Hybrid View

3000+

Default Travalling the World

So basically I am planning to travel. I have a shit load of guides and booklets, etc. But I find the same problem with each of them. There to organized. I'm sick of "your going to do this! And you'll meet amazing people!".. One of the brochures said, I kid thee not.

"Whilst in Mongolia you will live with indigenous Nomads, and to add to the authenticity sleep in the same huts. (Note- Huts have on-suite bathrooms attached)."....

I have created three routes on my own, now Route 2 defiantly is my favourite and is the one I would like to take the most. But I'm looking for feedback on them, so just give me your thoughts and ideas and any experiences you've had traveling.

And in a relevant note, I heard it cost about £2000 to travel the world for a year. (which is how long I plan to go, but I wouldn't say no too stretching it). And taking £2000 requires no flights or luxuries. Which is fine with me, I am determined not to take a plane anywhere on this trip. But can someone please vairify it for me?

Thanks for your help.
    http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5625/citesworldm.png

EDIT: I'm not sure how to organize this. I have been on several sites and non of them offer me any ideas. I have no idea about the visas for certain countries or how it will work. Can someone also please help me find a relevant site?
    Last edited by MattMystrieo; 05-09-2010 at 19:14.

Come to Sweden, Piteå. Live the true viking/farmer life, with milk and cookies for breakfast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayday408 View Post
    Lol blatant obvious kid is blatant.

You gotta be the scrawniest fucking multiple personality disorder loner nerd to first hack in a terrible game, then to make videos with GOD-AWFUL music to try and showcase it as you having skill
    Quote Originally Posted by LoD EE View Post
    Video killed the radio star and magery killed darkfall.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Banka plixz View Post
    Come to Sweden, Piteå. Live the true viking/farmer life, with milk and cookies for breakfast!
    I had to leave Sweden of all the routes, but it does look interesting! Milk and cookies for breakfast does sound good!

I do want to visit Scandinavia, but I'm thinking that will come on a later trip.

3000+ Long term follower

You're 19, you don't have nearly as much of an idea about what it takes to travel the world as you think you do. You'll get robbed, lost, murdered, or some combination of that. Your best bet is to hold on to that $4,000 and use it to build a better life where you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berhan
    less wrong than raping, but still wrong enough...

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by NewRage View Post
    You're 19, you don't have nearly as much of an idea about what it takes to travel the world as you think you do. You'll get robbed, lost, murdered, or some combination of that. Your best bet is to hold on to that $4,000 and use it to build a better life where you are.
    Don't tell him this- let him have his super happy funtimes in Africa with the cannibalistic natives.

Normal User

Be prepared to sleep in places you do not want to, eat things you do not want to, deal with angry locals.

If one tip I can give you BE ORGANIZED. Something will go wrong at some point, lost money, stolen fanny pack while you're piss drunk at some local hole. Always have a plan B. And Keep money to get home on a short notice.

And don't do drugs mmkay?

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Banka plixz View Post
    OMW!

to op: http://www.couchsurfing.org/

do route 3 first, then 1, then route 2.
    AnarchAbolical Killers
    Quote Originally Posted by Aacevedo
    jajajajja , in my country "raja" is the name we give to the line formed by the ass cheeks :lmao:
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyraccoon
    That's actually pretty sexy.

Normal User

Have fun in africa...lol

5000+

africas not so bad if you know where to go... the indigenous people will probably kill you for your belongings and money though..

like someone else said, at 19, you have no idea what it takes to travel the world. $4000 and a cute mspaint drawing is where you should start, you're right. but unless you have a vast array of survival, language, and observational skills you will not last. primarily your survival skills are important especially if you are considering "no luxuries"

i had a friend like you who went to china and then travelled all across asia and eastern europe.. he got shot twice by a robber for less than $500 in bumblefuck, indonesia or somewhere. he survived and went home a couple days after he got out of the hospital. his original intention was to write a book, and when i asked him how that went, well the robbers took his writing too.

GZ nub you will probably die out there.
    Originally Posted by Daggermaniac
    The only DF player that I have expected of Aim Botting is Zato Ichi.

Dont go to Belgium.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by MattMystrieo View Post
    So basically I am planning to travel. I have a shit load of guides and booklets, etc. But I find the same problem with each of them. There to organized. I'm sick of "your going to do this! And you'll meet amazing people!".. One of the brochures said, I kid thee not.

"Whilst in Mongolia you will live with indigenous Nomads, and to add to the authenticity sleep in the same huts. (Note- Huts have on-suite bathrooms attached)."....

I have created three routes on my own, now Route 2 defiantly is my favourite and is the one I would like to take the most. But I'm looking for feedback on them, so just give me your thoughts and ideas and any experiences you've had traveling.

And in a relevant note, I heard it cost about £2000 to travel the world for a year. (which is how long I plan to go, but I wouldn't say no too stretching it). And taking £2000 requires no flights or luxuries. Which is fine with me, I am determined not to take a plane anywhere on this trip. But can someone please vairify it for me?

Thanks for your help.
    http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5625/citesworldm.png

EDIT: I'm not sure how to organize this. I have been on several sites and non of them offer me any ideas. I have no idea about the visas for certain countries or how it will work. Can someone also please help me find a relevant site?
    i really wanna go to eastern Europe and russia but i dont even know where to start =(
    Playing Darkfall Since 22nd Of July 2009.

US attack on Iran Unacceptable-Russian Military

IRISH and PROUD.
    Fuck yer honda civic i'va horse outside!

Quote Originally Posted by MattMystrieo View Post
    And in a relevant note, I heard it cost about £2000 to travel the world for a year. (which is how long I plan to go, but I wouldn't say no too stretching it). And taking £2000 requires no flights or luxuries. Which is fine with me, I am determined not to take a plane anywhere on this trip.
    I hope you're trolling. If not: delete all those lines from that map and place a big dot right where you live. And stay there.

Darkfall Moderators are not paid employees of Aventurine.
    In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions

12,000+

I would make it 10k and travel to stable regions. 2k will get you around but not for a year.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"

Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

Banned

Go the route of Che Guevera and stick to Route Three.

Africa's not so bad, while if you can avoid some troubled hot spots, and go to Kenya, Ethiopia and the Horn and make it to Namibia and Southern Africa then its all good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brainfreeze View Post
    I hope you're trolling. If not: delete all those lines from that map and place a big dot right where you live. And stay there.
    This as well. Unless you plan on bussing throughout, then make some more money.