Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3948495059 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 901
  1. #721
    5000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexxer View Post
    Clearly they dont play this game.

    You cannot progress your character in DF within a reasonable time frame by just playing the game. You need to resort to stupid shit like AFkswimming, macroing and hacking rocks/trees for countless hours/days months to progress. That is what is broken.

    After 6 months of playing on NA just doing pvp/pve almost nightly I had 285 hit points.
    I hit 280 after 8 months and now I have 343 just get the proper way to do it and it will be fine...

    or wait banhammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    I've never lifted in my life but I'll go and see how much I can bench and let you guys know.

  2. #722
    3000+
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexxer View Post
    Clearly they dont play this game.

    You cannot progress your character in DF within a reasonable time frame by just playing the game. You need to resort to stupid shit like AFkswimming, macroing and hacking rocks/trees for countless hours/days months to progress. That is what is broken.

    After 6 months of playing on NA just doing pvp/pve almost nightly I had 285 hit points.
    Yeah I think they are a little out of touch with character progression and the times they gave are unrealistic unless you are spending a decent amount of time(5+hrs a day) playing or you spend almost all of your time doing boring grinding.

    I'm 7 months in casually(12-15hrs/week) with a 1 month break and I have ~310 natural HP but that's because I spent a large amount of my game time gathering wood/iron and crafting.

    I'd like to see stat gains up to 50-60 increased and post 50 slowed down so that the total time is the same for max level but at least allow players to reach the 50 stat requirements for many skills/abilities within 1-2 months of 3hrs/day play without making them grind and take the fun of the game.

    -Andrew
    Kimoshu Grakenshalmn

    Middleman Rep

  3. #723

    Default

    Players who play more should be rewarded with better characters than those who do not play as much.

    However, players who play more should not be given grossly huge advantages over players who play less (such as have 80-100 more hit points than their competition).

    Hopefully "diminishing" returns will address this.

    Power characters can already heavily out-dps their opponents. They don't need a large pool of extra health to secure their advantage, but they should have more health because of their time investment.

    I have faith that AV will address this in a fair, reasonable way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    ~Dorn Divin
    SG of Hastati

  4. #724
    25,000+ xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    32,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimoshu View Post
    Yeah I think they are a little out of touch with character progression and the times they gave are unrealistic unless you are spending a decent amount of time(5+hrs a day) playing or you spend almost all of your time doing boring grinding.

    I'm 7 months in casually(12-15hrs/week) with a 1 month break and I have ~310 natural HP but that's because I spent a large amount of my game time gathering wood/iron and crafting.

    I'd like to see stat gains up to 50-60 increased and post 50 slowed down so that the total time is the same for max level but at least allow players to reach the 50 stat requirements for many skills/abilities within 1-2 months of 3hrs/day play without making them grind and take the fun of the game.

    -Andrew
    You misread what they were saying. They were saying these are the times we expect character to reach these levels, HP wasn't happening so we are changing it.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread


    Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

  5. #725
    10,000+ Sarphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfiend#billy View Post
    Players who play more should be rewarded with better characters than those who do not play as much.

    However, players who play more should not be given grossly huge advantages over players who play less (such as have 80-100 more hit points than their competition).

    Hopefully "diminishing" returns will address this.

    Power characters can already heavily out-dps their opponents. They don't need a large pool of extra health to secure their advantage, but they should have more health because of their time investment.

    I have faith that AV will address this in a fair, reasonable way.
    I agree.

    I just hope diminishing returns just recalculates everybody's HP. I can't see how it could do anything other than recalc hp and still achieve the stated objective.

    I think it's pretty lame that most of the guys I fight have 50-100 more hp than me. I think access to high end gear is enough of an advantage for vets like myself and we souldn't need to have 100 more hp than the newbies.
    - Sarphus.

  6. #726
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I just wanted to say, I think adding a way to tell how powerful someone is would help newbies like myself alot...

    Wouldn't it be awesome to just look at someone and be like... "ITS OVER 9000!"

  7. #727
    1000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Within the Shadows
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    I love the fact that you can't see someone's 'level'.

    Mostly you can figure it out based on how they move. Some move like oiled ferrets, and then its time to run.

    Others run into trees, turn around and changes direction..

