Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 848575859 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Gortha View Post
    You are talking the same shit again.

This is a Role-Playing game. But its unbalanced, because only the max-all-ways-of-cambot-Style is the way to play major-leage.

In a Role-Playing-Game there should be options for other playstyles which
    are almost en par/balanced.

And LolLoLlOL
    You also can´t compare the capitalist performance society to Darkfall you little Troll.
    And if you try to, try it better. In real life performance society there are many ways to earn much money. There are many roles which are effective.

Now, stop bothering me with you liberal, AV-B**lslicking view.

Thanks, bye.
    Basically it is you who are trolling, since I provide arguments and examples, while all you can type is "LolLoLlOL" - which definitely describe you as a poor-minded person. You once again miss that Darkfall is not a yet-another-role-playing-game out there in the internets. Darkfall was orginally created to be a "massive by design hardcore pvp game not for everyone". If the only way for you to fight other is to max-all-ways-of-combat - it is your own issue. History of Darkfall has seen people who were godlike with archery (and preferred to fight using archery) or mounted fighting (and used to use monts to their advantage where ever they were fighting). Those people had their play style and were using a really limited set of in-game skills - because those were enough for them to win taking into account their player skills. So if you can't come up with your own winning play style - maybe you should learn to play? Try training aiming and keyboard control a good program to do that is ClickMer - you can find it in internets. Once you have your player skills in place it would be a lot easier to pick a play style that will fit into your player style. Problem is that if you don't have enough player skill you really need everything to compensate that.

P.S: talking generic stuff like "there are many ways", "this can be done differently", "there are > 9000 methods" won't bring you far, please provide more detailed arguments (if you can)

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by 0wNag3 View Post
    Basically it is you who are trolling, since I provide arguments and examples, while all you can type is "LolLoLlOL" - which definitely describe you as a poor-minded person. You once again miss that Darkfall is not a yet-another-role-playing-game out there in the internets. Darkfall was orginally created to be a "massive by design hardcore pvp game not for everyone". If the only way for you to fight other is to max-all-ways-of-combat - it is your own issue. History of Darkfall has seen people who were godlike with archery (and preferred to fight using archery) or mounted fighting (and used to use monts to their advantage where ever they were fighting). Those people had their play style and were using a really limited set of in-game skills - because those were enough for them to win taking into account their player skills. So if you can't come up with your own winning play style - maybe you should learn to play? Try training aiming and keyboard control a good program to do that is ClickMer - you can find it in internets. Once you have your player skills in place it would be a lot easier to pick a play style that will fit into your player style. Problem is that if you don't have enough player skill you really need everything to compensate that.

P.S: talking generic stuff like "there are many ways", "this can be done differently", "there are > 9000 methods" won't bring you far, please provide more detailed arguments (if you can)

Regards.

Ugh, you're fucking retarded and won't understand no matter what I write, but I'll do it anyway. Oh and in case you didn't get it already, you're fucking retarded, just so if nothing else maybe that will get through, I guess not though.

Yes history of Darkfall has shown indeed that players using other styles of combat than magic being very successful. Me myself was definitely one of the best melee fighters in the months after launch, despite having a very underdeveloped character. And as you say there was also people being godlike with archery like Nyet Not and that guy from RH and then of course Celiah with his maddening mount use. However this was all before the time when people started to get their magics leveled high enough that it'd become ridiculously OP(that was around the time that I quit btw) and now I've come back to a game where that is the only viable form of combat if you want to be successful in high end PvP.

There is absolutely no one amongst the best PvPers not using heavy nukes and magic. Doesn't matter how good someone is player-wise anymore, if he comes up against someone with high leveled magics, he's fucked. And the only way to counter that is by leveling up your own magic. And I feel it's effectively killing this game off.

If it was a question about playerskill, then why don't we see other styles of combat being successful huh? And no you're not really providing arguments and examples, you're just being retarded and a troll.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Zushakon View Post
    Ugh, you're fucking retarded and won't understand no matter what I write, but I'll do it anyway. Oh and in case you didn't get it already, you're fucking retarded, just so if nothing else maybe that will get through, I guess not though.

Yes history of Darkfall has shown indeed that players using other styles of combat than magic being very successful. Me myself was definitely one of the best melee fighters in the months after launch, despite having a very underdeveloped character. And as you say there was also people being godlike with archery like Nyet Not and that guy from RH and then of course Celiah with his maddening mount use. However this was all before the time when people started to get their magics leveled high enough that it'd become ridiculously OP(that was around the time that I quit btw) and now I've come back to a game where that is the only viable form of combat if you want to be successful in high end PvP.

