Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18272829 ... LastLast

here is some facts of what has been said will make it into this xpack as confirmed by claus or tasos or some of the liaisons.......

This expansion is mainly focused on PvE. There are many new monsters being added to the game, new monster types, new spawns, new tactics, special abilities, new behaviors etc.

Dungeons are getting a revamp, and a lot more than originally thought will be getting it for this expansion. This revamp includes new mechanics, new monsters, and new quests tied in with the dungeons and it’s a first step in the massive improvements we have planned as far as dungeons go.

We’re adding new fun resources and features to the game which players can use to play around or create events with. We’re also making an effort to complete political tools for clans and players in time to include in this expansion.

It includes new ship types, an additional feature to ships, and new mounts.

There are new introductory tutorial quests for new players, new quests involving dungeons, and also treasure maps.

This next change dramatically improves the look of the game: The Darkfall terrain and texture system has received a complete overhaul. We’ve been working on this for the past six months and were going to include it in Darkfall 2010, but since it’s done now we decided to add it immediately.

this can be found here http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=251750

Besides the hitpoint progression measure, we have been studying many other aspects of character development in our ongoing effort to address possible imbalances. We should also mention that we have decided to introduce temporary stat potion boosts in our next expansion scheduled for June 2010.
    this can be found here http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=243962

-------------------------
    there is somethings I would like addressed that has not been mentioned or talked about as of yet that would be...

first off magic skills, that were inadvertently broken do to the magic balance to be reverted back or set up the way they are intended to be used.will healing chant be fixed to heal after a mob dmgs the caster? currently it takes life away if the caster was hit just before the spell went off. is there an eta on other broken spells to be fixed like frailty, magic shield,

will mages ever have a negative side to them like melee have? (aka encumbrance that effects spells or archery dmg)?

with out giving any easter eggs away can you give us some feed back on bank changes that were discuses in paragus's rant after the second x pack?will this make it in for this patch?
    Get the latest infodarkfallonline.com/uw/
    If you have account issues, please send an email to noaccount@aventurine.gr - This will create a support ticket directly to help Aventurine track your issue and resolve it.

Latest Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Dawkinson View Post
    You sound like a blinkered ideologue, repeating mantra with no explanation or thought.

Think for a second and you'll realise that this particular message would encourage small scale pvp, rather than the current system where pvp only occurs by chance when capping villages.
    you have the timers and if the village would drop more than 3k at best you would also see more parties fighting for the villages
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

2000+

Can we continue? xD

Well, we really don´t know how this new additions can work until test it. Anyway the flags sounds a lot better than the new "funhulks" in my opinion.

* Fix out of virtual mem, siege perfomances (could still be better for alot of people).
    * Make end game fun stuff more accessible - sieges, boats.
    This should be a priority for AV imo.
    Darkfall Online 2009-2011 - RaDa Torment
    We must remember where we came from Darkfallers!!

EVE Online - ISVRaDa
    Ultima Online Europe shard - Radagast "HIS"
    ..Long ago ran the sun on a folk who had a dream..

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Aodha View Post
    You just go to shit you niburu wannabe.
    For our US players who just gotta know!

"Mors ultima linea rerum est."
    "Death is everything's final limit."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    Atleast i have a running subscription and support AV with moneyz, failtroll mr. maredud
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8

Quote Originally Posted by Xipe Totec View Post
    this guy scare's me tbh. he looks as he would eat children alive
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

so these are the "fun new features that players can create events with"

wish there was a shaking my head in disappointment smiley

Normal User US1 Player

Well... I could see those flags possibly being used in open-field PvP for rally points and stuff, but while the "fun hulks" are cute, I think they're kind of lame and should only be given out at special events, like the "Darkfall lasted another year" event... Here's hoping this was the work of a non-payed intern, because there's a lot of other things that can be worked on before introducing this stuff. Like making 1-handed weapons and shields viable in non-mounted PvP again.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Innerfire View Post
    I think these fun hulks are an awesome idea!

Also, unless you're an economist, you shouldn't post about how to fix the economy.

"The economy sucks, lets add auction houses."
    Shut the fuck up you dumb bitch.

Sincerely yours,
    Dwarf Man
    An economics major
    Funhulks would be acceptable, if they weren't named FUNhulks. (Immersion-breaking, not only being another thing bringing this down from MMORPG level to FPS level, but also another thing breaking down the Lore, as these things are meant for War not for fun. Training Hulk would be far better, for instance.)
    Apart from that, it better this than nothing, even if it is not what is needed.

Also, I AM an economist, and I can post several pages of economical theories explaining why we NEED local auction houses in this game.

Spoiler

Regards

An economist who has not only taken their degree, but might even be your teacher. (Taken any courses in Sweden during the last years, at the University of Gävle, by any chance?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zeb View Post
    Funhulks would be acceptable, if they weren't named FUNhulks. (Immersion-breaking, not only being another thing bringing this down from MMORPG level to FPS level, but also another thing breaking down the Lore, as these things are meant for War not for fun. Training Hulk would be far better, for instance.)
    Apart from that, it better this than nothing, even if it is not what is needed.

