Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post
    So let me understand this. The media and governments of Iraq/Afghanistan etc.. Get fully involved when a bomb goes a tiny bit off target and knocks down the wrong hut. Top generals have had to apologize for the error, and a big stink is made about it.

Also we have things like 'inappropriate pictures of troops doing various things' that get the media spotlight on a routine basis.

And yet, despite this, there is some vast conspiracy to cover up things like random murders, running over bodies in the streets, etc..?

And I'm the ignorant one?

Wow, that's rich.

Tell you what sunshine, when you uncork your head from your ass you can trot on over to my place and suck my fucking dick.
    Thought stability, ever richer...
    And sure those wars were still perfectly legit right? So the fact of the matter we're now arguing if we blew the wrong hut or not, is completely and utterly delusional to say the least.
    Last edited by MrBungle; 04-08-2010 at 22:05.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    [url]
    Except, y'know the fact that our military is our second largest budget item after medicare. That could never be a problem to you personally.
    Btw... don't those people who like to read the Constitution a lot think it should be the largest budget item? Simply because they think that the federal government shouldn't even be doing much else besides defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachsucht View Post
    Right, I should start looking at objective sites called antiwar for information on the war. I'll trust the onion more than a site like that.
    Why not read both the establishment media and then the alternative media and then decide for yourself?

That's how I do it.

But I guess that may be too complex for the fucktards here.

Quote Originally Posted by Oo_ View Post
    Btw... don't those people who like to read the Constitution a lot think it should be the largest budget item? Simply because they think that the federal government shouldn't even be doing much else besides defense.
    No. We shouldn't even have a standing army for more then two years unless authorized by Congress if you follow by the Constitution.
    Last edited by Vessol; 04-08-2010 at 22:05.

Darkfall Online renamed to Fighting Goblins Online
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=86158

Then why didn't the U.S Military release the video that Wikileaks ended up leaking? Even though Reuters brought up the FoIA.
    I forgot myself for a moment, you're King troll... I bow to your powers.

As for this vid, I never said the military was some clean entity that never did anything wrong or didn't cover shit up. This was obviously covered up due to the mistakes that were made. However in the vid, if the guys were mistaken which they appear they were, I can only fault that.

They weren't however going "ROE LAWLZ LETS LIGHT THESE FUCKERS UP THIS IS HILARIOUS"

They even make the attempt to get proper authorization to engage etc..

So to bring up this video as 'proof of your post' is funny as hell. The people involved in it demonstrate nothing of your assertions. At best they are guilty of mis-reading a situation and that's about it. Had the people they fired on been enemy combatants, their measures and execution were flawless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

6000+ Long term follower

http://antiwar.com/
    http://mindprod.com/politics/iraqatr...tml#ATROCITIES

Large archives for you to peruse.

But be warned. Everything on that site is fake.
    LOL at the website names. That is like buying prescription medication based on what the manufacture's commercial says. Hrmmm.... I wonder if it's bias.
    Last edited by Falokis; 04-08-2010 at 22:06.

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

Banks=Corporations. They are all conglomerates and even when they are not owned directly, you'll often see the same board members across multiple corporations and "political spectrums".
    Which is what I just said, correct. I just find this to be an amusing turn of events, is all.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post
    Had the people they fired on been enemy combatants, their measures and execution were flawless.
    The whole truth right here!

Who would ever doubt on US technology nowadays...
    Last edited by MrBungle; 04-08-2010 at 22:08.

Banned

Yo Vessol, watch the documentary for/or the book Manufactured Consent. It tells exactly what the fuck is going on with the media and how it serves as the "bludgeon of democracy". I made a thread on this issue when I posted about the myth of the liberal media.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachsucht View Post
    Right, I should start looking at objective sites called antiwar for information on the war. I'll trust the onion more than a site like that.
    I think this argument is an extension of ad hominemism. Assuming that the site doesn't make itself a primary source, its perfectly reasonable to read it. I read LewRockwell quite a bit despite the fact that I am against quite a bit of their ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    The whole truth right here!

Who would ever doubt on US technology nowadays...
    Hi, this isn't fucking Skynet. This is a couple of young adults judging a situation through night vision scopes on a grainy picture. Kinda looked like an RPG in the vid, could have been a lot of things.

But at the end of the day, to the soldier, it LOOKED like a bunch of bad guys. That was their mistake, not some infallible technology.

You're seriously dense if you think tech is more than the person operating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    Which is what I just said, correct. I just find this to be an amusing turn of events, is all.
    Not really. Corporations=/=Free Market Capitalism still. The corporations can't exist without the approval and assistance of the state.
    Last edited by Vessol; 04-08-2010 at 22:15.

Darkfall Online renamed to Fighting Goblins Online
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=86158

Normal User EU1 Player

US Soldiers murdering people
    US soldiers committing some more murders
    The guys gotta have some fun and nothing beats good old murder right?

6000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Dirkdiggler View Post
    US Soldiers murdering people
    US soldiers committing some more murders
    The guys gotta have some fun and nothing beats good old murder right?
    Doesn't the first one say "no unarmed people were hurt in this shooting"?

10,000+ Long term follower

Then why didn't the U.S Military release the video that Wikileaks ended up leaking? That's not a cover-up? Even though Reuters brought up the FoIA.
    Do all live fire vids from Apache helicopters get released to the public by default? Being available when requested a la FoIA is not the same as publicizing everything. Obviously they were draggin their heels to come up w/ a good spin for having killed two journalists.

Normal User EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post
    Doesn't the first one say "no unarmed people were hurt in this shooting"?
    yeah sure, believe that. did you listen to their dialogue? listen from 2:00

10,000+ Long term follower

This is where that video was shot. Unbelievable.

http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=33489

I'm so ashamed.