  8. #728
    7000+ Kasmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wotan88 View Post
    Oh yeah they are quitting. I know some playing since Beta and they're still having a bomb and very competitive pvp.

    I've seen whiners ruining way too many games. Darkfall was always advertised as a hardcore game so I ask you why for the sake of god should carebears takeover this game? Doesn't make much sense to me. Like I said I'm a noobie and I know I won't be able to match the veterans next week but in 2 or 3 months I'm able to do it and looking forward to this point.

    Quit complaining about grind grind is part of a mmorpg. Maybe some people are just spoiled with carebear games like Lotro, Everquest 2, LoL, Warhammer its ok but coming here and wanting the same instant BS would kill this game.

    Are you certain of the so called NGE ? What AV is trying to do here will come very close and its a dangerous route to go. Guess what? People on the forums are the minority playing DF and finally learning how to do it is more fun than complaing till they get their mickeymouse version of the game.


    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the game is perfect (which game is?!) but personally I love it and I'm taking a strong opinion against dumbing down cause the whiners will never stop. Cry me a river I want hardcaps because I'm too stupid to figure out how to skill in a meaningful *wahwah*. There are already games satisfying that crowd.

    Darkfall is different in many ways and thats a good thing its clear not everyone will be satisfied but who cares. Different games for different people no problem here the problems are starting once people with different mindsets are trying to hijack "our" game.

    Anyway in most other games EXplayers aren't able to post on the forums would be a good thing here too.

    I'm not arguing with the whiners I like this game and will support it as long as it isn't dumbed down and don't fool yourself dimishing returns, temporary stat potions and prestige classes are a dumb down.
    You are a fucking idiot. Macroing a self buff 20 thousand fucking times to level it up is NOT hardcore. There is NOTHING hardcore about grinding mobs for hours upon hours spamming left mouse button. There is NOTHING hardcore about AFK macroing. There is NOTHING hardcore at all about an insane grind.

    You know what IS hardcore?

    Full loot is hardcore.

    Free for all PvP is hardcore.

    Competitive first person PvP is hardcore.

    Sieging and destroying someone's city is hardcore.

    Winning a battle against uneven odds is hardcore.

    BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, FUCKING GRINDING YOUR SOUL AWAY IN A BORING, REPETITIVE WAY, IS NOT... FUCKING... HARDCORE.

  9. #729
    Normal User grimfees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by breakyourarmor View Post
    ... you realize that you're posting in a thread made by the developers of Darkfall looking for some feedback on the current grind, right? There's a reason why they made this thread. There's a reason why they're implementing diminishing returns for vitality. It couldn't be because the developers realize that the thousands of threads/posts of people saying they're quitting Darkfall is taking its toll, right? You can "say" all you want, but the only "magical ass-pulling" going on in this thread is from idiots like yourself defending a carebear grind. The only proof that we have is in favor of drastically reducing the grind. GTFO WoW/EQ kid.


    Yes, I have "attention span problems" even when I've gone through a significant amount of the horrendous Darkfall grind.


    I don't know if you called me a carebear or not, but I'll gladly point out how much of a carebear you are. Competitive PvP will tide people over until AV adds more content/fluff.

    The only PvPers supporting the grind are ones that love having a significant character skill advantage over other people, simply because they can play 8+ hours everyday.
    LOL. find a different game, you fucking scrub. you live in your own little made up fantasy world. i don't have any character skill advantage over anyone, i lose way more 1vx encounters than i win. but i am able to see how across the board skill and stat gains will fuck this game and not address the true problem.

    the game needs balance and content and it could also use a skill cap (better) or prestige classes (worse) to provide some diversity and limitations to character advancement. what it doesn't need, is to be made into a shallow pvp arena-like game with dumbed-down character progression by dull-witted, adhd kiddies like yourself. tasos has pretty much said so in the op.

    you "i-want-pointless-arena-combat" clowns are fucking done. get over this and get over yourselves. you aren't getting guild wars or uo2. find a different game to cry about.
    Last edited by grimfees; 04-27-2010 at 22:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slisk View Post
    It's time to move away from the fast food spoon feeding that the current crop of MMO's pass off as "convenient" or "accessible". Darkfall has always aimed for a more challenging and rich experience.