There is absolutely no one amongst the best PvPers not using heavy nukes and magic. Doesn't matter how good someone is player-wise anymore, if he comes up against someone with high leveled magics, he's fucked. And the only way to counter that is by leveling up your own magic. And I feel it's effectively killing this game off.

If it was a question about playerskill, then why don't we see other styles of combat being successful huh? And no you're not really providing arguments and examples, you're just being retarded and a troll.
    Ok, so your two main arguments are me being retarded and being a troll - this really explains your position (and the way of thinking) nicely. You see your problem is that you try to map your personal feelings ("And I feel it's effectively killing this game off." (q)) to everybody else. Like - you are free to feel like whatever you do, for example - I really don't feel like that. So what? There is more than one trick in game to force person using magic stop doing that. Problem with you and those like you is that you don't want to think, like it was with archery at the beginning when everybody was crying that Archery is OP and magic has to be more powerful, then when mounted combat with transmuted weapons was also considered OP. Stop finding excuses for you losing, try to think why that happened or just say "this is to complicated for me please disable my account". Back to the topic - good fighter can use everything to his advantage - so if I can use magic - why not? But still I will focus on what works for me better. Like it is stupid not to get buffs and/or heals - just because you are an archer and not healer. Though your poor argumentation is really pathetic and not interesting.

Ok, so your two main arguments are me being retarded and being a troll - this really explains your position (and the way of thinking) nicely. You see your problem is that you try to map your personal feelings ("And I feel it's effectively killing this game off." (q)) to everybody else. Like - you are free to feel like whatever you do, for example - I really don't feel like that. So what? There is more than one trick in game to force person using magic stop doing that. Problem with you and those like you is that you don't want to think, like it was with archery at the beginning when everybody was crying that Archery is OP and magic has to be more powerful, then when mounted combat with transmuted weapons was also considered OP. Stop finding excuses for you losing, try to think why that happened or just say "this is to complicated for me please disable my account". Back to the topic - good fighter can use everything to his advantage - so if I can use magic - why not? But still I will focus on what works for me better. Like it is stupid not to get buffs and/or heals - just because you are an archer and not healer. Though your poor argumentation is really pathetic and not interesting.
    See? You just keep spouting non-sense bullshit.

I don't want to think? Well the problem is that's exactly what I am doing, and there is absolutely no effective way to counter magic, without using magic by yourself, as things are now. Now I happen to be one of the more skillful players, but now let's put that aside and think of it in this way instead; if magic is so easy to counter, why has no one done it? Are you saying a whole playerbase(with the exception being you of course) is being retarded and don't see the possibilities with the current balance?

Excuses of why I'm losing? lol, this is no death rant, this simply logical observation of the fighting styles being used on the server and what is prevailing. Stop being a presumptuous retard and telling me to think for myself when all the evidence is pointing to me being your superior as far intelligence goes.

good fighter can use everything to his advantage - so if I can use magic - why not?
    And yet again you make it all too obvious how ridiculously ignorant and retarded you are. The problem here is that magic is the only way of fighting that is truly effective. Doesn't fucking matter how much of a good fighter you are, if you don't use high level nukes and other magic, you're fucked. Effectively forcing everyone to become the ridiculous hybrid type of character we see everyone using now.

Normal User

See? You just keep spouting non-sense bullshit.

I don't want to think? Well the problem is that's exactly what I am doing, and there is absolutely no effective way to counter magic, without using magic by yourself, as things are now. Now I happen to be one of the more skillful players, but now let's put that aside and think of it in this way instead; if magic is so easy to counter, why has no one done it? Are you saying a whole playerbase(with the exception being you of course) is being retarded and don't see the possibilities with the current balance?

Excuses of why I'm losing? lol, this is no death rant, this simply logical observation of the fighting styles being used on the server and what is prevailing. Stop being a presumptuous retard and telling me to think for myself when all the evidence is pointing to me being your superior as far intelligence goes.

And yet again you make it all too obvious how ridiculously ignorant and retarded you are. The problem here is that magic is the only way of fighting that is truly effective. Doesn't fucking matter how much of a good fighter you are, if you don't use high level nukes and other magic, you're fucked. Effectively forcing everyone to become the ridiculous hybrid type of character we see everyone using now.
    See I am not calling your poor argumenting bullshit, instead I am trying to get your point and show to you how wrong you are. On contrary you continue thinking that you are the only person who know the truth and insist on god knows what without giving proper arguments. But ok...