Also, I AM an economist, and I can post several pages of economical theories explaining why we NEED local auction houses in this game.

Spoiler

Regards

An economist who has not only taken their degree, but might even be your teacher. (Taken any courses in Sweden during the last years, at the University of Gävle, by any chance?)
    Didn't AV already tell us player run cities are going to have gnome vendors and we will be able to open up shops in NPC citys

If not then why the hell isn't a feature like that in the game?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zeb View Post
    so youre one of those guys that established that stock exchanges are a law of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezul View Post
    What is bad about this fluff is it doesn't fit into the world, kills immersion and is a total nonsense side game that does nothing to advance the game of Darkfall and actually detracts from the game because of how incredibly lame a "fun hulk" is.

There is plenty of "fluff" that can be added to the game that is fine, fits the game world and gives people more "sand" for the sandbox........

then there are stupid ideas like:

-fun hulks
    -sparkling pink pony mounts
    -craft-able cardboard mats for break dancing
    -adding tiny fleas to in-game wildlife that can be seen with a special magnifying glass that drops from chaos chests

that should not be in the game, because they detract from the game and are just plain stupid...whether they take development time or not is irrelevant...they are stupid and make the game less desirable to play.
    Don't forget things like:
    - house deeds randomly drop-able from chaos chests spawning in the middle of nowhere.
    - slot machines ! YAY !
    - Magic Sea Towers so at last we can have an immersive REASON to actually build ships.

Oh wait we already have had those...

Normal User Long term follower

My first impression when I sa the screenshot of the mini Hulk was that it looked like a dog dragging his butt on the carpet :P

Anyhow, looking forward to the expansion, keep up the good work AV!

Quote Originally Posted by Ander View Post
    My first impression when I sa the screenshot of the mini Hulk was that it looked like a dog dragging his butt on the carpet :P

Personally, i call them "dragon hamsters".

@ the haters:
    dont worry, tomorrow the next spotlight comes. So you can forgot about the "fun hulks"...

...and start raging about the "fun dragon" that is craftable and for fun events. It doesnt do any dmg, has no loot and can only be damaged by "fun arrows" while farting pink clouds and making funny sounds! Hurray!

PS: I like my dragon hamsters.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Xipe Totec View Post
    so youre one of those guys that established that stock exchanges are a law of nature.
    There you go, one of the reasons why I don't push the fact that I am an Economist and know more than everyone else that isn't about this into everyone's face. Our Science is not as respected as some other areas... especially as it is not one of "hard" facts, such as engineering. It is about Social forces, that influences, which do vary and are hard to predict in detail.

And it is not a law of nature, it is a law of the human society. Stock exchanges are ruled by "mob minds" as well as economic facts, hard to predict and prone to be affected by psychological factors, but still are understandable to those who study it.

Still, I stand by my statements: The grade of differentiation between production capacity is to small to overbridge the cost in time to make minor trade deals, making the DFO economy recline into 3 areas: Self-sufficiency in person; Self-sufficiency in Clans; and Merchants only doing major Trade deals in Bulk, as smaller business hardly pays for the effort. (One earn more by bashing Gobbos for 100 Gold/hour than peddling R00 swords, why no one care to sell them.)

There are also many other factors, such as incompleteness of information that put up barriers to trade (Marketing theories can be used to describe these), as well as the insecurity of the DFO world (no safe areas) that makes people not to create markets on their own (having several people standing in a market loaded with loot, selling stuff, is just an invitation to robbers declaring War on them... or just go in in a group and kill them anyway, with some Blues Buffing and Healing the jewelry-protected Rogues).

Despite the feeble abilities of the Gnome Vendors, that is the best way to get rich by trade nowadays, so anyone that want to be a Crafter: Get a House & a Gnome Trader (will only cost about half a million, and then 720 Gold per day) or several Gnome Traders! It's the way to easily sell stuff to people that don't trade in Bulk - The only consumer friendly function in the game that targets Player to Player trade.

AV has said that they will implement some Market Vendor system, where people can get "Trader Points" to qualify for being able to rent Vendor space in Cities... but we have yet to see the specifics on that. Will it only be limited to NPC cities, or will Player cities be able to set them up? Will they maybe even be placed in Hamlets? How limited will they be in storage space? How do one transfer the inventory & Gold between Vendor & Bank? What kind of information system regarding the Vendors' inventory will one have? (Search functions, ability to see items in other cities, ability to know if certain kinds of items are in other cities/Village gnome vendors, marketing/commercial possibilities, and so on...)

And this still does not solve the problems for the smaller traders and the Newbies, who wish to sell off some Gathered/Skinned materials for some quick Gold, or who haven't accumulated enough "Trader Points" to get a Vendor to sell off their low-ranked items they are skilling up on.

So... There is a lot of need in the economics system right now, and AV could do well to hire an Economist to check out their system, like EVE did. OR just listen to me, for free.