Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Love tears

Normal User US1 Player

Default Love tears

"OMG AV, We have nerfed every possible way out of mages but they're still pvping. NERF RAYS KTHXBYE".

Seriously, now that people have more health... turn mages how they were pre-patch. This ray shit is a waste of my grinding time and a global cooldown will most likly kill this game.

Today ive been rolling as an archer just because im not spening 500k on leveling rays "like my nukes" to have them nerfed randomly because of QQ kiddies cant aim a fucking bow.

All R50 nukes, Useless
    R90's to some extent, useless
    Magma storm, useless.
    Bolts consuming mana quickly + parry, useless

Now if even a 0.5 global cooldown on rays was inplace, it would be easier rolling in high gear as an archer for the same damage. There is no reward for being a mage other than Stormblast, WOF, Come hither, buffs. Considering it costs 1mil+... there is no value to it. Anyone who honestly thinks otherwise needs to grow the fuck up because the world doesnt revolve around some 17yearold stoner kid who wants to melee in every game.
    Last edited by Arrath; 06-18-2010 at 06:10.

Normal User

If you can aim a nuke as well as you can aim a bow, you have nothing to worry about and there is no "nerf"

/thread

Normal User US1 Player

A gravesong does more damage than a fireball, THUS THE AOE. Aiming has nothing to do with it. It costs you to lv intensify, the spell to 75-surging after lving other spells to get it that high. Add another 4 schools exactly the same... it costs weeks if not months + asstons of gold just to do less than bow damage but have a AOE.

A archer user can archer while getting gold and be maxed masterys in 1-2 days of casual play.
    Last edited by Arrath; 06-18-2010 at 06:14.

Normal User

So do I .. NOM NOM NOM NOM!
    Gankable Player

Normal User

A gravesong does not do more damage than a 1.0 damage staff (keened corpsecall) and if I'm not mistaken the corpsecall costs about half the price of a gravesong.

Maybe you should stop being a mage that uses deer sticks?
    Last edited by almasty; 06-18-2010 at 06:17.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Arrath View Post
    A gravesong does more damage than a fireball, THUS THE AOE. Aiming has nothing to do with it. It costs you to lv intensify, the spell to 75-surging after lving other spells to get it that high. Add another 4 schools exactly the same... it costs weeks if not months + asstons of gold just to do less than bow damage but have a AOE.

A archer user can archer while getting gold and be maxed masterys in 1-2 days of casual play.
    we know we know you spent tons and tons of time on your toon, think about the population and the game's success for once.

Normal User US1 Player

lol think for the game? that's my exact point. Alot of people don't enjoy being melee characters / ray ray nublets. We're eing forced into it simply because it's easier to use a bow than aim nukes that DO less damage.

If half of you fucking nut cupping warrior fags thought of the game instead "wahhh he is beating me" we wouldn't be in this situation. Want proof? After every nerf... there is always a 20 page thread 2 hours later about another mage nerf aka rays.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Arrath View Post
    lol think for the game? that's my exact point. Alot of people don't enjoy being melee characters / ray ray nublets. We're eing forced into it simply because it's easier to use a bow than aim nukes that DO less damage.

If half of you fucking nut cupping warrior fags thought of the game instead "wahhh he is beating me" we wouldn't be in this situation. Want proof? After every nerf... there is always a 20 page thread 2 hours later about another mage nerf aka rays.
    I just hope I get to see one of these machine gun rays before its gone. :/

Normal User

wow total BS. use a 75+ fireball, right next to a player and it barely does 14 damage. I thought they said they would have like a circle type thing, and the further from the player the less damage, and the closer, obviously the more... so far it seems to be the same damage if you miss them all round. Fucking lame AV.

The way we roll.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysonx View Post
    wow total BS. use a 75+ fireball, right next to a player and it barely does 14 damage. I thought they said they would have like a circle type thing, and the further from the player the less damage, and the closer, obviously the more... so far it seems to be the same damage if you miss them all round. Fucking lame AV.
    Its really fun to kill mobs now with spells, need to aim really carefully to get direct hit for max dmg. Some mobs are dancing way too much and slower spells/big nukes aoe doesnt do really any dmg. They need to fix it for PVE asap i dont mind about pvp changes.

Quote Originally Posted by bezzi86 View Post
    Its really fun to kill mobs now with spells, need to aim really carefully to get direct hit for max dmg. Some mobs are dancing way too much and slower spells/big nukes aoe doesnt do really any dmg. They need to fix it for PVE asap i dont mind about pvp changes.
    PvE will never be fun in my opinion but I agree with you it would be more fun because the challenge is bigger and you have more HP for mistakes as well. I can imagine that it is kinda annoying to aim precisely with mobs spazzing out. I have the same problem with archery from a medium/long range if the mobs are small. PvE still needs more variation and a better AI to make it as challenging as PvP.

Offtopic: OP, if you honestly stand behind the multiple incorrect statements that you made then you should really /cut yourself.
    Last edited by World Dominator; 06-18-2010 at 10:38.

Remove Wobble

Normal User

Nerd Rage

6000+

Quote Originally Posted by almasty View Post
    If you can aim a nuke as well as you can aim a bow, you have nothing to worry about and there is no "nerf"

/thread
    its harded to hit r50s than arrows because they are slow and more luck plays a role because you have to predict which can be countered easily...

but after all i like nerfing mages

1000+

Magewhore for life and i love the patch.
    dotn even need the rays !

Quote Originally Posted by Esudar View Post
    its harded to hit r50s than arrows because they are slow and more luck plays a role because you have to predict which can be countered easily...

but after all i like nerfing mages
    I semi-agree with you here. It all depends on the range. With my bow it's also guessing and predicting in which direction someone is going and this is the reason why a lot of people have problems hitting each other while they're 2 meters away from each other let alone if the range is bigger.
    With archery you aren't even going to hit someone very long range while with magic you will get a few hits in it only does less damage then before, but it's still better then archery (no hits) in that case.

I agree that it's harder but not extremely to hit people on shorter/medium range precisely with magic due the slowness. However I still think the nerf still needs some tweaking here and there for me PvP got way better (Skill wise, Length wise and Fun Wise).
    Last edited by World Dominator; 06-18-2010 at 10:57.

Remove Wobble