Page 1 of 13 1211 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Plans

Darkfall Developer

Default Future Plans

Hi,

Our last activity report seems to have created some speculation which has led to some genuine confusion as to our goals for future generations of the game. I'll try to clarify a bit with as much as I can talk about right now:

• All our resources are dedicated to the development and future of Darkfall1 (that's what I'll call it for the purposes of this post to avoid any confusion).
    • We're currently working on a major expansion to Darkfall1.
    • We haven't diverted resources to a Darkfall2 game.
    • Even if we had, it would take years to complete and we would not stop full development of Darkfall1
    • We have no plans of replacing Darkfall1 with a Darkfall2
    • If you asked us what's after Darkfall we'd include Darkfall2 in our answer because we think that Darkfall has a future, it's the logical progression of things and this is basically what I was referring to when I spoke at the HGDC.
    • I mentioned Darkfall2 at HGDC after I talked about all our current activities, and then closing I briefly mentioned what's in the future for Aventurine, long-term plans and thoughts. It was a brief mention, I didn't make an announcement, even though it was presented as such.
    • Our development works in such a way that all assets made today are reusable and upgradable for future generations of Darkfall, so yes we're keeping the future of Darkfall in mind while we work on this version of the game. It doesn't mean that we're working on a new game.
    • Expansion / Relaunch doesn't mean a server wipe but it may give fresh options to new and existing players.
    • I'll repeat that we're not going to wipe the servers in case that's still unclear.

This is as much we can talk about right now, we're not trying to be vague about our future plans. We're still working on putting it all together and we'll let you know as soon as we do through official announcements.
    I apologize for any concern my statements about Darkfall2 and the next expansion may have caused.

Thanks for reading.

Normal User US1 Player

To bad keno, suck it.

1000+ EU1 Player

Thank you for much better communication lately. May it continue

Basta!

just as i thought to much noise for nothing around that DF2.0 hype..

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    -so yes we're keeping the future of Darkfall in mind while we work on this version of the game.

-Expansion / Relaunch doesn't mean a server wipe but it may give fresh options to new and existing players.
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

Thanks for the clarification, Tasos.

*hands a tissue to Zaffa*

Expansion / Relaunch doesn't mean a server wipe but it may give fresh options to new and existing players.
    So we are back where we started. Are you or are you not opening new servers?

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by mr doom View Post
    To bad keno, suck it.
    I am happy.

This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Zaffax View Post
    So we are back where we started. Are you or are you not opening new servers?
    Means most likely new server(s) but we are not saying anything at this point because it is way to early. L2 read.

why would u ever make a darkfall2 at any point in the future? no one does that with games, they just keep adding new content and such for years
    DFUW - Remington Steele
    DF (Retired) - Dorazio Lackioveli

UO Player: January 2001 - April 2012
    DF Player: March 2009 - November 2012
    DFUW Player: December 2012 - Present

Normal User

great update tacos
    Master Gangtadave

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Xipe Totec View Post
    inb4thelock
    You know, they lock these threads because of posts like that.

5000+

Ok, but where's df2010?

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrillegious View Post
    As long as people can get my point across, why would grammar/spelling matter? it doesnt thats why im smart. Im smart cause i dont give a fuck, cause i dont need too. At least here that is.

I am glad htey made this clear for all the people who kept speculating over the server wipe.

1000+

There was no real confusion , just people's fantasy going nuts.