1000+

Default Returning player; few questions.

I haven't played DF since release but after watching Valroth's videos on Youtube, I have decided to play DF once more. I have a few questions before I get started:

I'm currently residing in Okinawa, Japan; what do you guys believe would be a better choice to play on due to the latency issues I may have? The EU server? the NA server?

I know with other MMOs latency isn't really an issue, but Darkfall is different. How big of a factor is latency in this game compared to bandwidth?

Thanks.
    ,|,,

uhh i dont know, sorry dude
    but df is a good choice, probably the best sandbox kinda mmo at this time
    hf

Normal User EU1 Player

Hello mate, welcome back.

I think you would be better off on the US server. There is a way you can go into the game files and test ping both servers but i can't remember how.

Your ping will be worse than people closer to the server (obviously), and it certainly doesn't help - but there are many players from Australasia who compete just fine in pvp with a higher ping, so i don't think its really that much of an issue.

Hope that helped.

Normal User EU1 Player

Create trial on both servers and play for a few days

Normal User

I know a guy who lives in japan and plays on Na1 server. He does pretty good.

Normal User

NA1, I heard the DF server based in CA USA. So from Japan across the Pacific that NA1 should be the best bet.

Normal User

yep NA1 for best ping imo

We have some Japanese players in our alliance. They kick my butt regularly, so ping doesn't seem to be a huge issue.

EDIT: Therefore NA-1 is the winner.
    Last edited by paxprobellum; 07-06-2010 at 18:27.

Yeah go for NA1, since US server is on the west coast. If it was on East coast, EU would probably be a better option, but lucky you

WB, I should be rejoining soon as well...well, as soon as they tweak the grind a just a bit more (tho i"m really happy about magic splash dmg and HP changes)

Quote Originally Posted by Sicpric View Post
    I haven't played DF since release but after watching Valroth's videos on Youtube, I have decided to play DF once more. I have a few questions before I get started:

I'm currently residing in Okinawa, Japan; what do you guys believe would be a better choice to play on due to the latency issues I may have? The EU server? the NA server?

I know with other MMOs latency isn't really an issue, but Darkfall is different. How big of a factor is latency in this game compared to bandwidth?

Thanks.
    I can't really answer the ping question, but there are an awful lot of asians on NA server it seems, that could mean something.
    Latros iiL - Returned to DF for the..12th.. yeah, 12th time! Now caught up with the vets thanks to Meditation!

Yup there are some Japanese clans on NA server. They have excellent internet over there so their ping is not that bad.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    They have excellent internet over there so their ping is not that bad.
    I've yet to see this "excellent internet" anywhere near here. :P
    ,|,,