Thread: About the map

Normal User EU1 Player

Default About the map

The map is huge and beautiful, I love it! but ... it's very empty. No players, no mobs (i've been walking for 5-6 Km and have seen just 1 mob spawn area, a couple of foxes and 6-7 deer).
    How do you guys cope with this ... there's nothing nowhere and walking for hours on end sometimes doesn't rly offer anything interesting. Am I just doing it wrong ?

Normal User

yes you're doing it wrong, sorry.

use a map such as sinister map or yourmom map to see how many mob spawns there actually are

as for players, some areas are very quiet and peaceful, some are absolute hotspots, the time of day also matters obviously
    Last edited by ZERKproject; 11-26-2010 at 16:35.

Look up YourMom map (an actual map), it has all the mobs spawn and all.

As for the population, well, it's only up to AV, not much we can do about it. Although many players of the current playerbase seem to believe that the populaton is "fine", so that doesn't help.
    Irenor Rainstone
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Check yourmom map, zoom in, you see plenty of mob spawns. You just need to know where to go really.

Same for finding ppl. Go to players cities or semi-high end mob spawns. You'll find plenty of scrubs.

Good luck!

Lol jesus, I didn't see a post and now I see 3 similar ones withing a minute.

/laugh.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by pheipl View Post
    The map is huge and beautiful, I love it! but ... it's very empty. No players, no mobs (i've been walking for 5-6 Km and have seen just 1 mob spawn area, a couple of foxes and 6-7 deer).
    How do you guys cope with this ... there's nothing nowhere and walking for hours on end sometimes doesn't rly offer anything interesting. Am I just doing it wrong ?
    Same thing happened to me when I first started playing so you probably just have my luck . I somehow managed to accidentally navigate completely in between mob spawn areas and wandered for hours before I found something which promptly kicked my ass and sent me to my bindstone. Now when I go out anywhere I'm running into spawns left right and centre!

Use this site for mapping out mobs/cities: www.feylines.net/yourmom
    This site is a little outdated in some areas but offers a good mob database: www.darkfallsage.com

Lastly if you want some more direct assistance join NEW; Open up your clans page, click menu, browse to "NEW", click the name, click menu again and then click recruitment.

NEW's vent: vent21.light-speed.com Port: 8133

Welcome to darkfall!

-Andrew
    Kimoshu Grakenshalmn

Middleman Rep

Normal User EU1 Player

yeah, now that I checked the map at yorumom ... I just don't understand how I chose a path that lead right between ALL THE SPAWNING POINTS ... just dumb luck it seems. All I need now is to understand what is up with these player vendors!

4000+

Something else than trees/rocks/plainground, for example a house, nearly always has a mobspawn.

Also if you don't want to run into mobs, follow roads or the zone lines.

1000+

yeah, now that I checked the map at yorumom ... I just don't understand how I chose a path that lead right between ALL THE SPAWNING POINTS ... just dumb luck it seems. All I need now is to understand what is up with these player vendors!
    LOL funny.

I remember doing that before. It stops happening only a couple weeks into the game pretty much because you start to ride around mounted all of the time. In the future, you will be very thankful for the empty areas because they will serve as great battlegrounds to make a stand in. Keep in mind that in this game, any one of those places could become a warzone involving hundreds, or even thousands, of people. It is not all of the time, just like in real life.

Think of it like real life. You walk out into the woods and your likely to find nothing but maybe some deer and bunnies or something. Find a reason to go some where and do something. Move to base out of a new NPC city. Ask the locals around the town. There are so many things to do in this game. Chat is pretty dead though because most people use vent and ignore chat.

omg its D day already!?

All I need now is to understand what is up with these player vendors!
    Players owning a house may be able to get a vendor for it. The vendor works like a merchant for the owner, he can stock it with goods he like, armor, weapons, reags, etc. and other players can buy them.
    Last edited by Umki Bloodsoul; 11-27-2010 at 00:17.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by $id Viciou$ View Post
    LOL funny.
    Nice bullshit to get a player to buy a subscription and quit later instead of after trial.