Well you really don't want to think, because if you really wanted you won't be bitching on the phorumfall and will be looking for possibilities. Have you fought everybody on the server to say about "no one"? I've seen at least two people who nicely made it impossible (useless) to use magic while fighting them. You see for unknown reason you think that if YOU can't do something nobody else will ever be able to (perhaps you are Gingers alt?). I really don't have my magic nukes maxed, been more focusing on buffing and healing and still get my kills or can get my way out if I have an issue. Though the talk is not about us two playing, but about a generic case. And for that one I already stated several times why current approach is better. Just because it gives more freedom in using all the skills you have and keeps game balanced.

See I am not calling your poor argumenting bullshit, instead I am trying to get your point and show to you how wrong you are. On contrary you continue thinking that you are the only person who know the truth and insist on god knows what without giving proper arguments. But ok...

Well you really don't want to think, because if you really wanted you won't be bitching on the phorumfall and will be looking for possibilities. Have you fought everybody on the server to say about "no one"? I've seen at least two people who nicely made it impossible (useless) to use magic while fighting them. You see for unknown reason you think that if YOU can't do something nobody else will ever be able to (perhaps you are Gingers alt?). I really don't have my magic nukes maxed, been more focusing on buffing and healing and still get my kills or can get my way out if I have an issue. Though the talk is not about us two playing, but about a generic case. And for that one I already stated several times why current approach is better. Just because it gives more freedom in using all the skills you have and keeps game balanced.
    Who were those two people and how did they do it?

Just because it gives more freedom in using all the skills you have and keeps game balanced.
    And wtf are you talking about? Current system give you the freedom of choosing to use magic or not to use magic, with the latter option resulting in a good ass rape if you come up against a good player using the former.

Normal User

Who were those two people and how did they do it?
    Use your own brain. It was infamous helba for the first one and I don't remember the nick of the second one.

And wtf are you talking about? Current system give you the freedom of choosing to use magic or not to use magic, with the latter option resulting in a good ass rape if you come up against a good player using the former.
    This means only one thing - you are just not good enough for the playstyle you selected - so use magic if you THINK you have no choice, but don't blame the game.

Use your own brain. It was infamous helba for the first one and I don't remember the nick of the second one.

This means only one thing - you are just not good enough for the playstyle you selected - so use magic if you THINK you have no choice, but don't blame the game.
    Who the fuck is Infamous Helba? Never even heard of the guy before so obviously he can't be doing that well. Also I was doing amongst the best on the server before I quit so

Normal User

Who the fuck is Infamous Helba? Never even heard of the guy before so obviously he can't be doing that well. Also I was doing amongst the best on the server before I quit so
    It's first time I hear about Zushakon so no wonders you haven't heard about people I know. Maybe you were doing well, but who knows you except for yourself.. Maybe you were not doing that well if you don't know other good players (subjectively good) or you are an alt of Ginger?

It's first time I hear about Zushakon so no wonders you haven't heard about people I know. Maybe you were doing well, but who knows you except for yourself.. Maybe you were not doing that well if you don't know other good players (subjectively good) or you are an alt of Ginger?
    Well I made it to the semi-finals in the first ever tournament(losing to haeso by like on hit) despite having a very underdeveloped char(I missed the first month due to AV's trouble of accepting my credit card) and I had beaten most of afghan's best PvPers in duels(given I lost some and I won some ofc but still) and I could beat most normal players in groups of 5 so.. yeah, it wasn't like I was the best or anything, Nyet Not and that guy from Robin Hood were fucking great with the jump archery thingy in those days and it was kinda hard to counter so they fucked me up pretty good.

Anyway, end of the line, I'm not a bad enough player that I could be accused of not being good enough for the playstyle I used to be amongst the best in(which is mainly melee, archery when you can't hit with melee and magics for healing and buffing). And tbh I think that's too much fucking hybrid already lol

STFU both of you. Your both wrong im right I win

Normal User

Well I made it to the semi-finals in the first ever tournament(losing to haeso by like on hit) despite having a very underdeveloped char(I missed the first month due to AV's trouble of accepting my credit card) and I had beaten most of afghan's best PvPers in duels(given I lost some and I won some ofc but still) and I could beat most normal players in groups of 5 so.. yeah, it wasn't like I was the best or anything, Nyet Not and that guy from Robin Hood were fucking great with the jump archery thingy in those days and it was kinda hard to counter so they fucked me up pretty good.

