Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Usa

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    Uh, you haven't won anything. I doubt you'll even reach the quarter finals.
    We'll see brah

2000+

Yes we have. We won group C.

Normal User US1 Player

USA has beaten "decent" teams bro.

We beat Brazil + Argentina before just not at the world cup.
    Alaron NeX
    Cool Story Bro
    Current Games
    Darkfall D3 DotA 2

19,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Alaron NeX View Post
    USA has beaten "decent" teams bro.

We beat Brazil + Argentina before just not at the world cup.
    You probably beat their reserve team in a friendly match. Friendly matches are completely different.

Normal User US1 Player

You probably beat their reserve team in a friendly match. Friendly matches are completely different.
    No it was some tournament.

Slips my mind at the moment.
    Alaron NeX
    Cool Story Bro
    Current Games
    Darkfall D3 DotA 2

19,000+

No it was some tournament.

Slips my mind at the moment.
    Probably a tournament no one cares about.

Normal User US1 Player

Probably a tournament no one cares about.
    Grasping at straws. Oh well, not going to argue with an ignorant person.
    Alaron NeX
    Cool Story Bro
    Current Games
    Darkfall D3 DotA 2

Grasping at straws. Oh well, not going to argue with an ignorant person.
    Say what tornament or hes right. Could have been girls playing for all we know.

Me naked

Quote Originally Posted by fhrafnsson View Post
    You don't always have to run faster than the ganker. Running faster than your friend is often good enough.

Normal User

First of all, why make a USA thread when we have a perfectly good World Cup thread? http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...249215&page=12

Second of all, while I am American, I doubt we've beaten either Argentina or Brazil in any game. However, Brazil barely beat us at the finals of FIFA Confederations Cup a few months ago (3-2). Although, I think it was because Brazil underestimated us because we were up 2-0 before half-time. In addition, it was not a reserve team. All the superstars were there: Fabiano, Robinho, etc. Like the WC, I don't think Dunga chose Ronaldinho for that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Xife View Post
    Everything ever... except for hockey. Hockey remains Canada's game thank you very much.
    Huh. http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/winter...cap?gameId=854

Wait, wasn't that the Americans you saw at the 2002 World Cup quarter-finals? Where the Germans barely beat us 1-0?

While I know it's obvious the US aren't the best at soccer, it's clear that some of you are harboring some anti-American feelings. I can't blame you though, since the inferior are frequently jealous of those superior of them. It's the way of life.

EDIT: Lastly, it's not that our team isn't decent. Heck, we have arguably one of the best goalkeepers in the world on our team (as well as a somewhat decent fellow Premier-League GK as our back-up). It might just be a mental thing. If we played in the first half of our Slovenia game anywhere as well as we did in the second half, that game would have been an easy win. In addition, if we just finished our chances, we could've finished the Algeria game with 3 or even 4 goals.
    Last edited by Derurichi; 06-24-2010 at 05:16.
    "From the beginning of civilization it has generally been in the interest of governments to keep people under control. The best way to do this is to convince them of their powerlessness as individuals."
    - Why America's Children Can't Think by Peter Kline

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Derurichi View Post
    USA won a game in the preliminary rounds vs Canada.. Big deal. Plus Canada let them win it on purpose so that we could embarrass Russia by taking them out in the quarter finals.

Who gives a shit about the preliminary rounds as long as you advance. Also, Canada beat USA in the gold medal match. I really don't get why you would bring up that game.

2000+

We only play real Football.

*Puts on flame retardant suit

Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    There will be no more spiky nipples.
    EU-1 Romulus X (Deleted)
    NA-1 Ausei Yeyo (Active)

Normal User

USA is my second team in this cup. the team doesnt care if the country thinks soccer is shit, they just play like fucking warriors

GO USA!

19,000+

Wait, wasn't that the Americans you saw at the 2002 World Cup quarter-finals? Where the Germans barely beat us 1-0?

While I know it's obvious the US aren't the best at soccer, it's clear that some of you are harboring some anti-American feelings. I can't blame you though, since the inferior are frequently jealous of those superior of them. It's the way of life.

EDIT: Lastly, it's not that our team isn't decent. Heck, we have arguably one of the best goalkeepers in the world on our team (as well as a somewhat decent fellow Premier-League GK as our back-up). It might just be a mental thing. If we played in the first half of our Slovenia game anywhere as well as we did in the second half, that game would have been an easy win. In addition, if we just finished our chances, we could've finished the Algeria game with 3 or even 4 goals.
    Great, in all the World Cup history, your best achievement was a quarter final. Except the semi-finals in 1930 but those don't count because football was stupid in 1930 and only a handful of countries participated in that world cup.

If.. if... if.. if everyone played well and finished all their chances, every game would have 10 goals. Dumbass.
    Last edited by Viluin; 06-24-2010 at 11:34.

First of all, why make a USA thread when we have a perfectly good World Cup thread? http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...249215&page=12
    I agree.

Darkfall Moderators are not paid employees of Aventurine.
    In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions