3000+

Default High Quality LiveStream : Bundesliga

Anybody know where I can get a good quality livestream of Bundelsliga games (HSV in particular)? Doesn't have to be free, I'm more than willing to pay.

Only place I know of is ESPN3, alas my cable/internet provider does not have an agreement with them

Normal User

wrong forum

Banned

i didn't know our soccer is such an export hit.

you can watch them for free via internet TV on ARD or ZDF.

http://www.sportschau.de/
    Last edited by CapedCrusader; 09-18-2010 at 09:48.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
    i didn't know our soccer is such an export hit.

you can watch them for free via internet TV on ARD or ZDF.

http://www.sportschau.de/
    it turns out its a little more comlicated than that. since only premiere is allowed to actually stream bundesligaspiele you either have to buy that or you can alternatively just tune in into chinese TV who apparently are big fans of our bundesliga aswell and stream it on their freeTV.

4000+ EU1 Player

I'll be glad to help you out

Since, as already pointed out, only pay-TV has the streaming rights for Bundesliga, you can't watch it for free on some official site. That's why I use http://livetv.ru/de/ (for mods: watching this is not in any way illegal since it doesn't even host the streams - it's about as legal as youtube)

It doesn't have the best top-notch quality (that depends on the particular stream), but it's usually pretty good and more than sufficient. I use it myself every Saturday.

Btw, CapedCrusader: It's not premiere anymore (they changed their name), they're called "Sky" now. http://www.sky.de

PS: If you want to start watching Bundesliga, DO NOT MISS TOMORROW'S GAMES!! Both St.Pauli vs HSV (both teams are Hamburg based and fucking hate each other with their respective fans beating the crap out of each other at any possible occasion - also, keep in mind that St.Pauli hasn't been in the Bundesliga for quite a long time so this is the first match between the two for a LONG TIME and people are pumped up - add to that that you seem to be HSV-fan, a team which I quite like myself although I favor Leverkusen, and you have your match of the century, literally) and Schalke vs Dortmund (those two are not from the same city, but still from the same area and they, too, have a long rivalry usually ending up with Schalke on top, but considering that Schalke lost every single game this season this derby will prove to be especially interesting as well) will be fucking awesome and I personally have anxiously awaited this match day for quite some time.

And if you are not sure about when the Bundesliga games are: 1 Game is friday 8:30pm German Time (currently GMT+2, when not in Summer Time GMT+1), 5 games are Saturday 3:30pm, 1 game is Saturday 5:30pm, 1 game is Sunday 3:30pm and 1 game is Sunday 5:30pm. That's USUALLY the case, but actually next week will be a so called "English Week" with another match day taking place on the 21st and 22nd of September with 3 games on tuesday (8:30pm) and the other 6 on wednesday (8:30pm). This is to make up for missed match days that had to be rescheduled due to either the DFB-Pokal or national team competitions.
    Last edited by Blixa; 09-18-2010 at 12:11.
    Deflation may be inevitable.
    Money disappears rather quickly once you start burning it for heat.

3000+

Thank you, Blixa. I grew up in Hamburg and will to my dying day be a HSV fan so I have to see this game.

I wish they offered a paid HD quality livestream like they do with the MLS. I'd have no problem dropping $100-$150 for a season.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
    it turns out its a little more comlicated than that. since only premiere is allowed to actually stream bundesligaspiele you either have to buy that or you can alternatively just tune in into chinese TV who apparently are big fans of our bundesliga aswell and stream it on their freeTV.
    Is there a way to purchase the online content separately?

Quote Originally Posted by Rachsucht View Post
    Thank you, Blixa. I grew up in Hamburg and will to my dying day be a HSV fan so I have to see this game.

I wish they offered a paid HD quality livestream like they do with the MLS. I'd have no problem dropping $100-$150 for a season.
    You should be St.Pauli's fan, they got whores, pirates, punkers and homosexual president of the club.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rhasta View Post
    You should be St.Pauli's fan, they got whores, pirates, punkers and homosexual president of the club.
    If you've grown up in Hamburg, you don't switch from HSV to St. Pauli (or vice versa).

4000+ EU1 Player

Actually, I just searched a little harder and it seems there's an easy way to watch Bundesliga for free in high quality (maybe even HD, downloading it right now).

Here's the instructions in German: http://www.chip.de/artikel/Bundeslig..._44216252.html (this site is very trustworthy so you can be sure it works, you don't get annoying viruses and it's legal)

If you have trouble with the German, I can help you with the instructions.

edit: nvm, for me it's not working it seems. Maybe my ISP is blocking those ports or some other program - I don't have the nerves to deal with that...

edit2: fucking great, I just uninstalled the thing and now I read that their program hasn't been working for anyone in the last 24h and it's just a temporary thing...
    Last edited by Blixa; 09-18-2010 at 21:08.

3000+

Awesome, thank you very much, Blixa. My German is pretty good, so I don't think that will be an issue.

4000+ EU1 Player

Have fun and good luck tomorrow and let's hope those damn St.Paulians get their asses handed to them (and that the streaming program works again tomorrow!)

I know quite a few HSV-fans myself and would probably choose it as my #2 favorite team, so good luck tomorrow!
    Last edited by Blixa; 09-18-2010 at 21:50.

4000+ EU1 Player

Oh wow, what a game... I was literally glued to my screen for the last 15 minutes, that was one dramatic battle in the end.

3000+

I was surprised how good St. Pauli was, they must have come a long way in the last 6 years.

Thanks again for the info, it worked quite well. I'd still prefer to have an option to pay $10 and watch the game in full HD, but the quality of the free streams wasn't that bad.