Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
    1000+

Default The History of Darkfall!

The History of Darkfall is an open comunity project.

In this project I plan to describe the lore of Darkfall (politics, events, etc) so if your clan took part of it it will be told. It will also feature an in-character view of the world and its evolution.

The final product will be an in character roleplay story wich can be used to tell the story of Darkfall in a casual or roleplay manner.

When will it start? Well.. That is up to the comunity!

Everybody's participation is needed, I want descriptions of what happened in Darkfall's history, talented writers, artwork, anything you can think of that we can fit in our story. I know it will be long and hard with the trolls and diferent opinions but it will be done.

This is not a project dependant on me, post suggestions and stuff that you think I could fit in our story! Tell me if you think this project is worth it or how it should be done!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To start writting we must know:

What happened at launch?
    What was the player's view of Agon?
    Who did the most remarkable things?
    Last edited by Gray Fox; 12-13-2010 at 16:13.

In b4 all the posts about the Coalition of the Chillin'
    EyeBeat Women - MASTER PLAN

I applaud the initiative with something like this, but I really don't see how you can come up with any real lore that people don't strongly disagree on. I also don't see how you can come up with lore that doesn't contradict the real lore of the game such as the fact that wars based on racial alliance are virtually non-existent since the first few months of launch.

I mean how about Oromea and Dusk Alliance? You going to put that the largest Mirdain alliance allied with the largest alfar alliance for most of their time in the game? According to the lore they are hated enemies.. It just wouldn't happen with the real lore of the game and will just make the lore more of a joke than now
    Last edited by melipone; 12-13-2010 at 18:49.

http://dforacle.blogspot.com/

History of Yssam Up to the Fall of the Coalition of the Chillin.
    Last edited by Zaffax; 12-13-2010 at 19:19.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by melipone View Post
    I applaud the initiative with something like this, but I really don't see how you can come up with any real lore that people don't strongly disagree on. I also don't see how you can come up with lore that doesn't contradict the real lore of the game such as the fact that wars based on racial alliance are virtually non-existent since the first few months of launch.

I mean how about Oromea and Dusk Alliance? You going to put that the largest Mirdain alliance allied with the largest alfar alliance for most of their time in the game? According to the lore they are hated enemies.. It just wouldn't happen with the real lore of the game and will just make the lore more of a joke than now
    You can explain ANYTHING in a roleplay context some things are easier and some harder. The fact that clans were mostly ARAC doesnt stop a roleplay story, I will just have to explain why they were ARAC.

I would need ex-menbers of Oromea to come here and explain why they allied with Dusk, in the lines of history it will probably end up with them being called liars or a clan that had to drop certain values to either stay strong or gain more power.

Normal User
    Holmis Fatpuncher [SUN]

Quote Originally Posted by Metagen View Post
    fucking SUN of a bitch

1000+

Alright we have tons of material already related to Calfardar and activity in Yssam.
    The stories are rather long and the plan is to do an overview of the story, its quite hard because the chronicles of Darkfall are quite complex and detailed We will need to make it shorter, I need more info from CotC and Hyperion war and how they were formed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    You can explain ANYTHING in a roleplay context some things are easier and some harder. The fact that clans were mostly ARAC doesnt stop a roleplay story, I will just have to explain why they were ARAC.

I would need ex-menbers of Oromea to come here and explain why they allied with Dusk, in the lines of history it will probably end up with them being called liars or a clan that had to drop certain values to either stay strong or gain more power.
    To me RP stuff needs to be set in a believable context. Most of the DF events just make no sense at all when looked at from a lore perspective.

For eg again, the biggest Alfar alliance, a race who hate everything thats not Alfar were allying with not only the Mirdain but the CotC..the only actual enemies for Alfar alliance (dusk) were Death iirc. It just makes no sense from an RP pov no matter how you twist it

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by melipone View Post
    To me RP stuff needs to be set in a believable context. Most of the DF events just make no sense at all when looked at from a lore perspective.

For eg again, the biggest Alfar alliance, a race who hate everything thats not Alfar were allying with not only the Mirdain but the CotC..the only actual enemies for Alfar alliance (dusk) were Death iirc. It just makes no sense from an RP pov no matter how you twist it
    Then I will say that if you would attempt to roleplay you would be too inflexible. What you are saying is like: All mirdain are benevolent and all alfar are evil.

It will probably end up with a story describing most clans as mercenary and bloodthirsty some between good and evil, some following the race ways.
    Bloodthirsty will mean that the players pvped agaisnt anyone and had a love for it a whilst mercenary clans would just get payed to do stuff.

Its all stuff that happened and makes sense.

Not at all..I just feel trying to explain events like whats happened with Darkfall history in an RP way is just ludicrous. Its like having Star Wars canon and giving it to a 5 year old to play around with. It just makes no believable sense to me

Trying to make it make sense will only make a further mockery of the lore. If its simply fan fiction and isn't adopted by AV then it would be OK, but the idea of AV trying to explain away the holes in their lore or the unimmersive way the race alliance system turned out isn't going to wash with anyone. Theres a good reason there isn't much RP interest in DF and its to do with the unbelievable nature of the world. Adding more unbelievable elements will just make it worse imo.

What has RP to do with races ? you can include them but isn'T the political warfare not RP itselfs. And the Sieges between hyperion/COTC...the Nifleheim wars, the Yssam Wars, the earlie Ruby Wars and later the defeat of stasis
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by EyeBeatWomen View Post
    In b4 all the posts about the Coalition of the Chillin'
    Pretty much the only thing that matters anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

As long as AV doesn't trash the forums, we can always go back and look at old posts...

Start with:
    On the very first day, Tasos said, "Let there be grind".

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by traitor1 View Post
    Start with:
    On the very first day, Tasos said, "Let there be grind".
    lmfao