Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
    Normal User Long term follower

Default Three levels of grinders. Casual, Hardcore, Korean.

This post is meant with respect to all peoples play styles. These are the levels of will i've witnessed in mmos.

Casual

Ok so you have a life, that's cool. You deserve to have a maxxed out character in darkfall after 5-6 months of casual gameplay. 2-3 hours a day every other day. Have fun!

Hardcore

You play roughly 8-10 hours a day because you love mmos. After about 2 months you'll finish your character. (This is my level of dedication in mmos).

Korean

I thought I was hardcore, but not until I played Lineage 2. My lord, koreans are the best grinders in the known world. I cannot play a mmo on this level. Unfortunately Darkfall is still at the level of "Korean" grind. The only way to complete a character in darkfall is to first:

1. obtain the demi god-like blood of a korean.
    2. Play 16 hours a day with 8 hours of sleep.
    3. If your body gives out make sure you maximize any of the MISSING 16 hours with macro'ing.
    4. Excellent scripting. knowledge of IT, programming skills to aid in your macro'ing skills.
    5. If you want to survive in the world of Darkfall visit this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scripting_language

Summary

Please show mercy darkfall devs.

1000+

thats the point u dont have to complete ure character...

SPECIALIZE
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

1000+ US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by LuzArius View Post
    This post is meant with respect to all peoples play styles. These are the levels of will i've witnessed in mmos.

Casual

Ok so you have a life, that's cool. You deserve to have a maxxed out character in darkfall after 5-6 months of casual gameplay. 2-3 hours a day every other day. Have fun!

Hardcore

You play roughly 8-10 hours a day because you love mmos. After about 2 months you'll finish your character. (This is my level of dedication in mmos).

Korean

I thought I was hardcore, but not until I played Lineage 2. My lord, koreans are the best grinders in the known world. I cannot play a mmo on this level. Unfortunately Darkfall is still at the level of "Korean" grind. The only way to complete a character in darkfall is to first:

3. If your body gives out make sure you maximize any of the MISSING 16 hours with macro'ing.
    4. Excellent scripting. knowledge of IT, programming skills to aid in your macro'ing skills.
    5. If you want to survive in the world of Darkfall visit this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scripting_language

Summary

i would like to point out you dont need any programming skills to make a macro just fyi.
    Last edited by Veeshan_; 05-23-2010 at 03:17.

i've played "hardcore" for a year and have yet to pass 400 hp, 100 archmage, etc. etc.

TheLove Guru
    SG - Charlies Angels

Grief at it's finest moment:
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4291/98469606.jpg

3000+

And then there's number 4.

Darkfall pre patch

2000+ EU1 Player

OP you are an absolute idiot.
    You can "complete" a character in 5 months of your "Casual" playstyle
    You can "Complete" a character in 2 with your "hardcore"
    And no one I know (Including the TOP Pvpers on both servers) play Korean style. Thats an absolutely ridiculous over-exaggeration because you act like thats the only way. In reality, no one grinds that much. In reality, people have fun before they are "complete". In reality, being "complete" doesn't mean every stat and skill is maxed. My sharpshooter is only 88 and I can be highly competitive, cause I specialized and was smart.
    l2p the game. You can have fun from day 1. I started at release/beta and I had fun every day and still do. I was fucking Under powered for months and I had a shitton of fun. Just because you aren't a top pvper does not mean you can't have fun, dumbfuck. I'm sick and tired of people bitching about the grind.
    GO play lineage 2.
    Last edited by OvanOf Twilight; 05-23-2010 at 05:41.

(It's .Hack you fucking retards)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktorr View Post
    "man, that' sounds like a lot of bows being drawn".
    Ask me for my Name.
    Eu-1 & Na-1

Banned US1 Player

most of the best pvpers dont have the best characters... and chars mean less as numbers in the fight increase. the only part of darkfall character imbalance comes to play is 1vs1s. so if u enjoy dueling, darkfall is not and was never meant for you. people are crying about the grind moreso lately because there is less and less sieges and world pvp, and more dueling and dicking around in town.

Normal User

No one grinds like you're talking about. You don't have to max everything. Go get in some pvp and watch what the other person does to you when you lose.

