Thread: Earthrise?

Banned US1 Player

Default Earthrise?

What you guys think of it and their features?

Game to keep an eye on?

Features sound like it will be a more PVP based territorial/faction open pvp with partial loot( insurance) Pre-CU SWG, but with FPS combat , it does have targeting,but FPS combat still.
    Last edited by Izure; 04-13-2010 at 15:06.

1000+

It would be nice if you could post the goddamn link to go with the thread

Banned US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by koveras View Post
    it would be nice if you could post the goddamn link to go with the thread
    l2google!

http://www.play-earthrise.com/
    Last edited by Izure; 04-13-2010 at 15:13.

1000+

That's the problem. If there was a link I would check it out. since there isn't one and I have to find it myself I am to lazy and not gonna bother checking it out!

Anyway the landscape in some screenies are promising.

Normal User

Ya ive been waiting for earthrise for a while, looks amazing.
    Has a really indepth crafting system also.. 80 craft skills, reverse engineering, research, etc..
    And if your clan controls territory you can build harvesters/miners like SWG.. you can build other structures on your land also, free place on it... walls, turrets, etc..

But ya its 2 factions but you can be neutral.. infact you will need neutral people because lets say theres a item thats legal in one faction but illegal in yours.. well you need a neutral hauler to sneak the item past security to you.
    Games got secs like eve.. faction capitals are high sec but then it gets to low sec which is all clan territorial control area...

you can kill and loot members of your own faction (im sure theres some penalty for this of some sort but cant remember what), and you can change factions.. or just join a neutral faction.. like smugglers or something..

But if your a neutral player you wont have access to one of the two major factions high sec areas.. meaning no real market.. as in trade etc will be tough.. pretty much forcing you into the smuggling life.
    Last edited by bartillo; 04-13-2010 at 15:33.

Banned US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by bartillo View Post
    Ya ive been waiting for earthrise for a while, looks amazing.
    Has a really indepth crafting system also.. 80 craft skills, reverse engineering, research, etc..
    And if your clan controls territory you can build harvesters/miners like SWG.. you can build other structures on your land also, free place on it... walls, turrets, etc..

But ya its 2 factions but you can be neutral.. infact you will need neutral people because lets say theres a item thats legal in one faction but illegal in yours.. well you need a neutral hauler to sneak the item past security to you.
    Games got secs like eve.. faction capitals are high sec but then it gets to low sec which is all clan territorial control area... you can kill and loot members of your own faction (im sure theres some penalty for this of some sort but cant remember what), and you can change faction.. or just join a neutral faction.. like smugglers or something.
    Ya, it is like a pre -cu SWG, but with FPS combat and some looting involved(insurance/loot). Just the sandbox im looking for.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Izure View Post
    Ya, it is like a pre -cu SWG, but with FPS combat and some looting involved(insurance/loot). Just the sandbox im looking for.
    Ya well the insruance system is.. You have to reinsure everything each time you die (just like eve) And if someone kills you they get all your stackables looted.. potions etc.. But lets say you have all your armor and weapon insured and it cost you 100k... well the person that looted you gets like a % of that insurance money when he loots you.
    Last edited by bartillo; 04-13-2010 at 15:35.

Banned US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by bartillo View Post
    Ya well the insruance system is.. You have to reinsure everything each time you die (just like eve) And if someone kills you they get all your stackables looted.. potions etc.. But lets say you have all your armor and weapon insured and it cost you 100k... well the person that looted you gets like a % of that insurance money when he loots you.
    I like the idea, I think if you are a criminal/red, you have no option for insurance or its more.

Should be fun.Puts open pvp in the world, while also making a criminal life a hard life.
    Last edited by Izure; 04-13-2010 at 16:10.

4000+
    Did i ever tell you the definition of "insanity"?

Banned US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Zionburns View Post
    rofl that does look horrible, o well I guess I will stick to SWGEMU then ,

They did delay release date, maybe they are changing some sht.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Zionburns View Post
    wtf is this piece of garbage? lol
    Hope, progress, and growth spring from the crypt of realized fallacies

[LoD]

Quote Originally Posted by Slaker View Post
    wtf is this piece of garbage? lol
    This is a really old video. After this video released, I think like a year ago almost now, the was a huge uproar from the fans (and rightfull so). The dev responded by revamping their combat system to satisfy the fans (taking notes, AV?), and say it has a much different pace now.

Of course, I am not in BETA (qq) so I don't know first hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.