Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Community Liaison

Default Darkfall's Chaos Chest #1 (Bi-Weekly recap)

As with our in game Chaos Chests you'll never know what you get!
    It's hard to keep up with updates and interesting happenings in game and around the forums. But fret not, the community liaisons are here to help.

We will recap on a regular basis to make sure you don't miss any important information.
    Additionally we will pick a few examples of the many interesting reads around the forums. (If you think a specific thread or event is worth mentioning contact any of the liaisons. Keep in mind though that we are looking at suggestions directly on the forums, there is no need to send links about them to make a stronger point.)

.:: Official News ::.

.:: Around the web ::.
    • Darkfall's Free Trial made an appearance on IGNs Frontpage and various gaming sites around the net picked up on the news as well.
    • Syncaine wrote an exciting recap of the Kvitstein siege on the 10th of June (NA-1)
    • Signus' Travelogues are also well worth a read

.:: Official Events ::.
    • The Trials of the Watcher will be coming to a server near you on the 25th of June. Read more about this lore Event here.

.:: Player created Events ::.
    • Ninogan's 1vs1melee/archery only Tournament on EU was a big success. Read up on the winners and matches in the forums.

.:: The battle for Agon ::.

Agon saw a big Clash on Cairn as well as solo player action all over the world.

• EU-1
      The Cairn alliance disbanded, and in turn lead to the fact that there is no clan with more then one holding on the continent. It remains to be seen what happens in terms of alliance in that part of Agon.
      The new and rebalanced Sea Fortress loot lead to a huge early morning fight at the northern tower. At least 7 ships were spotted from many different parties, including a big ship of the line, owned by SUN. They had the bigger guns and conquered Burning Glory, but we heard that many parties got away with epic loot.
    • NA-1
      NA saw big fights for the Sea Fortresses as well. You can relive it here through the eyes of Lords of Death:
      Another heavy battle was fought over Bladethorpe hamlet. Check out some additional politics and discussion.

We are interested in finding neutral players who would like to work with us on a weekly basis to update the community on general war happenings on both servers. You can send a pm to any of the community liaison if you are interested. Please state why you would be a good candidate to comment and update us on happenings we might miss. Thank you!

.:: Around the forum ::.
    • Our weekly pick from the suggestions forum is bmfof's post titled "A working bounty system?". Keep in mind that this doesn't mean that this suggestion will be implemented. We just really liked the fact that it's a well thought out idea that takes into account as many variables as possible and analyzes them in a very constructive way.
      We are always happy to see the community be so eager and willing to contribute.

.:: Creative Corner ::.

With the 5k Contest still going there naturally have been several posts about contest entries among the general posts of fan art. Keep in mind that the links here don't have anything to do with the judging of the contest from our side.

.:: General Help and information ::.
    • Our out of game customer support team is happy to help you with any issues here: EU / NA
    • Should you run into problems but can't log in to send a ticket through the support system you can use the following emails: EU / NA

.:: New players ::.
    • For new players, please make sure you link your gaming account to your forum account by following this guide, in order to be able to post in the subscriber forums.
    • The official help guide is available both in and out of game. For in game information use the help icon in your main menu.
    • An additional helpful New Player Compilation by Asnar of the NEW clan on EU can be found here.

That's the loot for this week.
    Happy hunting everyone!

Normal User

Awsome
    Quote from Tasos:
    -Expansion / Relaunch doesn't mean a server wipe but it may give fresh options to new and existing players
    -I'll repeat that we're not going to wipe the servers in case that's still unclear
    "(GM XXXXXX) : I am sorry if I am no help for you. Anything else I can assist you with?

Excellent write up, thanks for that.

Any idea when we'll be hearing word on the June (I'm assuming now July) expansion?

This is a great idea!

2000+

This should be sent as an email newsletter

2000+

Thank you for the link, and great work putting all of this together! Certainly a very nice addition to all of the other communication you guys do, and a great way to involve the community.
    SynCaine GodHand
    Author of Hardcore Casual

Yep i will like some information regarding the costs and grind on magic after the nerf and when and how it gets fixed and also some info about expansion, will the special armor be in that.

3000+

I like this. Good job!
    Cyndane Vadin

Community Liaison

Quote Originally Posted by raffraff View Post
    This should be sent as an email newsletter
    There will be a monthly recap in newsletter form.

9000+

Good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

Normal User

refreshing post keep up the good work
    Dread Terror [SUN]

5000+

naice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    I've never lifted in my life but I'll go and see how much I can bench and let you guys know.

Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    There will be a monthly recap in newsletter form.
    that would be great and it hink the first new later that i acceppt
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

Normal User

Communication is good. Thanks.

Torinar Blackhammer, Retired Founder & Supreme General of NEW (on EU)

Quote Originally Posted by MortalZero View Post
    Yep i will like some information regarding the costs and grind on magic after the nerf and when and how it gets fixed and also some info about expansion, will the special armor be in that.
    Here's an idea: Don't grind all magic schools and spells.