Thread: Thessaloniki

Default Thessaloniki

Hey guys,

I am in Thessaloniki for the next few days, just wondering what kind of things I can find in the area that I should check out for bars or food.

Thanks!
    Ronarc Bracklaw (Blood Ballads) - UW
    Ronarc Bracklaw (NME) - NA1

Normal User

U can visit for night life Leoforos Nikis there are many night bars there:Try coralaki.Also inside the port u will find some quality bars also.Next stop would be ladadika.Near Tsimiski and Salaminos street-u should ask there for further directions.For noon coffee u can try aristotelous and Leoforos Nikis there is a nice cafe there Ernerst.Else u can try a lot of small cafe's In Kamara Area.Restaurants many between aristotelous tsimiski streets.Market tsimiski street.Sites u can visit White tower,Ancient Roman Market,Rotonta,Kamara...If u have time money and transportation try also Xalkidiki area and Sacred Mount(Agio oros).Thats some u can ask for more from ppl in streets most of them are very helpful .Hope u have nice time here.Take care.

I went to the harbor area last night and went to some pretty small bars, but we ordered: a vodka lemonade, a Fischer's and a regular lemonade and the total came to like 17.50... that seems a bit expensive.

Is it always like that or did we just get ripped off? lol

Also, do you guys normally tip here when buying drinks, etc? We weren't sure so we left a small tip last night...

Normal User

Usually prices downtown are
    beer 4-6euros
    simple drinks 6-8 euros
    coctails 8-10 (sometimes more)

so your bill was ok in Greek terms. Yes they are ripping us off ofc, just like you!
    For better prices try Valaoritou/Sigrou str. (a small vertical road connecting with Egnatia str. towards the west side of Thessaloniki's centre), though you should mainly buy beers there. You can easily go there if you follow Ermou str. to the west. For coffee Kamara and Nauarinou are the best places in terms of prices and crowd. For quality try Aristotelous and Iktinou. Tip if you think you should. It isn't a standar thing. (I work as a barman, i know... :P)

Have fun mate
    Remember remember the 5th of November the gunpowder treason and plot, i know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot...

Absolutely amazing guys.

We went to a bar called Kismet and then over to Valaoritou street to almost all the bars there. We talked to the guy from "here come the munchies now" for a bit since he spoke really good English.

I think I've decided to eventually move here based on my conversation with him, lol.

Me: "What time do you close?"

Him: "5, 6? at the earliest 5am"

Me: "What time do these bars around here close?"

Him: "5, 6, 7? They don't really have a time."

It's now 4:40 am and the normal bars (NOT JUST CLUBS) are still going strong on a Thursday night. The night life here seems to be absolutely AMAZING.

Also, I'm not sure if it's because I've been in the UK for 3 years, but the women here in Greece are absolutely GORGEOUS.

Best trip I've taken hands down.

Normal User

Welcome to Greece mate!
    Have a nice stay!
    Yeah,we have a little problem with the prices but don't worry about,as you will not stay here for ever :P Think about us :P
    And ofc our women are GORGEOUS but they are the best wh0r3s
    Don't spend money for our women...only for our pro wh0r3s

Have fun mate
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?u=385114&type=sigpic&dateline=  1319447788

Quote Originally Posted by foggen View Post
    agon have not missed you, lets just put it that way.

Had a great time in Greece, but am now sadly at London Gatwick waiting for my connection back to Edinburgh

I am def going to have to visit Greece again in the future, and now I know where to get some info before I go :-P

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by RonarcBracklaw View Post
    Absolutely amazing guys.

We went to a bar called Kismet and then over to Valaoritou street to almost all the bars there. We talked to the guy from "here come the munchies now" for a bit since he spoke really good English.

I think I've decided to eventually move here based on my conversation with him, lol.

Me: "What time do you close?"

Him: "5, 6? at the earliest 5am"

Me: "What time do these bars around here close?"

Him: "5, 6, 7? They don't really have a time."

It's now 4:40 am and the normal bars (NOT JUST CLUBS) are still going strong on a Thursday night. The night life here seems to be absolutely AMAZING.

Also, I'm not sure if it's because I've been in the UK for 3 years, but the women here in Greece are absolutely GORGEOUS.

Best trip I've taken hands down.
    no wonder we have a deficit
    Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent

Quote Originally Posted by amah View Post
    no wonder we have a deficit
    Heh, didn't seem like anyone was too worried about being broke man.

They were spending LOADS of money.