Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

3000+

Did you read the Snopes-article Makestro..?

Quote Originally Posted by Makestro View Post
    Do I literally have to pull up the Jeffersonian cyclopedia, find the pages and quote numbers, and do it for you? fuck it, I might as well

http://etext.virginia.edu/etcbin/toc...&division=div2

From the website you posted earlier: http://wiki.monticello.org/mediawiki...28Quotation%29

you looked real hard man, really, you did.

EDIT: I know the last one has no real source, but since it is a quotation linked to him for a long time period it's hard to say if it is legit or not
    Are you fucking stupid? The last link is the exact page I showed you to debunk their usage in the cartoon. You are a glutton for embarrassment.

Status: This quotation is at least partly spurious; see comments below.

How many times do you intend to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

Banned

Debunked by what? The theory hold true. One man tried to put silver back as currency and threatened the bankers interests and got killed for it.

As if conspiracy theories were debunked because they are labeled as such.

2 guys robbing a bank is a conspiracy. The theory is how they did it.

On the Jefferson quote. He might not have said that to the letter, but he did say something similar and showed resentment of banking.

* The monopoly of a single bank is certainly an evil. The multiplication of them was intended to cure it; but it multiplied an influence of the same character with the first, and completed the supplanting the precious metals by a paper circulation. Between such parties the less we meddle the better.
    o Letter to Albert Gallatin, 1802. ME 10:323

* In order to be able to meet a general combination of the banks against us in a critical emergency, could we not make a beginning towards an independent use of our own money, towards holding our own bank in all the deposits where it is received, and letting the treasurer give his draft or note for payment at any particular place, which, in a well-conducted government, ought to have as much credit as any private draft or bank note or bill, and would give us the same facilities which we derive from the banks?
    o Letter to Albert Gallatin, 1803. ME 10:439

[The] Bank of the United States... is one of the most deadly hostility existing, against the principles and form of our Constitution... An institution like this, penetrating by its branches every part of the Union, acting by command and in phalanx, may, in a critical moment, upset the government. I deem no government safe which is under the vassalage of any self-constituted authorities, or any other authority than that of the nation, or its regular functionaries. What an obstruction could not this bank of the United States, with all its branch banks, be in time of war! It might dictate to us the peace we should accept, or withdraw its aids. Ought we then to give further growth to an institution so powerful, so hostile?

* Letter to Albert Gallatin, 1803. ME 10:437

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Thomas_...ancial_matters
    Last edited by Bissen; 01-05-2011 at 14:10.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    Are you fucking stupid? The last link is the exact page I showed you to debunk their usage in the cartoon. You are a glutton for embarrassment.

Status: This quotation is at least partly spurious; see comments below.

How many times do you intend to do this?
    You missed the ) so he didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Debunked by what? The theory hold true. One man tried to put silver back as currency and threatened the bankers interests and got killed for it.

As if conspiracy theories were debunked because they are labeled as such.

2 guys robbing a bank is a conspiracy. The theory is how they did it.
    http://www.publiceye.org/conspire/fl...flaherty9.html

On the Jefferson quote. He might not have said that to the letter, but he did say something similar and showed resentment of banking.
    Ya. And that'd be fine if they weren't saying he actually said something he didn't say. They could paraphrase for artistic effect or whatever, but certainly not with writing on the screen claiming he actually said it. Of course this is just one amongst many other falsehoods of the cartoon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by [LoD] EE View Post
    has a few valid points in the beginning but slides into a bunch of conspiracy theories very fast.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xipe Totec View Post
    has a few valid points in the beginning but slides into a bunch of conspiracy theories very fast.
    And we all know conspiracies are ludicrous mirages of the mind. That or something that could only be true if confirmed by official government sources.

1000+

worth sharing
    AnarchAbolical Killers
    Quote Originally Posted by Aacevedo
    jajajajja , in my country "raja" is the name we give to the line formed by the ass cheeks :lmao:
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyraccoon
    That's actually pretty sexy.

Banned

And we all know conspiracies are ludicrous mirages of the mind.
    Yes, that's why they're called "conspiracy theories" and not "hard facts".
    Last edited by Xipe Totec; 01-05-2011 at 18:24.

Banned

Yes, that's why they're called "conspiracy theories" and not "hard facts".
    lol you tard.

Conspiracies happen every fucking day. A trial involving a plot of two people planning a murder against a victim is a conspiracy theory getting tried.
    Nothing in your little bubbly world is fact. Not evolution. Not relativity. Not anything. We can only determine things with a degree of certainty.

With your logic Hitler didn't burn the Reichstags to promote his own dictatorship. Why? Because Hitler said so.

Banned

Conspiracies happen every fucking day.
    A conspiracy is not the same as a Conspiracy theory, the main difference being, that a conspiracy is supported by evidence, while a conspiracy theory isn't, hence the name. D'oh.

Banned

A conspiracy is not the same as a Conspiracy theory, the main difference being, that a conspiracy is supported by evidence, while a conspiracy theory isn't, hence the name. D'oh.
    Clueless moron. Every conspiracy is a theory! The theory is the one you have to support by evidence. Ask Einstein. Or any criminal investigator for that matter. How do you think a homicide detective makes his case? By putting up a theory of how it happened and then follow the evidence. Fucking pea brain.
    Last edited by Bissen; 01-05-2011 at 19:09.

Banned

Every conspiracy is a theory!
    No. See, we have something like laws and there is actually a sentence for people who commit conspiracies. This means a conspiracy is a well defined case. If an investigation lends evidence that a conspiracy is taking place, then it's a conspiracy. Conversly, if there is no evidence for a conspiracy taking place, or if there is no investigation to begin with, it's not a conspiracy but a conspiracy theory.

I can go on and ramble about how shit came out of my toilet trying to conquer the world. As long as I don't give hard facts about my shit growing sentience and then marching on to taking over the world it's inane blubber.

Also, please do not confuse a scientific theory with the term "conspiracy theory". The latter has nothing to do with the former. The appearance of the word "theory" is purly coincidential and does not denote that an actual theory in the meaning of the word is behind it. It's one of the many bloomers of language.
    Last edited by Xipe Totec; 01-05-2011 at 19:28.