Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Default considering re-roll

I played Darkfall on and off for about 4-5 months as Mirdain. I leveled up a number of skills in that time mostly focusing on archery, GS, LM, GM, and fire elemental magic. Looking back, I was pretty inefficient since a lot of the time was just goofing around, exploring, etc.(which was fun). So I'm thinking of re-rolling as Ork or maybe Mahirim just for variety. Has anyone else done a re-roll after a relatively long time investment?
    I'm thinking that I'll probably be able to level up more quickly since I know the ins and outs of the game. Mirdain just feels... well not as cool as Ork or Mahirim would be. Any advice?
    Last edited by xsidura; 06-19-2010 at 19:57.

Normal User

wait for the race change implementation

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by retek View Post
    wait for the race change implementation
    Can you elaborate?

Thanks for the quick reply -- Just to note -- I haven't played since the patch. Maybe it would be worth testing out my Mirdain again since I'm mostly melee and archery which seems to have received the most love from the patch if I'm getting the right impression (besides rays).

Normal User US1 Player

Re rolling is fun. Since the hp changes and your past exp u will catch up to your char very quickly.
    All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
    ---Sun Tzu---

Quote Originally Posted by TheVillageIdiot View Post
    Health to mana will be your primary heal always

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Rising View Post
    Re rolling is fun. Since the hp changes and your past exp u will catch up to your char very quickly.
    This ^^^^^

If rerolling means you will stay much more interested in playing the game and have much more fun I say go for it.

Especially with the latest patch, you will be viable in a fraction of the time it used to take.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Jayro Bloodfist View Post
    This ^^^^^

If rerolling means you will stay much more interested in playing the game and have much more fun I say go for it.

Especially with the latest patch, you will be viable in a fraction of the time it used to take.
    So are the human lands still the most populated? I'm wondering if I'll be in a deserted wasteland if I re-roll as Ork. I'm guessing Mirdain is one of the less popular races... not sure about Ork.

Quote Originally Posted by xsidura View Post
    So are the human lands still the most populated? I'm wondering if I'll be in a deserted wasteland if I re-roll as Ork. I'm guessing Mirdain is one of the less popular races... not sure about Ork.
    I would guess that orc and dwarflands are the least populated, considering they are the two least popular races from what Ive seen.

Elf lands are pretty busy actually, and Human & Alfar as well since they are the 2 most popular races.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Jayro Bloodfist View Post
    I would guess that orc and dwarflands are the least populated, considering they are the two least popular races from what Ive seen.

Elf lands are pretty busy actually, and Human & Alfar as well since they are the 2 most popular races.
    How about Mahirim? The Orks and Mahirim seem like fun races to me.

4000+

If you want to use melee, roll anything else than dwarf or alfar.

Quote Originally Posted by xsidura View Post
    How about Mahirim? The Orks and Mahirim seem like fun races to me.
    Well Mahirim would be a good choice, personally I would never want to play a giant wolfman, but there are a lot of good wolf players.

Their runspeed bonus is great for archery because it allows them to strafe faster than everyone else.

Orcs are good because they usually have a lot of HP and have a slight bonus to great axes.

I would guess that wolf lands have more people around than orc lands.

But If I had to choose between wolf and orc I would go wolf just for the mahirim huntspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by bobii View Post
    If you want to use melee, roll anything else than dwarf or alfar.
    I would disagree, I think Alfar are a great mele choice despite their shorter reach.

As a human I normally have to aim a bit low to hit them where I otherwise wouldn't have to aim low, so that can throw people off a bit.

Also the small hitbox allows them to dodge in and out a bit easier so people have a hard time connecting with their swings against Alfar that have good movement.

Normal User

Well, I just re-subbed. I think I'll do some test pvping with my Mirdain and see how things have changed before doing any re-rolls. Then i might still be tempted to go with Ork even though it's lower population. Something about being an Ork swinging a big-ass Axe seems like fun to me.

I do totally understand why an account is limited to just one character but there are times I wish you could at least just experiment with other races. I guess I could do the 14 day trial maybe and try it that way. Can I sign up with a new trial account and just try it that way?

yes.

All it takes is an email address and some fake info and you have yourself a 14 day account for free

2000+

Arrow

If you like the Ork+Greataxe concept (with perhaps a Club/Hammer for one-hand weaponry, which you need when Mounted), then go for it. It's a very viable way for PvP, if you can handle the relatively short Reach with the Greataxe. (At least according to Ginger Magician.)

If you are bad at sticking to people, (getting into melee close to people to be able to hit them with short reach weapons,) Mahirim is better though. Best natural reach race in the game, apart from the Runspeed issues. You can even be viable with Knives due to the long Reach compensating. Or maybe go Greatsword/Polearm, for the best Reach in the game.

And as they said, you can even get a 2-week test account trying out a new race before "buying it" permanently, by re-rolling. (But max once per computer you got.)

Staying Mirdain a while can also be fun, trying out the game again and get back the feel for how to run things... and maybe even play as Mirdain until the promised "Pay for Race Change" function is implemented by AV in... perhaps a few months.
    Last edited by Lord Zeb; 06-20-2010 at 01:18.

Normal User US1 Player

As a human newb out in human newb areas, I have to say that I greatly wish our lands were barren wastelands. :-P I spend more time running around looking for spawns that aren't covered in people than I do actually grinding lol