Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

4000+

direct2drive sucks.

always a different version that u cant download patches for, or doesn't work in multiplayer.

Normal User US1 Player

Good deal imo.

Crag

Crag Hack-Darkfall Barbarian

Get on steam!

fuck steam.

and thanks for the post. needed an alt account, and now I have one for the price of the monthly fee only. sweet.

Steam is crap, especially the community. You don't want to support crap, DON'T YOU?
    Last edited by Jasdemi Krontan; 10-10-2010 at 10:48.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdemi Krontan View Post
    Steam is crap, especially the community. You don't want to support crap, DON'T YOU?

Since when is steam something that has a certain "community". It's a plattform to get and play games. I got several games via steam and didnt write nor read one single word in any board there.

Saying steam community is crap is like saying ebay community is crap or google community is crap, which is all euqally stupid.

If it brings more attention and therfore more fresh blood, then i'm all for df on steam as an additional way to get the game.
    Last edited by DAA KAPUTTMACHA; 10-10-2010 at 10:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke Lamora View Post
    fuck steam.

and thanks for the post. needed an alt account, and now I have one for the price of the monthly fee only. sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasdemi Krontan View Post
    sour grapes

Quote Originally Posted by GRCPan View Post
    sour grapes
    Sadly you have no idea what kind of % steam gets from the games they "sell", unless your game is horrible or in horrible shape you should not sell your games through it

Glitz. Glam. Glitter

I wrote your name in the sky, and the wind blew it away,
    I wrote your name on a piece of paper, and someone threw it away,
    I wrote your name in the sand, and the sea washed it away,
    I wrote your name in my heart, and there it will stay.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Unicorn View Post
    Sadly you have no idea what kind of % steam gets from the games they "sell", unless your game is horrible or in horrible shape you should not sell your games through it
    Its better than not selling at all isn't it, dumbass?

And AV would still get the monthly fee, just not the initial purchase fee (or only a small percent)
    Glad to be an 08'er.

its on EU-1 or US-1 server?

nwm, for euros its 14E, still nice

http://www.direct2drive.eu/9694/prod...nline-Download
    Last edited by Laxe; 10-10-2010 at 13:08.

Normal User

Selling on Steam would likely result in a lot more people deciding to give DF a shot. Since I started using Steam, I've been purchasing 200% to 300% more games than I used to, and a lot of these have been total impulse buys.

That said, is D2D reliable? I'm probably going to be buying two copies of Darkfall once my two week trial runs out (one for myself, and another for a friend) and it would be nice to only end up spending $30 instead of $60.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalo View Post
    That said, is D2D reliable? I'm probably going to be buying two copies of Darkfall once my two week trial runs out (one for myself, and another for a friend) and it would be nice to only end up spending $30 instead of $60.
    Despite QQing above, most folks would agree that D2D is "industry standard" for selling games via digital download.

Normal User

For it to be on steam - dont they have to support the Shift Tab feature where u get like all the steam communitys and friends list and stuff? Maybe thats why its not on there - requires code changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lashiec9 View Post
    For it to be on steam - dont they have to support the Shift Tab feature where u get like all the steam communitys and friends list and stuff? Maybe thats why its not on there - requires code changes.
    no
    Last edited by GRCPan; 10-11-2010 at 19:44.