Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamburgers

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    See somethings you just can't unlearn. Thanks for ruining the best mixture ever invented.

Also, guys... I'm going insane. I quit drinking soda cold turkey 3 weeks ago, and I used to drink 2 litres of dr pepper a day. I was hardcore addicted and man... I want some bad now!
    What's in it? Coke?

I can't stand soda, it gives me heartburn or acid stomach from less than half a liter.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

See somethings you just can't unlearn. Thanks for ruining the best mixture ever invented.

Also, guys... I'm going insane. I quit drinking soda cold turkey 3 weeks ago, and I used to drink 2 litres of dr pepper a day. I was hardcore addicted and man... I want some bad now!
    Have you considered switching to loose leaf tea and fresh fruit? The tea provides caffeine, while the fruit satisfies any cravings for sweetness. I would avoid fruit juice, by the way. Nutritionally, it's nearly equivalent to soda and tends to contain greater sugar content by volume. Given that it lacks fiber and is mostly comprised of water, your body will rapidly absorb the sugars and undergo insulin spikes.

The benefits of tea are numerous enough not to require expounding, though if you are interested in learning more, the Wikipedia article of its health effects is a decent starting point, given that a variety of relevant studies are referenced. For cheap samples of high quality teas, visit these four sites.

Den's Tea - Japanese, $3 sample pack, free shipping
    Fun Alliance - Chinese, $7 sample pack, free shipping
    Adagio Teas - All Teas (no specialty), $7-12 ($5 off first order, free shipping until Monday)
    Upton Imports - All Teas (Indian specialty), $10-15 sample packs

I've personally ordered from the sites above and can attest to the quality of their products. If you follow through and come to enjoy loose leaf teas, check out TeaChat for additional vendors and tons of useful information.

As for hamburgers, I prefer steak. Bacon-wrapped filet mignon, medium rare. Slow-cooked brisket is mouthwatering as well.
    http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2559/zebrahitlerie8.gif
    "Do not kick poor Spike, for he is old and weak and cannot harm you."
    Killer 86%/Explorer 73%/Achiever 20%/Socializer 20%
    Previously playing Shadowbane with The Crimson Brotherhood

Bacon wrapped fillets, fuck yeah!

As for tea, it's a viable alternative. What I've been drinking includes it, as well as hot chocolate, V8 fusion juice (no added sugar and vegetables too) and powerade.

As far as soda is concerned, how unhealthy is it really? Since I've quit I've had massive sugar cravings on junk food, cakes, pies, doughnuts, etc... it seems the body does indeed need or at least for some reason crave a decent bit of sugar. Getting it in liquid form isn't bad.

Btw, the problem with tea is it takes a while to make it. You have to get up, heat the water, make the tea and wait a bit... it's not as simple as dr pepper, nor is juice because it has to be refrigerated. It's not a gamers drink. Dr pepper is always right besides me. :P

The main reason I stopped drinking it is because it's bad for your teeth. I have great, straight teeth, never needed braces. Seems a shame to wear away the enamel because of a drink. I need some sort of protective guard I could use to shield my teeth from it while I drink...

Yummy.

5000+

Btw, the problem with tea is it takes a while to make it. You have to get up, heat the water, make the tea and wait a bit... it's not as simple as dr pepper, nor is juice because it has to be refrigerated. It's not a gamers drink. Dr pepper is always right besides me. :P
    If you just want the caffeine, you can do like I do. Get a teacup and put a small sieve on top of it and fill it with loose tea and pour water over. That way you can make use more tea and keep it in the water a short time (30 seconds to 5 minutes) so that it has lots of caffeine in relation to flavor and tannins. Or the opposite if you want to avoid caffeine.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

19,000+

I stopped drinking soda years ago. Well, not entirely, I still drink it occasionally but, not at home. After a while you don't really miss it anymore. Botled water ftw.

And you drank 2 liters of unrefrigerated Dr. Pepper every day? What the hell is wrong with you?
    Last edited by Viluin; 11-28-2010 at 10:52.

8000+

lol @ vegetarians/vegans

Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    I stopped drinking soda years ago. Well, not entirely, I still drink it occasionally but, not at home. After a while you don't really miss it anymore. Botled water ftw.

And you drank 2 liters of unrefrigerated Dr. Pepper every day? What the hell is wrong with you?
    ?

It's just liquid sugar. Since you do need sugar anyways it's not so horribly bad.. what is most affected are your teeth.

Yummy.

5000+

?