Did they use GS? Check. Whirlwind...almost always.
    Did they use Conversion spells? Ok...gotta have them.
    Did they use arrows? If they are dead-eye shots, they probably did. It's not a simple matter of how much damage a single shot gets off...arrows cycle faster than the big damage spells.

Did they use 50 buff spells? No. When the hell did they have time to cast all of those for random pvp? Only in a siege or if they got lucky. Not all the time.
    Did they use more than 2 or 3 nukes? I doubt it. Why ever would you give them more than 5 seconds to live? It's finished by then.

To recap...2 handed weapon, conversions, and a ranged attack. Everything else is situational fluff that you will win many fights without. 2 months?
    Last edited by Lollipop; 05-23-2010 at 05:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoia21 View Post
    And then there's number 4.

Darkfall pre patch
    ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by Lollipop View Post
    No one grinds like you're talking about. You don't have to max everything. Go get in some pvp and watch what the other person does to you when you lose.

Did they use GS? Check. Whirlwind...almost always.
    Did they use Conversion spells? Ok...gotta have them.
    Did they use arrows? If they are dead-eye shots, they probably did. It's not a simple matter of how much damage a single shot gets off...arrows cycle faster than the big damage spells.

Did they use 50 buff spells? No. When the hell did they have time to cast all of those for random pvp? Only in a siege or if they got lucky. Not all the time.
    Did they use more than 2 or 3 nukes? I doubt it. Why ever would you give them more than 5 seconds to live? It's finished by then.

To recap...2 handed weapon, conversions, and a ranged attack. Everything else is situational fluff that you will win many fights without. 2 months?
    Greatsword + Fireball + Lightning Stike = DF PVP IN A NUTSHELL

Freedom? lol not quite.
    Last edited by frogg; 05-23-2010 at 06:15.

Normal User

Funny, because I've seen a lot of sacred missiles lately. I think if you ask what a particular person's favorite ranged attack is, you might actually find a few different answers. More than a few would answer arrows, sacred missile, cursed bolt, fireball, lightning strike, volcano (slooowww)...but no one has TIME to throw them all. If you have one or two, you can be pretty competitive, presuming you play your character well.

Normal User

No it goes like this. Have a life so dabble, Bit of a nerd so spend most of my free time gaming and big time no lifers elitists who are under the delusion that doing nothing but gaming commands respect and attention. I great example of a no lifer, and there are a few of them, is a player with multi alts on the EU server Gotlegs. This is a guy really has no life, week in week out every day from wake up to sleep his just plays Darkfall.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by LuzArius View Post

Casual

Hardcore

Korean

Summary

You missed a large subset of the population - the non-grinders. Some of us just enjoy the game and don't feel the need to turn a game into a job just to pwn in the game (and maybe compensate for RL failures? Ouch, sorry, yeah that was harsh, but I gotta say I do wonder about some of the griefers...). My point is it's just a game ffs, so I'm going to enjoy it without ruining it buy chasing a silly dream to 'complete' my character. I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way.
    Me n' my pig, Brittany.

"DFO has MAJOR flaws, but what indie game doesn't? The players are going to have to help to get this game to where it should be. That's not forgiveness for developers. That's simply the truth." - Beauturkey over at MMORPG.com (paraphrased)

Banned

Fail, theres two kind of people ONLY, those who like to grind and those who find it extremely dull and waste of time not worth of any amount of money, they rather buy another game, but poor suckers just keep grinding. Kill 1000 goblin, its "fun challenge! Im very competitive, I think I can make it!!, maybe... big question mark. "
    Last edited by Skuldrik; 05-23-2010 at 08:34.

Banned US1 Player

anyone who plays this game from starter zones is failing hard. you can be killing 'endgame' mobs from day 1 if your grinding your doing it wrong.

if you want to make this game a grind your doing it to yourself. av cant make you stop being stupid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by [PvP] View Post
    if you want to make this game a grind your doing it to yourself. av cant make you stop being stupid.

Aye thats what they do sadly. They please mages because it takes YEARS of grind. These idiots just keep grinding to make stronger mage every day, but its "fun challenge".

Darkfall is beyond Korean Grind to be honest. I think I dont need to explain why they removed decay system.

Core of DFO are goign to play DFO for many damn years.
    Last edited by Skuldrik; 05-23-2010 at 08:41.