Normal User

Default Face of Mankind, Who's playing?

I played the FoM beta back in december for a while with a friend and had a blast. You virtually could do anything back in beta if you wanted to. I was thinking about going back and found out now they have both free accounts and premiums accounts, which cost 9.99 a month. So I'm just wondering if anyone plays and how it has changed since Open Beta

2000+

Have had a few stabs at it and finding it hard to learn how the world works, rules etc. Going to try the ingame tutorial thing they've supposedly just added.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by raffraff View Post
    Have had a few stabs at it and finding it hard to learn how the world works, rules etc. Going to try the ingame tutorial thing they've supposedly just added.
    The in-game tutorial is indeed pretty interesting there appears to still be a healthy population and the addition of a tutorial will hopefully add to that.
    Blood Of Kings

All you do is stand around to do the quests or make items. The combat is a pretty basic shooter thing. Game is boring fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomrender View Post
    All you do is stand around to do the quests or make items. The combat is a pretty basic shooter thing. Game is boring fast.
    Yea, but my friend and I, part of that enforcer corp in open beta, went to some area that had a huge group of enforcers patrolling. We threw grenades into the group and stayed out of sight and chaos ensued. It was pretty fun getting put on the most wanted list and getting thrown out of the enforcer corp. Can be fun, but I can see it getting bored. It's like WWII online, I can only play it for a month at time tops.
    Last edited by Bombay1361; 05-08-2010 at 02:44.

Banned

I've played for a few months, and has seen improvements in some aspects, although I'd favor a strong RP improvement. When I got factionkicked twice, I quit, considering how faction leaders are now giant douches.
    Last edited by StrawberryClock; 05-08-2010 at 03:30.

I played Face of Mankind during the first and second open beta, as well as several months of its '10 release as Winab Vookera, leading GoM as a R6. Frequent updates streamlined the interface, balanced combat, fixed numerous bugs, and generally improved the gameplay experience. I would recommend downloading the client and playing with a free account. If you enjoy it, consider upgrading to premium status, but it's honestly not necessary unless you seek political influence as a high ranking faction member. Your combat effectiveness is unaffected, and while earning a profit is quicker with greater production capacity, wealth is ridiculously easy to acquire, regardless.

While circumstances have undoubtedly changed during my absence, if you are wondering which faction to join, I would suggest the LED, GoM, or FDC. The LED handles a significant quantity of recruits and can be relied upon for regimented training, a solid introduction to gameplay mechanics, and constant objectives. GoM is less formal, more willing to individually assist players, and allows for rapid rank advancement. FDC is similar to the LED, but militaristic in nature.

MotB is extremely unaccomodating, the corporations tend to be unstable, and BoS is typically disorganized. Given that I haven't logged in for nearly two months, these assessments could be antiquated, so judge for yourself after entering the game.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryClock View Post
    I've played for a few months, and has seen improvements in some aspects, although I'd favor a strong RP improvement. When I got factionkicked twice, I quit, considering how faction leaders are now giant douches.
    Faction leaders are routinely bombarded with requests and demands from the playerbase, and due to the frequency with which these conflict, any important decision brings consequences that anger or alienate certain parties. The key is to maintain perspective, recognize the goals of others, and carefully select one's associates, realizing that some relationships and means to ends are best kept hidden.
    Last edited by GFH_Spike; 05-08-2010 at 08:49.
    http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2559/zebrahitlerie8.gif
    "Do not kick poor Spike, for he is old and weak and cannot harm you."
    Killer 86%/Explorer 73%/Achiever 20%/Socializer 20%
    Previously playing Shadowbane with The Crimson Brotherhood

Normal User

that game looks really cool i dont get it though can you like fly around to diffrent planets or what? and is flying around like you just click a planet and automatically get there or...
    Playing Darkfall Since 22nd Of July 2009.

US attack on Iran Unacceptable-Russian Military

IRISH and PROUD.
    Fuck yer honda civic i'va horse outside!

Quote Originally Posted by jakeoc View Post
    that game looks really cool i dont get it though can you like fly around to diffrent planets or what? and is flying around like you just click a planet and automatically get there or...
    Each planet, other than Earth, features a single colony. Earth itself is represented by Tokyo, New York City, and Paris. The worlds are housed on individual servers clustered together, and can be visited by utilizing the Vortex Gate system that links together mankind. The colonies and cities are distinct zones that must be loaded, and space flight is absent.

Basically, you click on a planet from the Vortex map and automatically arrive there.
    http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2559/zebrahitlerie8.gif
    "Do not kick poor Spike, for he is old and weak and cannot harm you."
    Killer 86%/Explorer 73%/Achiever 20%/Socializer 20%
    Previously playing Shadowbane with The Crimson Brotherhood

FoM seemed like a decent sandbox game. I might have to check it out again.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!