This post is meant with respect to all peoples play styles. These are the levels of will i've witnessed in mmos.
Ok so you have a life, that's cool. You deserve to have a maxxed out character in darkfall after 5-6 months of casual gameplay. 2-3 hours a day every other day. Have fun!
You play roughly 8-10 hours a day because you love mmos. After about 2 months you'll finish your character. (This is my level of dedication in mmos).
I thought I was hardcore, but not until I played Lineage 2. My lord, koreans are the best grinders in the known world. I cannot play a mmo on this level. Unfortunately Darkfall is still at the level of "Korean" grind. The only way to complete a character in darkfall is to first:
1. obtain the demi god-like blood of a korean.
2. Play 16 hours a day with 8 hours of sleep.
3. If your body gives out make sure you maximize any of the MISSING 16 hours with macro'ing.
4. Excellent scripting. knowledge of IT, programming skills to aid in your macro'ing skills.
5. If you want to survive in the world of Darkfall visit this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scripting_language
Please show mercy darkfall devs.