It's just liquid sugar. Since you do need sugar anyways it's not so horribly bad.. what is most affected are your teeth.
    You don't need sugar, you need energy, and only if you're not fat, not fully grown or you want to gain muscle or fat.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

19,000+

?

I assure you drinking 2 liters of liquid sugar every day is pretty damn bad.

Okay maybe you don't need it, but I don't do anything else unhealthy. I've never smoked or done drugs, never drink alcohol, even cover my nose with my shirt around second hand smoke. I'm 20 and weigh 135 lbs with 9% body fat last I checked and a resting heart rate of 55.

Can drinking a bit of sugar really be so bad then?

Also it's been 3 weeks, and honestly I don't feel any different. I have the urge to drink soda, but that's the only new sensation. Everything else is the same.
    Last edited by Death's Chill; 11-28-2010 at 12:00.

Yummy.

5000+

Okay maybe you don't need it, but I don't do anything else unhealthy. I've never smoked or done drugs, never drink alcohol, even cover my nose with my shirt around second hand smoke. I'm 20 and weigh 135 lbs with 9% body fat last I checked and a resting heart rate of 55.

Can drinking a bit of sugar really be so bad then?
    It's TOBACCO smoking that's supposedly harmful, though all smoke is bad. Drugs and alcohol isn't much bad for your health if done in moderation either. And as far as I know second hand smoke is BULLSHIT. How the fuck did you measure your bodyfat? The electrical resistance thingies are as much as 50% off, maybe more for people with extreme body types. Being small is unhealthy and having low fat percentage too. You have a higher chance to die because of it, and that statistic is only from natural causes I think and doesn't factor in the much higher chance of dying from accidents and violence.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

Quote Originally Posted by Weeking View Post
    It's TOBACCO smoking that's supposedly harmful, though all smoke is bad. Drugs and alcohol isn't much bad for your health if done in moderation either. And as far as I know second hand smoke is BULLSHIT. How the fuck did you measure your bodyfat? The electrical resistance thingies are as much as 50% off, maybe more for people with extreme body types. Being small is unhealthy and having low fat percentage too. You have a higher chance to die because of it, and that statistic is only from natural causes I think and doesn't factor in the much higher chance of dying from accidents and violence.
    Inhaling smoke full of chemicals is bad. You can show me statistics and reports and whatever you want, I will still avoid it as much as I can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage

You need essential fats. Excess fat is unhealthy. Would you call Bruce Lee unhealthy? He was as skinny as me.

I do a fair bit of Cardio too so that helps with maintaining it.

You're a bit silly if you think being fat is better than skinny. I'm not skin and bones skinny either. That's different. There are extremes to both sides, but when you close in towards the middle ground, I'd rather be on the less heavy side.

Yummy.

5000+

Inhaling smoke full of chemicals is bad. You can show me statistics and reports and whatever you want, I will still avoid it as much as I can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage

You need essential fats. Excess fat is unhealthy. Would you call Bruce Lee unhealthy? He was as skinny as me.

I do a fair bit of Cardio too so that helps with maintaining it.

You're a bit silly if you think being fat is better than skinny. I'm not skin and bones skinny either. That's different. There are extremes to both sides, but when you close in towards the middle ground, I'd rather be on the less heavy side.
    Bruce Lee died at 32.
    (wikipedia)

"Later Lee complained of a headache, and Ting gave him an analgesic (painkiller), Equagesic, which contained both aspirin and the muscle relaxant meprobamate. Around 7:30 pm, he went to lie down for a nap. When Lee did not turn up for dinner, Chow came to the apartment but could not wake Lee up. A doctor was summoned, who spent ten minutes attempting to revive him before sending him by ambulance to Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Lee was dead by the time he reached the hospital

"However, Donald Teare, a forensic scientist recommended by Scotland Yard who had overseen over 1000 autopsies, was the top expert assigned to the Lee case. His conclusion was that the death was caused by an acute cerebral edema due to a reaction to compounds present in the prescription painkilling drug Equagesic, where Teare concluded "death by misadventure".[107]"

Being big and fat helps resist drugs and overdoses, especially this kind where it is given without even trying to adjust for weight or there is limited supply so that it's obvious that it is pointless giving to to fatties in the first place, so they don't.
    Last edited by Weeking; 11-28-2010 at 13:00.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

Okay.. so I guess it's even better then that I don't do drugs or even take pain medication. I never get sick either, and last time I did I just waited it out.

It's a damn shame someone so legendary, so physically fit and determined to remain so, died from a pill.

Yummy.

Wasn't Bruce Lee killed by a gun on the set of his last movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.