Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10111221 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    Uh, they went into pretty heavy detail on their plans in their interviews. But if you want the devs to sit down and go through every little community suggestion need or want and lay out a 6 month roadmap on what exactly they plan to do, then I'm sure they'd love to spend their development time doing that, while they do, you can yell at them to get back to work. The real world does not work that way. They only announce features like that when they've got it nailed down almost entirely as to what they're doing. And I'll ignore your outdated internet meme insult.
    No we don't want every detail of their development. But we sure as hell don't want to know about these fun-hulks. Putting this in the spotlight only shows us that they consider THIS addition to be a big part of the expansion, and I hope to GOD that it isn't. Sandbox fluff is great, but this is just useless. I'll have to agree with Zaffax in this one-----most people will probably use the fun-hulks once or twice and then continue to macro or grind.

I'm usually behind AV in their decisions, but this is pure garbage.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by rrael View Post
    To those sticking up for AV no matter what they do:

I realize this isn't the ONLY thing coming in the expansion. Thats not the issue. Its just another example of poor prioritization in their development. There are plenty of other things that should come before nonsense like Fun Hulks.

The idea of a weapon that can only be used to attack others of the same kind = immersion breaking silliness. At the very least there are a dozen other things that could be done before adding things like this that do very little to improve on the game.

Players who truely love sandbox environments don't like to see things like Fun Hulks that can only be used in such a very specific way. Please AV, describe to me why this canon ignores all laws of physics and will only damage Fun Hulks. It just seems out of place, and far, far lower on the list of fluff that could more positively contribute to the gaming environment.
    1) Nobody said that Fun Hulks are being prioritized over everything else, as has been true with all Spotlights, they can only show us what the devs are ready for us to see, so obviously Fun Hulks are a feature done and ready to ship, and they are saving the bulk of the updates for other spotlights. Just because they spotlight it first does NOT mean it's #1 on their priority list.

2) Until you see the potential in-game, the cost of the Fun Hulks, and the exact nature in how flags are working, there's no real basis to say that they are a limited or useless feature, as already stated, it's up to the playerbase to come up with interesting ways to use these to make events.
    Graphical Updates do not tie up job resources that could be spent on gameplay improvements. Artists are not Programmers!
    ~Jenicus Estevia~

Maximize your profit in the first 24 hours of Darkfall!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaffax View Post
    So, let me ask how AV plans to not create a serious inbalance through this. Either the warhulk is dirt cheap (in which case it can replace mortors), or it is fairly expensive (in which case nobody will ever burn the resources to make them just to see em destroyed in an event).
    You should read the post again it says clearly it can only damage other fun hulks. In your haste to post constantly to claim the title of most posts in the world you fail to read.

I don't know if I should be excited or upset. Well, I'm upset that the spotlight was on this and not something more "meaty" and game changing, but the actual "fun hulks" (what a gay fucking name) and use flags might be some cool features.

Question though, are the fun hulks going to be able to shoot turtle shells and will mushrooms be introduced to give you a boost of speed? Just curious.

Normal User US1 Player

If you can't understand where people like me and Zaffax are coming from, why this annoys us, you obviously don't understand how broken aspects of the game are.

We want fluff. See anyone complain about the flags? No. Because its a simple concept with a million uses. Probably took all of a couple hours to put in game. Not a bad use of resources.

But Fun Hulks?!?

Bleh.

IRC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kizzay View Post
    No we don't want every detail of their development. But we sure as hell don't want to know about these fun-hulks. Putting this in the spotlight only shows us that they consider THIS addition to be a big part of the expansion, and I hope to GOD that it isn't. Sandbox fluff is great, but this is just useless. I'll have to agree with Zaffax in this one-----most people will probably use the fun-hulks once or twice and then continue to macro or grind.

I'm usually behind AV in their decisions, but this is pure garbage.
    Your logic is flawed. Not everything that shows up in the spotlight is a "big thing". Remember all those armor previews? Remember the revamped animations for earth spells? The spotlight can just as often be for little tidbits as it can be for something huge. If you can't tell which one this is, then I fear for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rrael View Post
    If you can't understand where people like me and Zaffax are coming from, why this annoys us, you obviously don't understand how broken aspects of the game are.

We want fluff. See anyone complain about the flags? No. Because its a simple concept with a million uses. Probably took all of a couple hours to put in game. Not a bad use of resources.

But Fun Hulks?!?

Bleh.
    How long do you think it took to model the fun hulks? Then code them? Probably less time than the flags. They're just warhulks.
    Last edited by Signus; 07-07-2010 at 16:41.

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Banned

Please, speak for yourself. Not the rest of us. With one hand you scream you want immersion, with the other you denounce environmental sounds. Ah I remember why I just stopped coming to these glorious forums.
    No I've been pretty much screaming for a functioning alignment system since people had killed a harvester with 99 more alignment to spare. Amazing how far we've come since feb 26th.. 2009!

Normal User

Here's my appreciation post for Aventurine. I, as Founder and current Supreme General of NEW, thank you for this. We will, for sure, use those new features a lot.

Something new is always good and knowing that there are other things coming is even better.

Thanks and keep up the good work (and remember to remove permanent rubble from walls!).

Regards,
    Torinar.

Normal User

You should not be able to post in Spotlight if you don't have an active sub, is this already in place?

There is so much complaining about nothing.
    Master Gangtadave

Normal User EU1 Player

Please, speak for yourself. Not the rest of us. With one hand you scream you want immersion, with the other you denounce environmental sounds. Ah I remember why I just stopped coming to these glorious forums.
    Then please stop coming back. Your fanboy mentality is blatently obvious.

People want this game to work. They want immersion... what they get instead are promises of a game that is non-existant. Fun hulks? Come on. How about simple fluff additions like have been mentioned already?

This entire thread is laughable!
    Sinjin Hagg

Uh, they went into pretty heavy detail on their plans in their interviews.
    Mind pointing to an interview not 4+ years old where AV actually went in depth about changes they intended to make. Nearly every interview AV has conducted since launch has stated very little and at most skimmed the surface of issues with statements like "we plan to improve pve", "balancing is a priority of ours", "we are adding more features on a regular basis".

So again I ask, show me an interview where AV actually went in depth about their plans for the game that was made since launch besides Paragus' original Q/A (Where AV gave vaque answers anyways).

www.DarkfallCE.webs.com
    The Champion of Regional Banking
    Quote Originally Posted by rbeck View Post
    Clap clap, Zaffax for president. The DF:UW that Zaffax is talking about is the one that I want to play.

9000+

I don't really see why people are complaining. It's a good thing, its more sand in the box. Yea it is not an announcement about guild tabards or armor dyes, but it is really only the first announcement. However, hopefully with these new hulks comes changes to the original ones, because they need it badly. More protection, cheaper costs, tweaking of their movements. If not, I will be a bit dissapointed yes.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

Get prepared for some pretty lol youtube videos.
    Barden Jusik - Retired
    Barden Chi - UW

Quote Originally Posted by -morph- View Post
    Spectacular AV!

Can we get silly walks and fake moustaches in-game, in-time for the upcoming expansion too?
    Indeed silly walks would have been epic but insteed we got "fun" hulks.
    Is Tasos wearing a fake moustache when he comes up with such "wonderfull ideas", whats everyone thinking about that ?

Also, went back and checked most of the really bad whine posts. All from people NOT playing the game. Guess they'll never be happy anyway. Or maybe they just decided today was a good day to troll.
    Yes, totally. Some of those people not playing the game are: sg of the largest alliance on eu, leader of the largest clan on eu and leader of the most elite clan on eu. Total non factors, fact.