to continue using. It used to have the perfect about of friction/traction for FPS to balance out the higher-than-average scroll speed that i like to use, but now it's worn smooth.

I can't just buy the same mousepad because these were actually custom made by a LAN Center I used to manage in Cali years ago (Rivalution Network Center #3).

So, I'm in the market for a new gaming mousepad. I'm very picky. No smooth surfaces. Give me some options!
    Garful Greatforge
    Heroes Fate
    Quote Originally Posted by Effeh View Post
    you know RGF is meanies when garful and dim mok are on the same side of an issue.

Any metallic mousepad with a coating over it providing a course side and a smooth side.

Razer has these, Rocketfish does too, so do other manufacturers.

It's all about the same, imo... I use a razer one, my wife uses a rocketfish one. The metallic ones don't wear as much as a traditional cloth/rubber mousepad, and don't end up with raised-cloth rolls, or holes in it, or start having the rubber break off at edges (being held on only by the cloth)...

First example I could find:
    http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Vespula-.../dp/B0036WTBFY

The one I actually use:
    http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.h...ductId=4758996

My wife's:
    http://www.amazon.com/Rocketfish-RF-...ata/B001719CMI

You don't even need to order these off the web; best buy carries rocketfish ones that are just as nice... so you can check them out there in person too.

P.S.: I use the coarser 'control' side of mine.
    Last edited by Abaratican; 01-13-2011 at 23:28.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

Thanks Nacitar! I just checked the Best Buy near me (online) and they have the Rocketfish in stock. I'm going to stop by on my way home and test out the control side. Sounds like it might be a good fit.
    Garful Greatforge
    Heroes Fate
    you know RGF is meanies when garful and dim mok are on the same side of an issue.

19,000+

Glass mousepads ftw. I have a Corepad Magna Blue which is just sex. Heard the Icemats are good too. Unfortunately my Lachesis doesn't work on the mousepad.

Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    Glass mousepads ftw. I have a Corepad Magna Blue which is just sex. Heard the Icemats are good too. Unfortunately my Lachesis doesn't work on the mousepad.
    Many, many mice don't work on glass mousepads.

Besides that this doesn't cover his non-smooth requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

4000+

I use the Razer Hazmat. I don't think they make them anymore, the Vespula is basically the same thing.

Yeah, I really like what I'm reading about the Vespula on some review blogs. Would be nice to have the smooth-surface option for the rare games where I do need more speed over control.

Unless I really like the Rocketfish that Best Buy has in stock, I'll probably put in an order for Vespula.
    Garful Greatforge
    Heroes Fate

7000+ EU1 Player

I dont use a mousepad. Haven't for years.

19,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    Many, many mice don't work on glass mousepads.

Besides that this doesn't cover his non-smooth requirement.
    Oh, I didn't even read that. Why would anyone want a non-smooth mousepad? You're not cool unless you can handle 4000DPI on a glass surface. Smooth surfaces arguably provide more control than course surfaces because the reduced friction means your hand moves freely and accurately, not bogged down by friction.
    Last edited by Viluin; 01-14-2011 at 00:02.

BTW, in case any of you are looking to pickup a good, but cheap, monitor... I found this deal on the Staples website. You can combine it with a $25 off $75 purchase coupon that you can buy for like $1.47 from my second link (people get these coupons for taking online surveys and then sell them).

I know it's eMachines brand, but I think they've really improved in quality since Gateway bought them in 04.

http://www.staples.com/eMachines-E23...?cmArea=SEARCH

http://www.e-junkie.com/staple
    Garful Greatforge
    Heroes Fate

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    I dont use a mousepad. Haven't for years.
    Same good old wood works very well.

Oh, I didn't even read that. Why would anyone want a non-smooth mousepad? You're not cool unless you can handle 4000DPI on a glass surface. Smooth surfaces arguably provide more control than course surfaces because the reduced friction means your hand moves freely and accurately, not bogged down by friction.
    Nah, if it's constant resistance, it helps with control because it takes a more forceful movement and cuts down on things like hand shakes
    Garful Greatforge
    Heroes Fate

19,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Garful View Post
    Nah, if it's constant resistance, it helps with control because it takes a more forceful movement and cuts down on things like hand shakes
    Lol, hand shakes. A smooth mousepad has constant resistance too..

Lol, hand shakes. A smooth mousepad has constant resistance too..
    *shrug*

A lot of people just find that course surfaces help them track better. I've always preferred course surfaces.
    Garful Greatforge
    Heroes Fate

Razer exact mat, only using control (coarse) side. I bought it like 3 years ago, great quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyldor Gwyvallt View Post
    Obviously all this in the US...the country where a fanatical worship of science has replaced any true religious sense or any balanced perception of LIFE