Anyway, end of the line, I'm not a bad enough player that I could be accused of not being good enough for the playstyle I used to be amongst the best in(which is mainly melee, archery when you can't hit with melee and magics for healing and buffing). And tbh I think that's too much fucking hybrid already lol
    Sorry was never that interested in tournaments and other official fightings, always preferred ambushing, backstabbing and stuff (just my play style). Have heard something about Haeso, though never seen him.. Completely don't know who Nyet Not is.. So sorry your l33t PvPers are not of much authority for me either.

2000+ Long term follower

I would like to point out that this game is grinding L2 style and more. This is not a game in any way that provides reasonable timetables for the working folk. The attitude during developement to now is pretty funny. I know the team is much much older then orginal but come on guys... I dont work my ass off all day to come home to an MMO that requires me to work for another 4 hours for 3-6 monthes just to be able to enjoy some of this illusive freedom DF is supposed to supply. Then Im sentenced to massive harvesting and crafting along with jokable PVE just so I can continue to enjoy myself. Im no basement dweller and most gamers are not either. So how about a little love for the people who are currently paying your bills? Money does not grow on trees.

Im sorry to say it but this game has gone from a vision of fun to a vison of hampster wheeling. Every time you try to step ahead you are rewarded with more mind numbing bullshit.

Fun shit:

-viable and easily atainable rune system
    -2x skill advancement
    -hire some young folks in there 20s.
    -Make archery and melee viable again(dont start, numbers dont lie)
    -enough of the gear gap, UO had it before EA fubar the game
    -Make the interface usable, why should I have to take an advanced course on scripting just to make this game work?

Let this little Pwnage-Troll talk his shit, he doesn´t know who he´s talking to,
    well just have a look when he started, march.

He´s trying to tell me and all others Learn To Play.

LoL, my controls are tuned with makros already, i have good aim, i am good at melee - but i hate magic, so i only have fire, lesser, greater at 100, training bubble right now.
    I want to try a attempt to beat the basic template every High-End-Vets playing with archery along with bubbling, tongue rot, burden, vit/str & melee debuffs. No EyeRot, no Pungeon Mist, No Blast, No Nukes(paerhaps 1 or 2 for the knockybacks), no magic beside the ones i named above.

I am sure this dickhead, wouldn´t even beat me with all his magic.
    But telling others LtP...
    Gortha - Gesandte der Einherjar
    www.online-age.de

Normal User

If there is but one truth to any gaming forum, its that everyone always bitches about something.

So, lets say they put a hard cap in the game. What happens then? People are just going to bitch when the skills they choose end up sucking due to poor balance and then they come right back here to the forums and whine again. Not only this, but a hard cap would not even solve the problem of diversity in the game. Why? Because everyone is just going to flock to the same FOTM combo that currently owns in PvP and the end result is that every character will be the exact same, which isn't a whole lot different than what you already have except that under the current system you won't have to regrind your skills again when the FOTM changes to something different. With a hard cap, you must regrind everytime changes are made to mechanics which is NOT fun.

So, lets say they add in prestige classes. What happens then? People are just going to bitch when they choose a prestige class that doesn't issue the WTFPWNBBQ to everyone they fight. The result? People will continue to come to the forums in droves and bitch about how they are forced to take certain prestige enhancements if they want to be viable in PvP. Same shit, different day.

And what about the grind? Well, I think some people just feel like they cannot win a PvP encounter unless they have maxed stats and maxed every single skill in the game. Well guess what? You're wrong. Take it from me as im probably one of the greener noobs on the NA server right now (my character is two weeks old) and I have already racked up 28 kills and only 15 deaths and I haven't even spent a great deal of time looking for PvP yet. Some of the kills I have gotten came against guys that tried to gank me when I was mining!!!! NEVER have I once been killed by someone that uses magic, though im sure it will happen soon and im sure I will not like it very much. But people on these forums seem to act as if every single player running around in the game has maxed every school of magic and wears dragon armor and shoots arrows out of their asshole for 300 dmg, yada yada yada. I have not seen one character like this yet. Even the times I have died, most all of my fights have been VERY close.

Would I be opposed to reducing grind? Obviously not, im a noob and I look forward to maxing alot of shit on my toon. But on the other hand, I don't think the grind is what the real issue is with the game. I think the issue based on my judgement so far is that there isn't alot else to do other than grind or PvP. Maybe, if AV could somehow fix that problem (wont be easy), the game wouldnt seem to grindy. But as it stands, im definately feeling the grind and thats why im starting to back off it and just enjoy the game. And so far, its been a blast.

But people would just rather bitch and moan I guess thats what they have more fun doing. To each his own, but I know one thing and that I will be busy playing the game and having fun despite all these "mysterious" phantom issues I keep reading about on the forums that are coming from a bunch of people that probably do not even play the game.

Peace