2000+

Default Thinking of Resubbing

My biggest complaint when I left the game was having to run for huge amounts of time to find any PVP. Even when you did run for 30-45 minutes to find some PVP there was a good chance the cities you were targeting could be empty.

But, the complete lack of any sandbox open PVP MMO, combined with the fact that I do not know of any sandbox games in the works has caused me to seriously consider Darkfall again.

Given that, how is the population of NA-1 looking?

Also, how are mob drops? I would need to do quite a bit of farming to get back on my feet and would rather not kill blood knights for 400g a pop.

Thanks for any info!

PvE has changed in the last expansion. Less high end spawns in the open. Better spawns in the dungeons. Thats my experience. If you play in US prime time i don't know how you can't find PVP. Iam from germany and play mostly in US off times and have plenty of nice fights.

And as you already said there is no other game with the Darkfall features that does it better
    Last edited by Niburu; 10-10-2010 at 16:54.
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

na population is alot better than EU. well from what i hear

War does not determine who is right, only who is left
    MY DF 1 MEMORIES

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Archetype90 View Post
    My biggest complaint when I left the game was having to run for huge amounts of time to find any PVP. Even when you did run for 30-45 minutes to find some PVP there was a good chance the cities you were targeting could be empty.

Hey Arche how you doing buddy? I just started playing again recently(trying to) and I can answer a few questions for ya.

First thing first is the population is still suffering pretty badly BUT it does seem to be getting better. Also with the new faster mounts, people seem to be out in the world more traveling a bit more. The new PVE mobs they have added are very impressive to say the least. The game still leaves ALOT to be desired and hopefully DF 2010 can deliver something HUGE, but its at a decent state atm. The overall performance has had a HUGE increase. The game overall is a lot more smooth and crisp now, you still get the load lag, but once your loaded in it seems to be good to go.

The drops are a lot better also.
    Last edited by Keno; 10-10-2010 at 16:57.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Hey Arche how you doing buddy? I just started playing again recently(trying to) and I can answer a few questions for ya.
    Hey Keno,

Glad to see you're still around and doing well. I'm doing good - getting bored with every other game I have been playing and craving some PVP action.

Nemesis or VAMP still around? If not, who are you playing with? Will be interesting to come back to a new political landscape.

Also, thanks for the above replies. Glad to hear that the PVE has been changed and possibly improved.

I don't know about US but there is tonnes of PvP on EU so I would definitely resub if you want that.
    Last edited by Falesh; 10-10-2010 at 17:10.

Normal User US1 Player

HAI ARCHE!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: fix for caps must have caps
    Last edited by KORVOSX666XXXX; 10-10-2010 at 17:15.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by korvosx666xxxx View Post
    hai arche!!!!!!!!!!!
    hai mr. Korvosx666xxxx it is nice to see you!1!1

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post

First thing first is the population is still suffering pretty badly BUT it does seem to be getting better. Also with the new faster mounts, people seem to be out in the world more traveling a bit more. The new PVE mobs they have added are very impressive to say the least. The game still leaves ALOT to be desired and hopefully DF 2010 can deliver something HUGE, but its at a decent state atm. The overall performance has had a HUGE increase. The game overall is a lot more smooth and crisp now, you still get the load lag, but once your loaded in it seems to be good to go.

The drops are a lot better also.

keno get in vamp vent!!!!

same with you arche!

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by KORVOSX666XXXX View Post
    keno get in vamp vent!!!!

same with you arche!
    PM me the info - haven't had it in 8-10 months.

Edit: Going to watch the Texas v. NYG game - back in few hours!

Would love to hear more opinions regarding the state of the game. Although I should say that the current opinions have at least got me re-downloading the game. Huzzah.
    Last edited by Archetype90; 10-10-2010 at 17:44.

Ye resub and attach my forum account!!
    ஜ۩۞۩ஜ

2000+

Damn the New York Giants and any of their fans.

2000+

Resubbed.

Thanks for the encouragement

See you all on the battlefield. Or, more likely, the graveyard.

Normal User

Yeah during prime time it is easy to find PvP. It is more or less consistent with what it has always been.
    www.imgur.com/3N0lK.gif

Go to chaos bank and spam "/taunt_04" and people will come, oh, will they come >_>

usually they just kinda sit around outside and see who the hell/where the hell the person is but its funny as shit. especially if you have friends to do it with you