Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51
  1. #16
    1000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daggermaniac View Post
    Because back in Beta, people could jumpcast mana missiles with a dawn staff, so a "veteran" could get kited in his epic armor, by a naked. It's not the same game it was long ago of course. (I never played back then)
    More like the gap was very small back then .

    Also I laughed at the "2 major expansions and 30 content patches".

  2. #17
    15,000+ Niburu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thereishope View Post
    WILL THERE BE MORE HOUSE SPOTS/VILLAGES??

    This question never seems to get asked/answered, been sittin on a large villa deed.
    they set several times that the actual village system is the basic system and this is the basement for a much better and larger system so i think yes we will see new spots
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DALYDHXRAWR View Post
    Cool, any ETA on the post?
    Indeed. This would be great to know.

    www.DarkfallCE.webs.com
    The Champion of Regional Banking
    Quote Originally Posted by rbeck View Post
    Clap clap, Zaffax for president. The DF:UW that Zaffax is talking about is the one that I want to play.

  4. #19

    Default

    I like how honest Tasos seemed to be during this interview, and not trying too hard to advertise the game.

  5. #20
    4000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    4,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nisco17 View Post
    I like how honest Tasos seemed to be during this interview, and not trying too hard to advertise the game.
    we should be worried by this!

    He's now comfortable, it's all down hill from here!

  6. #21
    8000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Florida, U.S.
    Posts
    8,358

    Default

    There exists a perception about the game that is very flawed and probably has to do more with some forum experiences rather than actual in-game experiences.

    That was one of the best parts of the interview. I thought it was funny because there is a lot of trolling on here, and people will tell you in game (as I tell newer players), that there's darkfall, and then there's forumfall. They are two different games.


  7. #22
    1000+
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suncross View Post
    There exists a perception about the game that is very flawed and probably has to do more with some forum experiences rather than actual in-game experiences.

    That was one of the best parts of the interview. I thought it was funny because there is a lot of trolling on here, and people will tell you in game (as I tell newer players), that there's darkfall, and then there's forumfall. They are two different games.
    YES...
    Besides the fact, that forumfall isn't a game ( at least for me ), but more hard work.

  8. #23
    1000+ Paragus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DALYDHXRAWR View Post
    cool, rather have the Q/A from the other guy though
    I think that other guys will be the best of them all!

  9. #24
    9000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paragus View Post
    I think that other guys will be the best of them all!
    No doubt playa

    Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

  10. #25
    5000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paragus View Post
    I think that other guys will be the best of them all!
    i dispute that statement.
    who is that dude anyway, makign pretty words on e-paper


    that said, this interview didn't bring anything new to the table, and we are a few days from Juli (supposed next X-pac, which we all know will be delayed) and no information on it's contents in any manner or way.

    (first person that says "they dont know yet" is getting my boot so far up their ass even the shit can eat their shit. even if the details arn't nailed down, they know.)
    Shiva Firewing - Playing on both EU and NA.
    NA: Shiva Firewing /EU: Shiva Firewing
    Shiva Trade Hub
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n..._6795385_o.jpg(04/02/2011)

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Temko Firewing View Post
    i dispute that statement.
    who is that dude anyway, makign pretty words on e-paper


    that said, this interview didn't bring anything new to the table, and we are a few days from Juli (supposed next X-pac, which we all know will be delayed) and no information on it's contents in any manner or way.

    (first person that says "they dont know yet" is getting my boot so far up their ass even the shit can eat their shit. even if the details arn't nailed down, they know.)
    AV has already confirmed that the June expansion has been moved to July and that it will focus primarily on PvE revamps.

    www.DarkfallCE.webs.com
    The Champion of Regional Banking
    Quote Originally Posted by rbeck View Post
    Clap clap, Zaffax for president. The DF:UW that Zaffax is talking about is the one that I want to play.

  12. #27
    2000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aikar Walmoor View Post
    Oh so darkfall now is an MMOG not an MMORPG... nice to know how devs change concepts because of playerbase in such a ninja way insead of coming here and say ok you Rp'ers fuck yourselves you became 10% of playerbase so we dont give a fuck about you anymore altho weve been defending the RP aspect of darkfall from early development we now have to drop our pants to the FPS alfar kids that populate the servers and give them insta-pvp with no more sense than what caveman did in the past, see something moving go smash their brain to see whats inside. GG AV.
    Any situation where you take on the role of something you're not is role playing. You play a role in every game whether you acknowledge it or not. In monopoly you play the role of a real estate developer.

    The kind of roleplaying you're referring to is simply make pretend. Play the game and enjoy it for what it is. You're free to make pretend if you like but ignore the realities of the game at your own peril.

    For reference, our average player age is 27.
    Wow. The average age of forumfall regulars is probably more like 20. BUNCH OF PUNK KIDS I TELL YOU

  13. #28
    7000+ Kasmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaffax View Post
    AV has already confirmed that the June expansion has been moved to July and that it will focus primarily on PvE revamps.
    Can you direct me to where this was stated? Because I'm a fucking forum whore and I haven't seen that.

    Also, I really respected this quote in that Q&A:

    Some of the game’s most vocal critics have multiple accounts on both servers and have been playing Darkfall since day one. There’s a lot of passion surrounding this game, and this is very much true with the fans of the game. It’s almost as if they don’t accept that we created Darkfall and that we know what we’re doing, but that it’s their game and they’ve entrusted it to us. And you know what, they’re actually right. It is their game and we take our responsibilities towards them very seriously because without them, there is no game.
    *tear* I love you too Tasos.

  14. #29
    3000+
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aikar Walmoor View Post
    Oh so darkfall now is an MMOG not an MMORPG... nice to know how devs change concepts because of playerbase in such a ninja way insead of coming here and say ok you Rp'ers fuck yourselves you became 10% of playerbase so we dont give a fuck about you anymore altho weve been defending the RP aspect of darkfall from early development we now have to drop our pants to the FPS alfar kids that populate the servers and give them insta-pvp with no more sense than what caveman did in the past, see something moving go smash their brain to see whats inside. GG AV.
    Wow, love how people read so much into such a small thing and blow it way out of proportion to make it something that it is not .


    Quote Originally Posted by Kasmos View Post
    Can you direct me to where this was stated? Because I'm a fucking forum whore and I haven't seen that.
    I forget exactly where this was mentioned but I remember seeing it as well, I think it may have been in that Italian mmorpg site interview.

    -Andrew
    Kimoshu Grakenshalmn

    Middleman Rep

  15. #30
    1000+
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valroth View Post
    Any situation where you take on the role of something you're not is role playing. You play a role in every game whether you acknowledge it or not. In monopoly you play the role of a real estate developer.

    The kind of roleplaying you're referring to is simply make pretend. Play the game and enjoy it for what it is. You're free to make pretend if you like but ignore the realities of the game at your own peril.



    Wow. The average age of forumfall regulars is probably more like 20. BUNCH OF PUNK KIDS I TELL YOU
    Seems like 80% of the players who come into our vent along with the few of us are all around 30 and about 60% of the DFO pop work in IT . ... lol

    About 10% are negligent parents/spouses!

    Less than 1% are under 18 . ... I am saying this because I have only come across 5 people under 18 in vent since I have been playing.

    Average age being 27 seems about right to me but there is a pretty big gap between the pothead in his 20s and the irresponsible father (mother?) in his/her 30s.



    omg its D day already!?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •