Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gtx 480

Banned US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Quallen View Post
    ...? Card temps from anand Fermi review

For those too lazy to click through, Crysis load temps:
    Ati 5870- 77c
    GTX 470- 93c

is being wrong your job as well or does that just fit under the same heading as moderating?
    He is just trolling you by adding yet more false info that has been floating around.

ok well this fanboi debate is off my interest anyway, i just bought a GTX 275 and i am more than content with this card. but still i havent heard any good things about the new 4xx series so i need to be convinced first.
    ANG ANG ANG

Banned US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by stony23 View Post
    ok well this fanboi debate is off my interest anyway, i just bought a GTX 275 and i am more than content with this card. but still i havent heard any good things about the new 4xx series so i need to be convinced first.
    Well if you actually read the article they said they were selling only about 8000 units...so you don't really need to be convinced...hell they arnt even convinced so they are pulling the product after the initial product sells out.

IRC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Quallen View Post
    ...? Card temps from anand Fermi review

For those too lazy to click through, Crysis load temps:
    Ati 5870- 77c
    GTX 470- 93c

is being wrong your job as well or does that just fit under the same heading as moderating?
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=165318

I didn't realize so many people were so hot and bothered by VIDEO CARD brand loyalty that they start throwing personal insults. Very cute, love this community.

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post

I didn't realize so many people were so hot and bothered by VIDEO CARD brand loyalty that they start throwing personal insults. Very cute, love this community.
    You posted a link to the Nvidia forums lol its just some guy saying shit without benchmarks lol. hes just a fanboy just like everyone there.

Plus the equal ATI card isnt a 4870 but a HD 5870.
    Last edited by Grisu; 04-13-2010 at 18:44.

19,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post

The 4870 is a hotter card than the 5870. A simple temperature comparison isn't fair anyway, it depends on the cooler. A lot of reviews say the GTX480 is louder than even the dual-GPU HD5970 and that's saying something.

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/n...5215/22209.png

The 4870 may be hot, but it is also pretty quiet. The GTX480 is hot and noisy.
    Last edited by Viluin; 04-13-2010 at 20:07.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by stony23 View Post
    I bought a 275 right when they came out and it’s still a solid, kicks ass card. Nothing about the new cards makes me want to upgrade and I’m in a position right now where I could easily afford too.

This card will blow then they will release a new version that doesn’t suck so bad and then people will buy it along with all the people who got suckered into buying the first one.

Teth on Clan Warfare –
    “Your head war planner should always be a huge griefer who gets off on making other people cry IRL.”