Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11202122 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 392
  1. #301
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Semantics mate semantics :P

  2. #302
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Perhaps, but just spreading the gospel according to AV.
    I don't give a fuck what you think...you're wrong and you're an idiot, that's all I need to know.

    EDIT: I pay AV $15.00 a month to get "We'll try to have this next week, after the patch we're working on getting out. We apologize for the postponement."...I think that actually makes me the idiot.

  3. #303

    Default

    Maybe the vision is not possible with this team in place, maybe there are not enough devs to undertake this revolutionary game, or not enough players to make the change worth while (I can assure you tho you will constantly lose more players as time goes on unless you do something drastic). However, whenever that "game!!!" does come out I'll be playing that and nothing else most likely. Still gotta have my BC 2 tho lol.

    Really tho we need to start a thread to see if that vision is even possible in the dev's eyes, or if they do not care to even try for it. I think this game is one of the best I've played (not at the present tho i cant even farm how does a company stay alive when their shit has been broken for weeks). Allow this game to spread wings and fly devs. If the player base really means something to them we should tell them what "we" want, and see what their response is. Because I'm pretty sure much more than the majority of players want this to happen. Problem is getting a response out of them. The Q&A is one of the first responses in how long?

  4. #304

    Default

    the summer expansion and DF2010 content are in work already

    what AV can do is to find some comunity representants to discuss the future development after DF2010

    this would include to show them what allready planed for DF2010 and invite them in the brainstorming and selection phase for the extension after df2010

    but i think devs are aware of the situation

    the PvE expansion is clear aimed to feed the population with content

    and the df2010 expansion is clear aimed to address the charakter diversity everyone the same problem

    There’s life in the old dog yet
    real power cannot be given - it must be taken

  5. #305

    Default

    dam AV u guys are stepping up ur game. Hopefully u somehow bring more players into it so its not so dead

  6. #306
    2000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,531

    Default

    I still think in the basic system of this game still makes sure people want to macro or use other skill methods then just simply playing the game. This disbalance creates sub classes between the ones who did and the ones who didn't.

    If Archery gets a descent spot in this game i will be back and finally can enjoy my choice of gameplay in this game.

  7. #307
    2000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyperion_x91 View Post
    Something I finally disagree with you on.... I believe if the clan decides to take in a member of an enemy race, they should suffer the consequences, being red. It seems to me it is by far the simplest answer without having to create a new system with balancing issues and all. Now if you ally with an opposing race or arac clan it would make you grey/yellow to any true racial clan. This would create 3 different groups; those that are perma-red...-arac; those that can go from red to blue or vice versa, having arac/ enemy race allied, and are still game to the third group; those that are true to their race and have a non arac clan, and no opposing race/ arac clan allied. This would allow true race clans an easier time staying blue IMO. Please post what u think Lord Zeb
    Just branding any clan that even allows ARAC recruitment Red is an easy fix... but would be a bit too harsh, hhy at least Yellow alignment status should be introduced (essentially: free kills, but they suffer Alignment hits if they strike back, showing their true colours as allies to the Evil ones). As described in Poll: Alignment Changes & Race Wars!

    My suggestion above was introducing an idea regarding a compromise that would allow people to add a few old friends despite their faulty Race, on the same premise as having Reds in the alliance at -100 Alignment. But still need to be really nice guys to stay non-yellow.

    This addition is actually a merging of systems essentially streamline the system and make Clan Alignment mean something. Average Clan Alignment actually is quite wrong in ARAC Clans, as Blue Racial Enemy Members actually raise the Alignment score by killing the same race as their clanbothers would get Alignment penalties for.

    So, this is meant to fix, not unbalance. The "balancing between races" was merely a Lore-enhancing addition to it. Which I think woudn't be so bad, for the Roleplayers who wish to play on these Lore-bound tendencies and racial relations described in the Lore. (Not that there is much balance to unbalance at the moment anyway.)

    Quote Originally Posted by OldPlayer View Post
    Perma-red all ARAC clans.

    This was needed from the beginning, and still needs to be implemented.

    Also, partying with a red, or another race not in your racial alliance, should make you red until you leave that party. (And for a while after most likely, an hour or so.)

    Trading with a red or someone of a race not in your racial alliance should make you go red as well.

