Normal User

Default What's different from about 4-6 months ago?

Can you own a house now without being in a clan town and have vendors etc? I've heard that a lot has changed since I last played, is there a link to some patch notes or an explanation on the differences?

I'm waiting for a reply back from support to start playing(can't remember my user name).

There you can find all patch notes: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

On the "house" question I don't understand. Of course you can own a house without being in a clan. And yes, you can also get a vendor.
    Last edited by Umki Bloodsoul; 07-10-2010 at 18:31.

6000+ Long term follower

Housing is useless unless you have a vendor or use it as a means for insta-travel. The only notable thing in the last 4-6 months happened a few weeks ago. Increased armor resists. Adjusted splash damage. Increased HP gains at lower levels. They also added specializations (a few months ago) for melee and archery, but they are pretty much useless because anything they do, a hybrid can still do as good or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post
    but [specializations] are pretty much useless because anything they do, a hybrid can still do as good or better.
    Not true.

@ OP:

The game is a lot more balanced
    Housing is still lack luster
    Game is less grindy
    A lot more things are coming out in a couple weeks that will add even more to the game.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Not true.
    Yes true. Goddammit you're just a fanboy troll.

@OP: There is no reason to pick up any of the specializations that block your magic. Any of the others, that don't block your magic are ok to pick up, but a hybrid can melee just as good if not better than a destroyer, and the same goes with archery. The only difference in capabilities is gear, and hybrids still selfbuff to a point where they're just about on part resistance wise with a heavy armor melee focused toon.

Destroyer only applies to someone with a staff out, they pull out a melee weapon and your specialization has been negated.
    Same with Mage Killer. This is why a hybrid is still the better choice. Got a destroyer closing in on melee range with you? Just pull out your 2her and melee his ass down while still retaining the versatility of every magic spell in the game.
    And the Darwin Awards go to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroskillz View Post
    Also the fact remains that magic is still harder to aim than a bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by oG- View Post
    Mages sould be the only Solo PvPer in agon. (that is viable)...
    you cant have a Mmorpg where the Mage is not the Supreme being,

I totally agree on the specialization part, they are to weak, either there should be a whole bunch and you could pick em all if you wanted which would in return limit you in all sorts of ways or these specializations should be very Powerfull, the way they are divided is strange aswel.

Mage-Killer and Destroyer should be tied to the same, namely Mage-Killer which would increase all damage you do against people wearing a staff, not just melee damage or archery damage by a specific amount.
    Indestructible being the same as Mage-Hunter, and not require you to wear that weapon, it should be a passive gain simply, not while you wear a bow or melee weapon.
    Placed in a Tier One specialization group. A group of Specializations which change quite allot on your playstyle, To these a few others could be added allot more to the group, for example one which prevented you from having Mastery in weapons, effectively canceling those out to get less splash damage reduction on spells.

Jump, Aquatic, Unfazed etc etc should be in a Tier Two, ones which only limit you somewhat, Mana / one or two spells or similar limitations.

And third, mechanic changers.
    Double Jump, Double-tap, and allot others added which would change the way some mechanics work for you specifically, how about Gank working like it did pre change, when the Death timer runs out, you return to life, as if ressed, but without inv shield.

And so on, Either you can have em all, with a sound negative effecti tied to each and everyone, or you can have one in each category but there is just a limited amount of categories, however, then they need to work good, cannot have stuff like the current Mage-Hunter, Mage-Killer,Indestructible AND Destroyer, it's retarded to split it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TradeCartel View Post
    I walk through the desolate NPC towns quite a bit and see obvious places where there's an Inn or an outdoor cafe, but I can't sit at the table with a group of adventurers in a tavern, have an ale, and share stories of my exploits
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSSzpsU_wdA

6000+ Long term follower

Specializations will be useless until they give an advantage over a hybrid in the area of specialization using the same gear. That is not the case.

Destroyer - Melee bonus only works when the enemy has his staff out. When it's not, he does less damage then the hybrid because the hybrid buffed himself and has higher str, melee, and magic resists. Destroyer dies. Destroyers should, also, do 20% more damage regardless of if the staff is out because they don't only give up their magic when their sword is out. Useless trade off is useless.

