2000+

Exclamation Trial Accounts should not be able to gain Clan Bank access

My clan experienced one way of exploiting Trial Accounts last week: Creating accounts with a name extremely similar to a current high-ranking member, then when that member logs out of the clan for some peace-time crafting, apply to the clan and stand beside a bank until accepted, cleaning out the Clanbank within 10 seconds of being accepted.

Now, I don't mind being tricked by someone that has worked themselves into the clan, slowly gaining trust by his actions, as then the character would be a permanent one that I can take my revenge on afterwards. But this...

It's just an exploitation, a con using an accout that never will be used again. Too easy, too free from consequences afterwards, and too fucking stupid an application.

If it is THIS easy to lose everything one has worked gathering in for a year, it is a great deterrent to re-start the gathering. Demoralizing. Game-killing.

Solution is very simple:
    Do not allow Trial Accounts nor Characters under Newbie Protection time be able to be given permissions to Clan Banks.

Newbies can be given items anyway, by other Clan Members. As Recruits usually have it anyway.
    And if they wish to continue and upgrade their accounts, they will be able to be given Clan rights.
    Not to mention that this will give people an incentive to pay for playing, to gain access to the long-term functions of the game: clan life.

And, if someone started a new account and paid the upgrade fee, ripped off a bank, and then dumped the account, at least they have paid for proper currency. If they start a new character from an existing account, they need to dump the account's earlier character to create the new one with the fake name and then at least wait a few hours before doing it. And I will know that they have paid for the pleasure, as I have paid for mine.

By the way, I have terminated my subscription, why I am not writing this in the Suggestion's forum. Will repost this there if I return for the next Expansion.

Normal User

This is why you ALWAYS do VENT/TS/Mumble checks.

If they can't be bothered to hop on vent or whatever, that should be an automatic flag.
    ‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪Beradule Richthofen

5000+

you are stupid, and you are even more stupid not knowing that this is already illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    I've never lifted in my life but I'll go and see how much I can bench and let you guys know.

This type of scam's been around way before Trials were introduced.
    If scammers wants to scam - they'll do it without a trial account anyway. All they have to do is to re-create their character.
    I've been contacted by lnderstuctible before ( Lower case "L" instead of a capital i ). It's was even funnier when the above mentioned individual contacted Demise ( who's actual Indestructible's brother IRL ). We had a few good laughts in Vent and reported the scammer while Demise kept him online in tells.

Removing bank access rights for trial accounts wont change a thing...Players just have to stop being stupid and dont give out bank access rights without talking to the person in Vent first.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

2000+

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by sc0r0wnz View Post
    you are stupid, and you are even more stupid not knowing that this is already illegal.
    We did send in a ticket, but they thought the exchange of an "n" to an "m" in the middle of a long multi-part name was too obvious for them to act on it. Obviously they have had no education in how people read.

Fucking bastards should be glad some of Our clan still wish to continue to play, if they treat us that way, when the act is "illegal".
    Quote Originally Posted by DAA KAPUTTMACHA View Post
    They state that the only thing they can do is ban the account, not give things back.

Why this is needed, as banning a Trial account is in effect NO consequence. So, the fact that it is illegal will have no effect on them if they use Trial Accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanyok View Post
    This type of scam's been around way before Trials were introduced.
    If scammers wants to scam - they'll do it without a trial account anyway. All they have to do is to re-create their character.
    I've been contacted by lnderstuctible before ( Lower case "L" instead of a capital i ). It's was even funnier when the above mentioned individual contacted Demise ( who's actual Indestructible's brother IRL ). We had a few good laughts in Vent and reported the scammer while Demise kept him online in tells.

Removing bank access rights for trial accounts wont change a thing...Players just have to stop being stupid and dont give out bank access rights without talking to the person in Vent first.
    Yes, know that was is possible as well as done before.

Of course one do need to have some security measures as well in the future, but at times people are lazy ignorant idiots that do mistakes. It is human to err, so there is no excuse not to put in systems to at least punish the offenders.

Llimiting Trial accounts will make this at least limited to those paying for the pleasure, so they need to sacrifice SOMETHING, having the punishment of banning having some effect.

Not to mention that it will have a nice added effect of giving an incentive to buy a regular account, as one won't have proper Clan access without it. At least if this is implemented properly, instructions put in where needed and a sign explaining that the function will be available with a proper account

Normal User

I really don't wanna be a dick about it, but what about personal accountability?

Why does the game have to safeguard you from making foolish mistakes?

I am not a scammer, it's just something I no longer care to do. Not that I am bothered by it or don't know. I just find more enjoyment fucking with people in other ways now.

This policy though where they made it illegal to change character letters, WHEN YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE IN CLAN MENUS THE DIFFERENCE, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I don't like people cheating or doing things OUTSIDE the scope of the game, but simple tricks like i for an I or L or l have been around forever. I think that kinda shit is fair game.

The simple thing is, even though AV made a policy like this to scare people from doing this tactic, it's still going to happen. Just like you will sometimes run into someone using a radar cheat or whatever. You can't stop them all and you can't expect AV to catch everyone.

The best defense is experience and thorough follow through on things that don't seem quite right.

I don't feel sorry for you, it sucks but that is part of the beauty of this game for me, the freedom to be as kind as ghandi or as cruel as genghis khan.

You should be thankful that what they did is a bannable offense, that's carebear enough as it is. Also if they did use the same information for their main account, it will be banned also. Pretty harsh penalty for tricking someone using in game means.

2000+

Arrow

It is not "in game", it is external by using additional accounts. (Radar cheats are not truly in-game either for that matter, as it uses external programs.)

Don't complain about it being possible to scam someone, only that they should be able to enforce the fucking policies they have in a meaningful matter:
    Banning a Trial Account used for this purpose is NOT a penalty of any kind. (Not that they even did that in our case.)

And by the way, that the tricks are simple or even well known is NO reason why an act should not be illegal. Only that it is easy.

It is too easily done as it is.

Bye.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zeb View Post
    It is not "in game", it is external by using additional accounts. (Radar cheats are not truly in-game either for that matter, as it uses external programs.)

Don't complain about it being possible to scam someone, only that they should be able to enforce the fucking policies they have in a meaningful matter:
    Banning a Trial Account used for this purpose is NOT a penalty of any kind. (Not that they even did that in our case.)

And by the way, that the tricks are simple or even well known is NO reason why an act should not be illegal. Only that it is easy.

It is too easily done as it is.

Bye.
    I think you failed to read what I wrote, I would suggest you take your time an read it slowly but you have already left.

Enjoy your next adventure, I am sure you will find a game with much stricter an stringent policies to protect you from yourself.