Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What race ? 0o

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by vanyok View Post
    Nahh.. AV just made those posts for shits and giggles
    haha, well now alfar looks awesome but also made the wolf guys look real good :P

2000+

Arrow

You grabbed my post a bit before I edited it finished, but...

... Yes, they are going to look more or less like that. There will of course be some editing change options, but these changes are what are planned for DFO 2010 when they make the game Dfx 11 compliant, and able to use multiple cores and better graphics processing.

Feel free to re-read the post now, and comment on your own thoughts regarding race choice issues based on that advice.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zeb View Post
    You grabbed my post a bit before I edited it finished, but...

... Yes, they are going to look more or less like that. There will of course be some editing change options, but these changes are what are planned for DFO 2010 when they make the game Dfx 11 compliant, and able to use multiple cores and better graphics processing.

Feel free to re-read the post now, and comment on your own thoughts regarding race choice issues based on that advice.
    well now when i've seen new orks and stuff i'll try them out and see how they look

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zeb View Post
    Weapon set I would choose would then be:
    Irregardless of race I would advise most new players to choose Greatsword unless they are Orc.
    Play to Crush
    Supreme General of Evil Bastages
    In-Game: Grimhawke EB2
    EB is currently recruiting on a limited basis.
    www.evilbastages.net | evilbastages.blogspot.com

2000+

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Grimhawke[EB] View Post
    Irregardless of race I would advise most new players to choose Greatsword unless they are Orc.
    Also a good advice. Greatsword is a great weapon for Newbs. (Why it is used twice in my list, actually.)

On the other hand, one can learn more weapons later... or just go a more harsh pth, than that of "least resistance".

But, as this was a thread about Race choice, and not about weapon choice, one can look upon it in the opposite way: Letting your taste in what kind of weapons you would like to have influence what race to play.
    Last edited by Lord Zeb; 06-22-2010 at 18:31.

Normal User

I always hear people complain that dwarves aren't so good. If they start out with generally good stats (which is newbie friendly) and they are the second smallest race with bonuses to crafting, why are they always put down?

Normal User EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
    I always hear people complain that dwarves aren't so good. If they start out with generally good stats (which is newbie friendly) and they are the second smallest race with bonuses to crafting, why are they always put down?
    Because they are short, fat and ugly.

2000+

Arrow

Think that's the problem.

They have the same Reach as Humans and Mirdain, everyone Sprint at the same speed, so that is not negative. And they have a small Hit Box, high Hit Points and are the best Crafters.

Might be poor Archers and not too good Mages though, being short and having poor starter Dexterity and not too much Intelligence to start with... And I don't know if their fatty wide bodies block vision in Melee the way the Mahirim's does... and they do not have any Ork Axe-bonus. But, these should only be small issues.

My only experience is however only fighting dwarves (and I have met a few really mean lil' stunties) so, anyone else with more insight in this, or are they just prejudiced?

Normal User EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by NightFang View Post
    I am a mahirim and even though I know I have the strafe advantage I would reroll alfar anyday.
    Wanna trade? :P

Normal User

... now i want to roll a human female, never leave 3rd person view. Are human males getting a model update?

2000+

Arrow

Everything is getting an upgrade as it is a system upgrade from DirX 9 to DirX11 compability.

Which includes not only Male humans, but also female Mirdains, Mahirims, Dwarves, Orcs and Alfar.

We will be gtting new armor sets, missing armor pieces and more as well.

DFO 2010, coming this Fall.