Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

As far as I can tell, 90% of Tea Party members are just Republicans saying the same shit they've been saying for 20 years, but will drop their issue centered politics as soon as someone they agree with gets into office. Fiscal responsibility only matters to most Tea Party members to the extent that money is spent on things they like.

The government could lower taxes to 5%, spend 3 trillion a year on the military, and they'd be fine with that because the deficit spending was on things they liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

Normal User

The government could lower taxes to 5%, spend 3 trillion a year on the military, and they'd be fine with that because the deficit spending was on things they liked
    Agian true.

Bomb the bilderberg hotel when all the 'elite' pricks are in there.

Then tea bag simon cowell

IMO'Z

x

x

10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    As far as I can tell, 90% of Tea Party members are just Republicans saying the same shit they've been saying for 20 years, but will drop their issue centered politics as soon as someone they agree with gets into office. Fiscal responsibility only matters to most Tea Party members to the extent that money is spent on things they like.

The government could lower taxes to 5%, spend 3 trillion a year on the military, and they'd be fine with that because the deficit spending was on things they liked.
    That's probably true of the Palinites, but not all tea partiers. I'd estimate anywhere from 40-60% of self-proclaimed tea partiers are actually neo-con hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    That's probably true of the Palinites, but not all tea partiers. I'd estimate anywhere from 40-60% of self-proclaimed tea partiers are actually neo-con hacks.
    Whether 90% or 40-60% the proportion is only of marginal concern to my broader point that the tea party movement is much more marginal than often asserted. The proportion of the population who believes in the core tea party values has not significantly shifted over than past 10 years. Tea party has come to be a buzzword for general conservativism.

Because the actual values have not shifted, only the proportion of people calling themselves tea party members, there will be no real shift in the result in government.

Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

12,000+

Whether 90% or 40-60% the proportion is only of marginal concern to my broader point that the tea party movement is much more marginal than often asserted. The proportion of the population who believes in the core tea party values has not significantly shifted over than past 10 years. Tea party has come to be a buzzword for general conservativism.

Because the actual values have not shifted, only the proportion of people calling themselves tea party members, there will be no real shift in the result in government.
    To be honest you can't be taken serious unless you state the same about the other side.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"

Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    To be honest you can't be taken serious unless you state the same about the other side.
    The Coffee party?

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

What other side?

12,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    The Coffee party?
    What other side?
    The democrat party. The guys that had huge wins in 2006 and 2008. The guys that campaigned hardcore anti war and then all of their grass roots gave up as soon as their guys were for it.

The democrat party. The guys that had huge wins in 2006 and 2008. The guys that campaigned hardcore anti war and then all of their grass roots gave up as soon as their guys were for it.
    Oh. Well, if that's the case, I imagine he didn't feel the need to say the same about them because it just isn't relevant.

Edit : Same reason a person could talk shit about the religion of Islam without always having to clarify that there are other religions that they also happen to dislike for similar reason they might dislike Islam.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 11-07-2010 at 02:51.

Enchanting Information

-Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :

12,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    Oh. Well, if that's the case, I imagine he didn't feel the need to say the same about them because it just isn't relevant.

Edit : Same reason a person could talk shit about the religion of Islam without always having to clarify that there are other religions that they also happen to dislike for similar reason they might dislike Islam.
    Actually no if we keep in mind that democrats and republicans are both hypocrites the only logical solution would be to advocate against both political parties.

After all you wouldn't want to end up mistakenly converting people to the same thing.

The difference is I don't claim the peace movement is something unique. I never thought the Democrats would immediately withdraw, nor did I want them to. I'm not pretending the peace movement is something sweeping the country like you are with the tea party movement.

12,000+

The difference is I don't claim the peace movement is something unique. I never thought the Democrats would immediately withdraw, nor did I want them to. I'm not pretending the peace movement is something sweeping the country like you are with the tea party movement.
    Actually you might want to take that back. If you read what I am saying I am clearly pointing out who I am rooting for. It is not tea party at large.

Actually no if we keep in mind that democrats and republicans are both hypocrites the only logical solution would be to advocate against both political parties.

After all you wouldn't want to end up mistakenly converting people to the same thing.
    See, here's the thing ; the thought isn't that both the Democrats and the Republicans are hypocrites (though they are) - it's that all political parties in America are shams - including the Libertarians ; and specifically because the Libertarians are little more than a proxy of the Republican party.

Just like if the Green party were to suddenly become a big deal, most people would say that they're little more than a proxy of the Democratic party.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 11-07-2010 at 04:51.

Enchanting Information

-Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :