Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what?

Default what?

downloading free trial now,but how in the hell did i miss this game being released? last i heard it was NEVER getting released. how long has it been out now, a fuckin year>!?!?! wtf!

1000+

This isnt MO..

Mandatory DDs
    My Breasts Are Bigger

no, its darkfall online..that MMO that kept getting pushed back and pushed back and ..pushed.....back.

right?

last i heard it was never going to happen (which was around the time of AoC's release .)
    Last edited by Lostsoulz; 09-07-2010 at 19:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoulz View Post
    how long has it been out now, a fuckin year>!?!?! wtf!
    1.5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solonius View Post
    As for an AV communication / Development update, you have my personal permission raise hell if one doesn't come after Friday of this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by zixxor View Post
    AV can be happy that im not near to greece, otherwise i would leave them a BIG SHIT @ the Entrance, every morning. Just to say how fucking shitty they are!

Normal User EU1 Player

bring friends
    http://www.daneslaw.com/sigs/ormur-storolfson-standard.jpg
    DanesLaw are recruiting for Darkfall: Unholy Wars!

Get stuck in lad!

Normal User

Lol dude I get what you mean. Except in my case I hadn't relized there was a free trial. I just gave up on it until someone mentioned it and I saw that there was a free trial.

I am still pretty pissed of that there was limted copies at launch as I stayed away abou 5 or so nights trying before I gave up. If I did manage to get it I would have some vet character right now and not a 7 hit kill from most players on the server lol.
    Last edited by thecool444; 09-08-2010 at 14:09.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinShaman View Post
    if you trade with the chinese you will be banned
    ANN News anchor-Alfar of color.

Missing the first 6 months was just missing a testing phase and an excessive grind.

At this point you can develop your character up to a playable level MUCH faster than at launch. You will occasionally encounter losers that kill newbies, but most players are actually very friendly to newbies.

There's even a clan called NEW that tries to help newbies get on their feet and get their characters developed. Most people don't kill people in NEW.

I agree with the "Bring friends" comment. DF needs more players.
    - Sarphus.

Normal User

Welcome to Darkfall

You will read that a lot at first
    Frosth Norris, Leader of Order of the Pathways
    We're recruiting!

Normal User EU1 Player

Welcome! If you make an Ork/Mahirim and you will buy the game we are the clan for you:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=258588

Offc.. we can support you and your friends better than NEW guild
    - The Horde -

IRC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoulz View Post
    downloading free trial now,but how in the hell did i miss this game being released? last i heard it was NEVER getting released. how long has it been out now, a fuckin year>!?!?! wtf!
    Hehe, that's what you get for listening to the trolls that screamed vaporware despite the fact that WoW had a longer development time than Darkfall

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by decas View Post
    Welcome! If you make an Ork/Mahirim and you will buy the game we are the clan for you:
    I am a potential new DF player.

However I read a lot of "bring friends", "low population" and " I quit" in here.

Side by side with the HIGH prices.

Anyone skilled in making sense of the above? ^^

(read my post in the non-subscribers forum about flexible pricing)

Cheers
    Baktus

Quote Originally Posted by Baktus View Post
    What HIGH prices? Think there's only 1 thing around here high and it ain't the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Baktus View Post
    I am a potential new DF player.

However I read a lot of "bring friends", "low population" and " I quit" in here.

Anyone skilled in making sense of the above? ^^

(read my post in the non-subscribers forum about flexible pricing)

Cheers
    Baktus
    Hey. DF has the potential to be a great game. Best advice is to get a trial account and give it a go. Be aware that you will only see a very limited part of everything DF has to offer, and starting out can be tough. Watch the videos Valroth made on YouTube to help new players - http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...9FEAC5265E7E2F

Now, onto the complaints. AV are assholes for communication, which is where a lot of the rage stems from. If you like DF and continue to play it, you will soon find this out. The ideas they have for the game, and the majority of the things they are promising look awesome, but their timelines suck.

The game hasn't been mass promoted yet, and the consensus is that they are waiting for all the issues to be worked out, and the launch of the "DF2010" expansion before they mass release a boxed version and start proper advertising. Due to this, the delays, the lack of communication, and some recent issues, the playerbase has dropped recently.

Give it a go though and see for yourself. Nothing to lose by trying it out for free. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solonius View Post
    As for an AV communication / Development update, you have my personal permission raise hell if one doesn't come after Friday of this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by zixxor View Post
    AV can be happy that im not near to greece, otherwise i would leave them a BIG SHIT @ the Entrance, every morning. Just to say how fucking shitty they are!

What high prices, the game is 30 bucks now as opposed to 50 that it was.

However I would really advise you NOT to bring your friends yet until DF2010. At least that way they have a chance of sticking around.

And the low population/Iquit posts, are mostly due to company unable to shake their syndrome of delivering shit really really really really behind the schedule. Like right now, it's Sept and we are still waiting for the expansion that was originally promised, and named, as June Expansion. On top of that it's been more than a month since AV said anything at all, so people are just fed up with being treated like shit.

Other than that...well, u r a newbie, I'll let you find out on your own the main reason you will be considering about quitting the game.