Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 817181928 ... LastLast

How fast do Funhulks move compared to mounts?

Vroom Vroom.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie
    and with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by deadite View Post
    There must also be a bug in forumfall because a lot of people are losing their shit here too.

Nice fluff, its always good to add some
    even if there are major changes that should be done, i dont see the reason to bitch if AV adds new "useless" stuff just for the lulz and sandboxyness

Normal User

It's always fun to see the creative ways people can use the most innocuous items to exploit. Shouldn't be long before we get the first reports of theyril golems trapped by a little circle of flags or fire dragons unable to break agro off a fun hulk but refusing to actualy attack it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaffax View Post
    So let me ask you, who is going to spend the money to make em other than to see what they do?
    stop crying you don't even play

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglez View Post
    stop crying you don't even play
    no, but the hundreds of other players complaining do :/

5000+

I'm glad they are adding more sandbox elements to the game... however i think it's pretty brave to open the expansion' spotlights with this.......
    Political and Commercial control through local markets

The Warrior, the Archer, the Glass Cannon, the Support Healer and the Box for sand.
    Who lives by the word of mouth, dies by the word of mouth
    http://bit.ly/wk7TN6

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxer View Post
    Fluff that fits in with the world is good. Fluff that is gay ass immersion breaking shite is not good.

I want taming fluff (actually having to go and find creatures to tame), fishing fluff (small fishing game ala SWG), housing fluff (craftable furniture, decorations), useful fluff (armor dye, cloaks, emblems), racial fluff (bonuses for non ARAC clans), gory sick fluff (skinning players, head tropheys), quest fluff (bounty missions)...I really could go on all day about fluff.

Bumper cars and flags …even the name “fun hulk” is gay. Devs are out of touch.
    This x1000....

I dont want this game to turn like wow with shit fluff like helicopter mounts or motorbikes... please AV listen to this and start doing the right thing for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxer
    Fluff that fits in with the world is good. Fluff that is gay ass immersion breaking shite is not good.

I want taming fluff (actually having to go and find creatures to tame), fishing fluff (small fishing game ala SWG), housing fluff (craftable furniture, decorations), useful fluff (armor dye, cloaks, emblems), racial fluff (bonuses for non ARAC clans), gory sick fluff (skinning players, head tropheys), quest fluff (bounty missions)...I really could go on all day about fluff.
    I dont see how half this list is fluff, but yea some of it is needed over this.

However, why bitch about this being added. Its obvious the devs have heard about DHWs capture the flag game using BHorns and wanted to make it easier for everyone one to do. Features like this are good, it allows for people to set up all kinds of mini-games easily.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

Normal User

Uhm, weird.. but... cool I guess,

thing is they can't damage anything but other funhulks? And flags are cool, should be able to be set with cordinates though, so you don't have to be there, or atleast waypoints.

There should be cheaper/shittier warhulks, not.. little bumpercar 1 person funhulks......

and really? funhulk? I seriously think we can come up with a better name then that. So much for world lore or w/e.

"As the battle began, a large roar became increasingly obvious - it was [insert zergclan here] showing their strength in numbers as they rode down the hill to the battle in their FUNHULKS"

ARE YOU HIGH
    lol

but yeah cool anyways, just.. idk..
    ~ CATSWEATER BOY ~ BeanBro ~ Beaner ~

// YouTube //
    ~ IZKAND P.D. ~ Polkena Kyy's Biaprefer Biatch.* ~

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOreo View Post
    This is spot on.

This is great.

Overall, I feel like this is a lot like slot machines. However, there is potential for this to actually create content that involved meaningful player interaction (player v. player) unlike slot machines, which are just all around junk.

Imagine if this update looked like this:

I wonder if we'd have any Q_Q.

Your community is not impressed.

Your powers of misunderstanding your community are surging.
    For the love of god AV, please read this mans post how ever many times it takes to get this through your heads.

Here is a concept for AV, before working on new sandbox features, float the idea with the community and get feedback.

Example:

AV: Flag system to place dynamic flags in-game

Community: Good idea, we can see many non-immersion breaking uses for something like this and it will improve this game.

AV: Fun Hulks (god I can't even type that without cringing) that you can drive around with and play bumper cars with your friends.

Community: For the love of all that is not retarded in this world DO NOT EVERY DO SOMETHING THIS STUPID! Also please take whoever came up with what is probably the worst idea in all of MMO gaming history and do not allow them to ever....ever provide input on Darkfall ever again.....ever.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Jenicus View Post
    To perhaps illustrate a few potential uses of the Fun Hulk, here's a few quick ideas:

1) Chariot Racing: Same as Gladatorial games where you have waypoints each racer must hit and whoever gets to the end wins.

2) Death Match: A BALANCED PvP brawl where people use their Fun Hulk to destroy others until only one is left standing, rules standing: Once Fun Hulk is destroyed you're out.

There's a lot of variations to both racing and PVP that can be done, and both can even be combined:

3) Gladiator Rings: We already have a few of these locations perfect for Gladiator Rings/Thunderdomes, if you leave a Fun Hulk or two in the pit, it adds an extra dynamic to the battle.

4) Mobile ranged barricade, this has actual potential to be used in siege situations, similar to arrow guards, provided they are cost effective you can roll these in to provide temporary cover from ranged attacks while moving on a battlefield.

5) Distraction: Even though the Fun Hulks ONLY damage other Fun Hulks, the fireball/explosion sound, unless very different from other cannons, can be used if placed strategically to distract an enemy force into believing there is a more credible threat, such as a cannon or warhulk.
    Well I guess this would be fun, and why the hell not.

I still think you should ditch 'funhulk' and get like.. something cooler for a name..

-Dragonmouth
    -Fireshot
    -Unihulk
    -ZOMGWTFAHULK
    -icanhaznewnamehulk

idk, just some ideas

But yes, +1 for new content
    ~ CATSWEATER BOY ~ BeanBro ~ Beaner ~

// YouTube //
    ~ IZKAND P.D. ~ Polkena Kyy's Biaprefer Biatch.* ~

Wow all you guys complaining dont deserve to have a funhulk imo

In all seriousness, this is 1 small thing in the upcoming expansion, quit crying like it's the only thing that devs are working on. It probably took little time to code, and implement.

Also, i hope they're atleast as fast as sprinting, if not a bit faster. It's also too bad they dont do siege hammer amount of damage to buildings/etc.

Lastly, Worst Name Ever!

Whats the point in new Warhulks when they handle like a shopping cart without its wheels.

i feel like this is a feature you save for when the game is perfect...but w/e cool i guess

Normal User

I havnt read all of the post but the first 2 pages is filled with nothing but Blah blah blah waste of time blah blah change magic back blah blah.

This isnt the entire expansion. Learn to realize things before you say them and note that this probably didn't take a lot of your supposed precious time to make.

These 2 features open up a lot, well for me atleast. Inner city CTF battles and what have you. This is gonna be fun I can't wait to see what the REST of the features are.

"Mors ultima linea rerum est."
    "Death is everything's final limit."