Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789 ... LastLast
    Normal User

To everyone saying that its BS they can do this with spell combos needs to realize there is nothing stopping them from grinding up spells and learning how to do the same thing. If you can Bhop and spell chain just as well as him he cant get away
    If you're not cheating you're not trying, and its only cheating if you get caught.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Dartax View Post
    I am alone if I think that using stormblast, shrapnel and bogone to multiple bunny hopping is broken game mechanism as using "near impassable barrier" to climb up to cliff?
    no, i think also.
    next sieges we will see more stones on high hills.

and mr. white thx for this no funny video. now more player are know a way to exploit clanstones for sieges.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Sarphus View Post
    How should a mage melee a destroyer in quality gear?

apples meet oranges...

mages have more utility abilities than anything else.

destroyers have more durability and damage output.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarphus View Post
    Why would you ask such a stupid question. Of course I do.

I play a mage. A friend of mine plays a destroyer. Both of us do fine.

I can do utility stuff like you see in this video. My friend can hit for 90 in the back if you have your staff out and takes 30 dmg at most when I hit him with maxed out nukes. My friend has 80 or so str and hits me twice as hard as I hit him when I'm at 120 int (107+ base. Buffed to 120)

The problem with destroyer is that most people aren't very good at it. The people who are good at it are extremely lethal... Just like magic. I almost never see my friend get fewer than 5 kills in a siege. last night he 1 v 1'd a very well known pvper. Destroyer is totally playable if you do it right.

Can I do what he does? No... Can he do what I do? No...

Your comment implies you assume people don't know what they're talking about just because their experiences in game differ from yours.
    wow, what a bullshit.

yeah every mage stand still with a wand in the hand that the destroyer can hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_999 View Post
    no, i think also.
    next sieges we will see more stones on high hills.

and mr. white thx for this no funny video. now more player are know a way to exploit clanstones for sieges.
    That was my first thought after seeing this video. Ha

Good job, Mr. White.

Normal User

Yay. More Matrix/Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon crap. One of the worst things about DF in my opinion. It just looks stupid.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    As time passed... people eventually got high magic skills. Yep, I think you have it figured out.
    And in between they get shit on and raped by those who already macroed out at the top. That doesn't sound like a PvP mmorpg to me. That shit sounds like it belongs in world of warcraft.

When did anyone ever say that magic was not intended to be the most powerful of tools in a fantasy RPG? Magic is always the most powerful of tools. What's more, this game has no classes. There are no mages, no destroyers, just characters with abilities and everyone can use magic abilities of some type.

Magic is the most powerful combat and utility tool, but has some drawbacks (expense and friendly fire).
    A Manowar is the most powerful warship.
    A Sunbow is the most powerful bow.

Get it?

Being able to use magic as shown in this video is the epitome of what makes a good sandbox. Everyone dumping on it because it takes magic, character progression, and player training (player skill) to utilize it really need to stop roleplaying in real life.

It's a game.
    Two out of those 3 can be lost. You put in skill loss on death and you have a point.

It's a game, so reduce the grind and tell those who cry about not being able to wtfpwn in one sided battles that its just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzik View Post
    You seriously want to highlight how you can bunny hop down mountains at ridiculous speeds?

Some of the stuff I understand, but cmon, that is in no way something to brag about.

"Hey guys, our jumping system allows you hop down a declining slope at 100 times normal speed! And since fall damage can't kill you, it is the perfect way to run from PvP!"

Using spells to climb up towers and mountains is cool. Bunny hopping down declines is not.
    SHHH i love bunny hopping.

Normal User EU1 Player

Useless walls? I knew ppl are mostly zombies, but to be so stupid...

If they remove all jumping and hoping abilities from the game THEN walls will be just walls....

And now WALLS are very twitchy battle arena and a great tool to separate and fool your enemies, if you dont understand it, then you are just not smart enough for DF pvp, go play WoW or CS.

I love how the people knocking this are too scrub to macro up spells. Honestly, though, this is kind of whack for a Spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    Useless walls? I knew ppl are mostly zombies, but to be so stupid...

If they remove all jumping and hoping abilities from the game THEN walls will be just walls....

And now WALLS are very twitchy battle arena and a great tool to separate and fool your enemies, if you dont understand it, then you are just not smart enough for DF pvp, go play WoW or CS.
    exactly. Walls and other structures in combination with the awesome utility spells that you push up in the air if you do it right can outplay your enemies if you know how to do. Must guys don't die because they have bad characters. No they die because they run in stright lines and never use the enviroment around them.
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

2000+

The final fight was a shameful example of Darkfall combat mechanics.The opposing guy was juggled like a ball and had lost almost all his health before he even landed back on the ground.

If thats not an example of overpowered and broken mechanics I dont know what is.

It may look cool but it shouldnt be what the game is all about.
    Last edited by Ginger Magician; 06-03-2010 at 03:29.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=293122 DWARF PVP TOURNEY
    Dont Mess with the Best.AKA The Legend/King of the Dwarves/The most famous player in DF history.
    [SIGPIC]
    'You are too high in maintenance and generally disruptive.' Celiah Ailey on GM

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Magician View Post
    The final fight was a shameful example of Darkfall combat mechanics.The opposing guy was juggled like a ball and had lost almost all his health before he even landed back on the ground.

If thats not an example of overpowered and broken mechanics I dont know what is.

yeah you saw the other guy missing his spells not using his eye root and stormblasting away while his opponent is away or using a confusion for longer blind. Also i could simply stormblast away out of the bubble. many possibilties its called skill
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

Normal User US1 Player

almost everyone in this thread is retarded. extra retard points go to zezune who would like the devs to remove anything he cannot deal with personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    Perhaps .

Anyway, a lot of you guys are complaining about game mechanics (big surprise) and decorating your own little soap box... but I just made the video because I do this sort of thing all the time (and get out of sticky situations like this a lot) and I thought it might be a fun little video to be different from the monotony of the typical pvp video.

Regardless of whether I _should_ be able to do the things in the video, Darkfall allows me the extra dimension of utility via these spells that allows me to have quite a bit of fun with it. What you guys should be happy about is that you can at least see how some of the things are done, rather than being in the dark like the majority of people are with regards to most "tricks".

I made the video for fun.
    I respect your tricks... I learned something about explosion from your video. I tried it out in game and found that it required more practice than it appeared to.

I like how physics spells add a whole new realm to pvp. People who excel at them will also excel at mobility. I don't have a problem with that, personally. If anything, it gives me another skill to develop (proper execution of physics spells)

Thx for the vid. It's clear you have mastered the physics spells.
    - Sarphus.

Normal User EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Magician View Post

Then what stopped the opposing guy from doing exact the same OPOPOP juggles?