    (This would hopefully cut down on the people who intentially run around with five reds and one blue mixed into the group to abuse the alignment system.)
    Turning people Red is too harsh, even Rogue is a bit much, why we need the Yellow alignment. Which would grant many other good benefits, as described in my alignment discussion thread I mentioned above. The point is that Yellow will be a mark of current status, not past actions, and can be used for ARAC clans, Red clans, Horse thieves and Trespassers (gathering node thieves) in player Cities/Hamlets, to address many failings in the system.

    Partying with a Red/Darkred character should be handled as per the Clan/Alliance status as well, making the system uniform. It will however be extremely easy to circumvent, as there are few benefits of being in a Party. (Party chat exchanged by Ventrilo, seeing people on map not truly needed, seeing people's health status not needed if you aren't a Healer...)

    Trading with Reds incurring Alignment penalties? That could be an idea, even if I haven't seen this as much of a problem regarding Alignment exploitation though.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldPlayer View Post
    Also, there should be weapons an armor designed around the alignment system.

    A Sword of Justice should do extra damage to anyone of negative alignment ect...

    Things like that.

    Being red should have many negatives.

    The reason why is it is MUCH easier to be red than it is to be blue.

    The positive of being red?

    You can run around and kill all of the newbie blue miners and farmers you want to and get all of that nice easy loot.

    That is the positive of being red.

    Whats the negative?

    There really isnt one. Especially with the way the alignment system is setup at the moment.
    Human Racial Greatsword was supposed to have Holy/Unholy bonus damage tied to Alignment level... anyone managed to make those and checked their effects?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaCat View Post
    First, we all should really stop posting game suggestions in this thread.

    Second, I agree what Lord Zeb is proposing is too much. Simply allowing a red to be weaker to its own race (except those at war with) is my suggestion. It provides consequences, rewards those races that remain blue and is easy to implement without messing up the other 99% of the game. http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=256547
    Too much?

    As in too much work to implement, or as in that it would be unbalancing?

    Punishing Reds by making them weaker is both illogical as well as unfounded in Lore, not to mention that THAT would truly start to shift balances.

    What we want is incitaments to adhere to the Lore, not just punish people who don't exploit the Alignment system's easy re-bound system.

    Because, IF we manage to get the Alignment system working, that would also give people a CHOICE. Get Blue, or be a Outlaw... or move out to the Subcontinents where Alignment means nothing.
    And furthermore: Fix the Alignment & Race Wars, put in Vendors even Newbs can sell stuff from, improve the GUI and put in Momentum in combat (“Headless-chicken” & “Bunnyjumpshooting” people are silly), and a LOT of players will return.

  8. #308
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    870

    Default

    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE AV once this patch is done sort out the performace of this game, I would not be surprised if people have left the game because of the lag.

  9. #309
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Undertaker View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE AV once this patch is done sort out the performace of this game, I would not be surprised if people have left the game because of the lag.
    For some reason won't let me edit, anyone looking for large scale battles should just simply stay clear of this game as itis atm tbh... play in one siege and see for yourself

  10. #310
    2000+ griM''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Undertaker View Post
    For some reason won't let me edit, anyone looking for large scale battles should just simply stay clear of this game as itis atm tbh... play in one siege and see for yourself
    They're working on it.
    thx KAPUTT for face montage
    http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/Bounce_em.swf
    Quote Originally Posted by Adûn_East View Post
    Mindfuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeaph View Post
    VIVA LA DARKFALL

  11. #311
    Normal User wingman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by griM' View Post
    They're working on it.
    yeah give me quad core support and will get like 4x the fps

  12. #312
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Just un-subbed -- I'll re-sub when I see SOME of these features actually implemented. AV give us SOMETHING! PLEASE!

  13. #313

    Default

    Did Tasos Die?

  14. #314

    Default

    There will be proper announcements and spotlight features
    Did Tasos lie ?

  15. #315
    5000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MortalZero View Post
    Did Tasos lie ?
    Tecnically no. He haven't said when...
    We all know that we'll not get a word before september.
    Political and Commercial control through local markets

    The Warrior, the Archer, the Glass Cannon, the Support Healer and the Box for sand.
    Who lives by the word of mouth, dies by the word of mouth
    http://bit.ly/wk7TN6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •