View Poll Results: What is your living situation?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Mom's Basement", I am still living with my parents, free of charge. May or may not be going to college. What's a "job"?

11 14.29%
  • "Dad the Landlord", I am still living with the parents, but they make me pay them rent. We will see who has the last laugh when I put them in the cheapest nursing home possible.

2 2.60%
  • I'm renting somewhere, courtesy of the bank of Mom and Dad. I might be a college student, or I might be a damn lazy bum with upper-middle class parents.

9 11.69%
  • I'm renting my own place, possibly with some roomies or a gurl. I have a job, and I cover most of if not all of the rent myself.

16 20.78%
  • I own a house. Jobs are good for that. I even found a housewife that goes great with the kitchen.

5 6.49%
  • I travel a lot, home is a hotel. Or a car. Or your mom's house.

2 2.60%
  • I make all of my posts using a laptop I stole from some WoW carebear, and I leech off of retards with no passwords on their wifi.

2 2.60%
  • I've never found a need for a "place of my own", what when it's perfectly easy enough to get a new girl to take me to her place for the night, every night.

1 1.30%
  • I live in the internet.

13 16.88%
  • Home is where the bewbs is.

16 20.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I travel a lot. Until the point where we stop charging people to have a freaking roof over their head. Seriously, no one else finds something wrong with that?

Yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I travel a lot. Until the point where we stop charging people to have a freaking roof over their head. Seriously, no one else finds something wrong with that?
    Could you rephrase that?
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

A place to stay for everyone should be a goal of our society. There are millions of people going hungry and unsheltered in our own country.

Yummy.

A place to stay for everyone should be a goal of our society. There are millions of people going hungry and unsheltered in our own country.
    You should find the source of this problem and not just give houses and food for free.
    People should work in order to receive a house.
    Show me how many of these homeless you know are working ?
    Show me one guy that works and can not afford a place to stay.
    Giving houses for free will only encourage more lazyness, trust me.
    Creating more working places should be a goal.

I am from a communist country.
    We did that as an experiment: it was the worst social experiment in the world, it was communism.
    Everybody received a house for free if they were married.
    Look where we are now...
    Lord Malebo in game.
    Lux Arcana recruit.
    http://www.luxarcana.org/portal/

Quote Originally Posted by malebogia View Post
    You should find the source of this problem and .

We did that as an experiment: it was the worst social experiment in the world, it was communism.
    Look where we are now...

In a house and married?
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

14,000+

You should find the source of this problem and not just give houses and food for free.

Look where we are now...

Don't waste your time. He's a "rebel" teen stuck in la-la land.

Tea-Bagging since 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Ches View Post
    Im voteing Obama
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc
    God damn newbie trolls...try harder next time.

5000+

i went for the house, nothing beats a check from the gov for 8k, i dont think ive ever seen a check that looked so nice, it was all "FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS TAX REBATE" in elegant calligraphy. the paper it was printed on must have been worth at least half the value of the check, too.

but the best part of owning a home young is knowing that when your mortgage is paid, you're retiring almost 20 years earlier than anyone else in your demographic.

if i live that long anyways, amirite?!??
    Originally Posted by Daggermaniac
    The only DF player that I have expected of Aim Botting is Zato Ichi.

14,000+

Quote Originally Posted by zato`1 View Post
    i went for the house, nothing beats a check from the gov for 8k, i dont think ive ever seen a check that looked so nice, it was all "FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS TAX REBATE" in elegant calligraphy. the paper it was printed on must have been worth at least half the value of the check, too.

but the best part of owning a home young is knowing that when your mortgage is paid, you're retiring almost 20 years earlier than anyone else in your demographic.

if i live that long anyways, amirite?!??
    If the government/economy hasn't collapsed by then.
    The unfunded liabilities in the bottom row are always good for some lulz.

Tea-Bagging since 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Ches View Post
    Im voteing Obama
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc
    God damn newbie trolls...try harder next time.

5000+

if the economy collapses, would you rather be living with a 30 year fixed rate mortgage or a monthly rent bill that increases 25% everytime you pay it

edit : i started watching the unemployment clock. everytime it goes up one, i just imagine some poor sap walking out of his bosses office with his tail between his legs, wondering if hes gonna be alright.

man unemployment is an ugly beast, thats a really really scary number right there.

i was there for a while til i decided to pursue a new trade.

that shit sucks, it sucks real bad.
    Last edited by zato`1; 05-20-2010 at 12:16.
    Originally Posted by Daggermaniac
    The only DF player that I have expected of Aim Botting is Zato Ichi.

Look where we are now...
    I guess I just wish we were in the utopia age, maybe it's not too far away, but it probably is.

I don't believe people should have to work just to get the basics of survival. In this sense, we're all slaves.

Yummy.

Banned

I guess I just wish we were in the utopia age, maybe it's not too far away, but it probably is.

I don't believe people should have to work just to get the basics of survival. In this sense, we're all slaves.
    Wait, wtf? You biked to Florida?

Also, correct phase is wage slave. If Marx isn't the greatest sociologist/labor economist of all time, then I don't know who is.
    Last edited by StrawberryClock; 05-24-2010 at 07:32.

5000+

I live in your mom's basement.
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

You realize that someone will have to work in order to provide for the ones that "get the basics of survival".
    Trust me on this:
    The more you give to someone for free, they will work less, the less they work, the degradation start.
    In the end you will have a fuckload of poor and lazy people and then problems.
    Last edited by malebogia; 05-24-2010 at 16:17.
    Lord Malebo in game.
    Lux Arcana recruit.
    http://www.luxarcana.org/portal/

4000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by zato`1 View Post
    if the economy collapses, would you rather be living with a 30 year fixed rate mortgage or a monthly rent bill that increases 25% everytime you pay it
    As long as you don't have an adjustable-rate mortgage, you should be fine. If you have one however, you're screwed. Comparatively to other services and goods, in times of crisis, housing prices take a much lower percentage of one's all in all spending. Therefore, compared to now, houses will require much less purchasing power to acquire if/when inflation comes and it would be quite expensive to pay for a mortgage with an adjustable rate under inflation.

You realize that someone will have to work in order to provide for the ones that "get the basics of survival".
    Trust me on this:
    The more you give to someone for free, they will work less, the less they work, the degradation start.
    In the end you will have a fuckload of poor and lazy people and then problems.
    Indeed, so two things have to happen.

First, we have to stop having so many god damn kids,

Second, we have to invent programmable highly adaptive robotic machines, ala I-robot style. (without them trying to take over the human race, of course).

Until then, human nature prevents us from living in a utopia. Few people would really do much for a stranger.

Though I don't believe i'd be as bad as you say, I'm talking about simple, basic food, and shelter. Nothing fancy, just the means to survive without being forced to work.

Wage slave, well, yes, but that's just like a slave of old, the only difference is we get to "choose" were we work. And in a lot of ways we're even worse off, because you can't even be guaranteed a simple minimum wage job. That's just shit. There are MILLIONS (that's right, 1 followed by fucking six zeros) of homeless people in America alone, without anywhere to go, no one gives a shit about them, the entire problem is swept under the rug because somehow people assume they're all drug addicts. Some are, most aren't.
    Last edited by Death's Chill; 05-24-2010 at 20:39.

Yummy.