Indestructible - The resists is only against magic. WTF? It's the same case again, hybrids will out damage the indestructible spec because he will have higher resists. Shouldn't the spec have an added melee resist and magic resist greater than what a hybrid can have? You know, since, they gave up every utility that comes from being a hybrid.

Now, if you want to get higher resist than a mage, you have to give up even more. Yep, that's right, now you do shit archery damage as well. Let's not forget the few spells you can cast either fizzle or do virtually nothing due to encumbrance. I won't even get started on the worthless archery spec, they are the same shit but ranged.

Anyone that says specializations are okay or balanced is either a hybrid or a fucking idiot (Xipher). Maybe both.
    Last edited by Falokis; 07-11-2010 at 01:06.

Anyone that says specializations are okay or balanced is either a hybrid or a fucking idiot (Xipher). Maybe both.
    Destroyer wearing infernal will out damage any mage wearing hybrid armor even with +3 stone skin without the perk being applied. I never said they were balanced, I simply said that a "mage" (which doesn't fucking exist no matter how many time you say it) will not out damage a properly geared destroyer.

BTW OP, if you don't see a server in the person name then they are subbed to the game.
    Last edited by xpiher; 07-11-2010 at 01:25.

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

6000+ Long term follower

Destroyer wearing infernal will out damage any mage wearing hybrid armor even with +3 stone skin without the perk being applied. I never said they were balanced, I simply said that a "mage" (which doesn't fucking exist no matter how many time you say it) will not out damage a properly geared destroyer.

BTW OP, if you don't see a server in the person name then they are subbed to the game.
    If you read my post, I said hybrid.

Properly geared means a 50k+ set to the hybrids 5k set?
    Last edited by Falokis; 07-11-2010 at 01:29.

If you read my post, I said hybrid.

Properly geared means a 50k+ set to the hybrids 5k set?
    You think a hybrid set of armor is only 5k? Its more than that just for 1/3 of the enchantment cost, not to mention the cost for 3-4 pieces of FP+ armor. Hybrid armor sets cost almost as much as non hybrid now.

BTW, Leenspar and Seletine ore prices have been equalized. You know how cheap that makes Leenspar armor?

1000+

Uhhh no dude and here is why:

If you think fizzling is a problem than try enchanting with spell success and encumbrance bonus and use the adapt buff along with unburden.

Compared to someone in bone, you will be a tank in heavy gear.

Indestructible with scale armor puts your resistance to most magic to 25!

You think the hybrid is tougher because of having buffs? Is that what you are thinking? Maybe cuz they can have stoneskin? Arrow ward?

Most people will buff themselves with everything only if they know that they are going to fight and they do not last that long and they will probably not buff while they are fighting.

You do know that you cannot stop casting a buff (long ass casting time too) when you start it right? It could be a life-ending mistake if you try to buff while in the middle of a fight . ..

Archery does less damage, sure, but heavy armor is more meant for melee. There will be 'advanced leather' for archers coming soon.
    Last edited by $id Viciou$; 07-11-2010 at 01:56.

omg its D day already!?

6000+ Long term follower

Proof is in the pudding. DF is still 80%+ hybrids, I wonder why that is if everything is balanced.

Proof is in the pudding. DF is still 80%+ hybrids, I wonder why that is if everything is balanced.
    Probably because there aren't any specializations for people who want to play "pure" mages. And by pure, I don't mean pure. The same way a Destroyer still uses magic.

There also need to be magic specializations for certain schools and stuff. I think when Prestige classes come out we will see a lot more variation.

Normal User

@ comment about servers

This clears up alot of things I've seen on the forum. Thank you.
    My race may be known for it's Barbaric nature, but I am here to show we can also stand for justice.

Hybrid may have the advantage in a 1v1 situation, but no one can argue that in group/large scale engagements a destroyer really shines, especially with hybrids to give him buff others.

There is nothing more frightening in Darkfall than a full infernal/fp destroyer with a keened Justicebringer who has just been buffed with ironskin and melee haste running at you, especially if he can get cross-heals from his mates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    ~Dorn Divin
    SG of Hastati