  10. #730
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasmos View Post
    You are a fucking idiot. Macroing a self buff 20 thousand fucking times to level it up is NOT hardcore. There is NOTHING hardcore about grinding mobs for hours upon hours spamming left mouse button. There is NOTHING hardcore about AFK macroing. There is NOTHING hardcore at all about an insane grind.

    You know what IS hardcore?

    Full loot is hardcore.

    Free for all PvP is hardcore.

    Competitive first person PvP is hardcore.

    Sieging and destroying someone's city is hardcore.

    Winning a battle against uneven odds is hardcore.

    BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, FUCKING GRINDING YOUR SOUL AWAY IN A BORING, REPETITIVE WAY, IS NOT... FUCKING... HARDCORE.
    This.

    Too bad there are a few assholes that still think darkfall is fine lol when they dont even have a clue about whats a sandbox mmorpg. This retards come from online shooters and fancy korean rpgs and think they have a vote.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=378707&date  line=1270509316

  11. #731
    5000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grimfees View Post
    LOL. find a different game, you fucking scrub. you live in your own little made up fantasy world. i don't have any character skill advantage over anyone, i lose way more 1vx encounters than i win. but i am.. blablabla
    No one cares about you!

    Also

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrillegious View Post
    As long as people can get my point across, why would grammar/spelling matter? it doesnt thats why im smart. Im smart cause i dont give a fuck, cause i dont need too. At least here that is.

  12. #732
    3000+
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    You misread what they were saying. They were saying these are the times we expect character to reach these levels, HP wasn't happening so we are changing it.
    No I didn't misread it, I understand that they see HP as the biggest factor with stats/viability and I agree 100% that this change so long as it's done properly(I assume it will be) will really help in closing the gap and the unfair advantage that vets have on newer characters. Squishing paper-like newbies with little offense is not my idea of a challenge and therefor not fun.

    I was saying that the times they gave and the vague "mediocre" time that was stated makes me see that their version of mediocre is a lot different than my own. Skill progressions are fine with the exception of buffs/spell chanting could use a minor reduction in skill-up time but the beginning stats are a bit slow to get without forcing people to grind harvesting to raise them like Str/Vit. That's the only reason I have a decent amount of health(~310 natural) because I spent a good chunk of time investing in crafting and subsequently gathering.

    The way the gathering is set up in the game right now is that it pushes people to do it strictly for statgains when they aren't crafters. I'd like to see lower str/vit gains from mining/woodcutting and increase the wisdom gains, then increase str/vit gains from combat so that people don't just mine for the stats. Crafters want wisdom so reward them with more wisdom for gathering/crafting and dial back on other stat gains from crafting/gathering. Melee and archery users shouldn't have to gather/craft to gain their relevant stats in an efficient manner.

    -Andrew
    Kimoshu Grakenshalmn

    Middleman Rep

  13. #733
    Normal User grimfees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by korncob View Post
    Keep crying you big baby, you realize how many people actually want an increase in skill gains on this game?
    lol. i love the self-delusion from you grind whiners. we are fine with the time it takes to progress as-is and you are all crying to have it remade into instant gratification with a side of easy-mode. yet, somehow in your fucked up little bizarro world, the people who are just fine (for the most part) with the status quo are the whiners and the babies. that's some world class projection, right there.


    p.s. the game needs caps, skill decay, and server wipes. the game doesn't need 2-weeks to a maxed out character. you aren't getting shadowbane2 or uo2. time to end the waterworks and get on with your lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slisk View Post
    It's time to move away from the fast food spoon feeding that the current crop of MMO's pass off as "convenient" or "accessible". Darkfall has always aimed for a more challenging and rich experience.

  14. #734
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    329

    Default

    [QUOTE=grimfees;4232544]
    p.s. the game needs caps, skill decay, and server wipes..QUOTE]

    Wow.... pretty Fail. I hope you were joking.
    All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
    ---Sun Tzu---


    Quote Originally Posted by TheVillageIdiot View Post
    Health to mana will be your primary heal always

  15. #735
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labron View Post
    This.

    Too bad there are a few assholes that still think darkfall is fine lol when they dont even have a clue about whats a sandbox mmorpg. This retards come from online shooters and fancy korean rpgs and think they have a vote.
    You dont even play so I dont see how you think you have a "Vote" either
    All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
    ---Sun Tzu---


    Quote Originally Posted by TheVillageIdiot View Post
    Health to mana will be your primary heal always

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •