Thread: Desert Combat

8000+

Default Desert Combat

Did anyone used to play the Desert Combat mod for bf1942?

Before I got into WoW in around 2004 or 2005, I played Desert Combat and I was actually really serious about it.

I was in an awesome clan and I miss those memories, and not to brag but I was pretty damn good with the shotgun, I got the nickname shotgun shaggy

Thinkin about gettin the bf series again, I think it's only 10 bucks for the original, Road to Rome, and Secret Weapons

1000+

i miss bf1942 can't wait for 1943 to come out on PC

EU/NA Lyle Odelein

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleyxd View Post
    is there a release date for it?

1000+

july 9 10

EU/NA Lyle Odelein

2000+

I rather BF3 i played 1943 on 360, its not that great. probably because its a fps on console.
    Last edited by Grisu; 05-17-2010 at 02:48.

1000+

If they increase the servers player limit on PC it should be fun for 15$. I think console servs only hold 24 players :X

EU/NA Lyle Odelein

6000+

they are ruining the Battlefield franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by NapalmEnema View Post
    I'll also find out where SSGuy is and blow him. Shaft, balls, swallow the gravy.

IRC Moderator

Desert Combat was pretty cool, especially seeing people trying to fly helicopters.
    Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Also, not really an IRC moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleyxd View Post
    FUCK THE FOLLOWING:

Any more god damn fucking FPS games taking place in the WW2 theater. I mean seriously... how many more times do we have to be forced to shoot fools with crappy fucking weapons like the m1 Garrond?

God damn I hate WW2 games at this point... Re-make Vietnam or something, not fucking WW2 again.

Jesus fucking christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

Banned

It is most difficult game i played ever.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post

FUCK THE FOLLOWING:

Any more god damn fucking FPS games taking place in the WW2 theater. I mean seriously... how many more times do we have to be forced to shoot fools with crappy fucking weapons like the m1 Garrond?

God damn I hate WW2 games at this point... Re-make Vietnam or something, not fucking WW2 again.

Jesus fucking christ.
    WW2 games are great because of bolt action rifles. thats why i prefer cod1 and 2 over any other ones. if they allowed you to take the scope off of a sniper in the newer cod games then that would be awesome. and no i dont mean just putting a fucking ACOG scope or red dot on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grisu View Post
    WW2 games are great because of bolt action rifles. thats why i prefer cod1 and 2 over any other ones. if they allowed you to take the scope off of a sniper in the newer cod games then that would be awesome. and no i dont mean just putting a fucking ACOG scope or red dot on it.
    You really aren't tired of the WW2 as a genre? Wow... there have only been like 1233413242 games made in that time period. How can you not be sick of that shit by now? World At War is a year or so old, we need another WW2 game like a fucking hole in the head.

8000+

I'm tired of the WW2 genre, that's why Desert Combat is so much pwnage, oh and also I was badass in jets and helis. in a helicopter I could sometimes take a jet head-on by facing towards it when it come back and firing all missiles off, and with a jet (in capture the flag, my favorite) I could go to the enemy flag, make the jet do a loop, jump out, grab the flag, and the jet loops under me and I jump back in and take off

Quote Originally Posted by Jedicake View Post
    I'm tired of the WW2 genre, that's why Desert Combat is so much pwnage, oh and also I was badass in jets and helis. in a helicopter I could sometimes take a jet head-on by facing towards it when it come back and firing all missiles off, and with a jet (in capture the flag, my favorite) I could go to the enemy flag, make the jet do a loop, jump out, grab the flag, and the jet loops under me and I jump back in and take off
    I did love that mod, but I was derailing your thread to argue with someone eagerly awaiting BF 1943.