Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
    Normal User Long term follower

The review by MMOHut you mentioned is a perfect example of what Aventurine is doing wrong, with regard to new players.

If you pay close attention to the video you will here the reviewer giving tons of misinformation, things that would be easy for Aventurine to minimize by giving a better introduction to the game.

There are critical pieces of information the new player needs to have, that can be given before unleashing the newbie on the land. Things like newbie weapons wont let them skill up, so they need to get other equipment as fast as possible. Or that the Sea Fort statues are not who owns the town.

Another thing that would be easy to do is mark the nearest newbie critter spawn on the map while newbie protection is on. That guy ran forever in a random direction, and you could tell he was getting frustrated. This is just one more nail in the coffin, as he says 'most players will not want to try Darkfall'. The game is definitely not for everyone, but I think a lot more people would like it if the first hour or two of experience wasn't so daunting.

I definitely do not think Darkfall should be carebeared, but I do think that it is enough of a different experience for new players that the transition into Darkfall could be made a lot better. Telling someone they can't raise their skill using a Leafblade isn't carebear, but it can go a long way to reducing new player frustration.

And putting that information on a popup when a player lands is nice, but it is human nature to want to play now, and those things can get ignored. So for the immediate, critical information, why not put it on their loading screen until newbie protection wears off? A lot of games give hints on loading screens, this will be familiar to most. If they don't read it at that point, sucks to be them.

I hope Aventurine pays close attention to that video and takes note of the things they could do to fix some of those misconceptions, or at least the ones that will cause new players to bypass Darkfall, or cause reviewers to advise against even trying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    Seems the past two weeks were a bit slower. You can always let us know if we forgot something important that you think should be on the list. No personal agendas though
    You forgot:
    "EU1 has been unplayable due to insane amounts of server lag."

you forgot to add the endless topics about server lags

Normal User EU1 Player

I would have to agree. You need to fix the serverlag.
    IGN: Patrick Bateman

"If only i could invent a device that would let you stab people in the face over the internet...."

Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post

.:: Around the web ::.
    • MMOhut reviewed Darkfall's free trial, while the reviewer also created a little video of his first impression of the game, during the process.

question did av even review this video before allowing this guy to do a review its clear that he has not followed this game its clear that he has not played the game for more then a day or two. I have to wounder is this the image that you want? this guy has no idea whats going on he give so much wrong info about the game and how it works.
    Get the latest infodarkfallonline.com/uw/
    If you have account issues, please send an email to noaccount@aventurine.gr - This will create a support ticket directly to help Aventurine track your issue and resolve it.

Latest Videos

Normal User

Doesn't bi-weekly mean twice per week?

Normal User

every two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Rekshop View Post
    every two weeks
    Which means the next one is "due" between the 2nd and the 6th of August.

dont worrie to much we will either get one of three things tomarrow an excuse, and update, or nothing.
    If you have account issues, please send an email to noaccount@aventurine.gr - This will create a support ticket directly to help Aventurine track your issue and resolve it.

Latest Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Windblade View Post
    don't worrie to much we will either get one of three things tomorrow an excuse, and update, or nothing.
    well it sucks to be right.

look i think what errks me the most is they take this long saying their testing the code then a ton of bugs are still in it.

for example several patches ago they said they fixed the sounds engine to work better in game, when in fact it added a ton of loading lagg also known as the when some one loads in the area sounds load causing the lagg of the feet or mount what ever also position from them to you.

or more recent the aoe changes that were perfect cept the lil thing of all the aoe type spells that were not dmg spells or were dot aoes that were not intended to be reduced in dmg. spells include:

Witches brew
    healing chant
    shrapnel blast
    mana Missile
    rend
    Eldritch Sphere
    Needles

there is two others i cant think of there name currently.

there are also other spells in the game that still don't work since beta like
    magic shield it reflects no magic dmg at all.
    frailty: it shows in the system message that the debuff applies and also you see it apply altho it offers no addnl dmg what so ever.
    Mana Drain this spell needs to be balanced to be more in line with stam drain.

any way my rant for today looking forward to the patch I just really hope for the extra time invested in getting this patch ready we see less addnl bugs added to the game that wont get attended to for a long while.
    really hope you add the sounds patch along with the xpack too so we dont have to wait for that as well....

Good luck AV no post this week really places players in an uncomfortable spot.

Latest Videos