Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    3000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,742

    Default Half of US households don pay income tax


    A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
    Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.
    Attributed to Alexander Tytler









    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Nearly....html?x=0&.v=1

    About 47 percent will pay no federal income taxes at all for 2009. Either their incomes were too low, or they qualified for enough credits, deductions and exemptions to eliminate their liability. That's according to projections by the Tax Policy Center, a Washington research organization.
    The result is a tax system that exempts almost half the country from paying for programs that benefit everyone, including national defense, public safety, infrastructure and education. It is a system in which the top 10 percent of earners -- households making an average of $366,400 in 2006 -- paid about 73 percent of the income taxes collected by the federal government.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Nice reading mate. He suckerpunch the truth right in our faces. Now all we need to do is give a damn.

  3. #3

    Default

    Fuck income tax, we pay enough fucking taxes.

    Here's a thought - stop paying for expensive shit that people that DON'T contribute to the system take advantage of / live off of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post
    Fuck income tax, we pay enough fucking taxes.

    Here's a thought - stop paying for expensive shit that people that DON'T contribute to the system take advantage of / live off of.
    Napalm man. You should consider going into politics. You just seem so convincing

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Napalm man. You should consider going into politics. You just seem so convincing
    If I had majority power I'd straighten shit out real quick. All this pussyfooting around and 'everyone's a winner' shit is a falsehood. Some mother fuckers need to be shot at a wall of propellers so people that actually contribute can lead a normal life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post
    If I had majority power I'd straighten shit out real quick. All this pussyfooting around and 'everyone's a winner' shit is a falsehood. Some mother fuckers need to be shot at a wall of propellers so people that actually contribute can lead a normal life.
    Think it was Hitler who said something similar. Or was that Stalin?

    /Scratches chin...

  7. #7
    8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,729

    Default

    When, supposedly, the top 1% holds more wealth than the bottom 95% combined, I do not mind that the top 10% contributes 73% of the taxes.

    I'm sorry, but it'll be a cold day in hell when I have sympathy for the woes of the rich.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 04-08-2010 at 19:16.

    Enchanting Information

    Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    I'm sorry, but it'll be a cold day in hell when I have sympathy for the woes of the rich.
    It'll be that day that I have sympathy for the plight of the poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokstarr View Post
    It'll be that day that I have sympathy for the plight of the poor.
    What does that even mean?

  10. #10
    8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    What does that even mean?
    That he's not a Christian, I'd imagine.

    Enchanting Information

    Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

  11. #11
    8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    What does that even mean?
    Either that or that he fancies being someday able to become part of the 1% aristocracy, and getting there by climbing over the faces of the peasants that make up the corporate ladder of America.

    Enchanting Information

    Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    Either that or that he fancies being someday able to become part of the 1% aristocracy, and getting there by climbing over the faces of the peasants that make up the corporate ladder of America.
    I was homeless when I was 15 and I'm a high school drop out; now, i'm middle class (and climbing).

    It's not that hard to make it in this country with a little bit of elbow grease.
    Last edited by Rokstarr; 04-08-2010 at 19:32.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    What does that even mean?

    sympathy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sympathy
    plight of the poor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_inequality


    If there's something else you missed, let me know. I thought the meaning of the statement was pretty clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

  14. #14
    2000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wedged in a Midget
    Posts
    2,773

    Default

    Napalm, I agree for the most part.

    I am so low income (by choice, I am not a material person) that I have not had to pay income taxes in years. I will agree that we should all pay taxes regardless of income. I believe in a flat tax across the board, no progressive taxing, child credits, ect.

    However I do have a issue paying any taxes at all when those taxes are being spent or sent to scum or persons (such as other contries) that should never recieve a dime. I do not feel its right for the government to take one red cent from me as long as they are giving tax payer money to those that do not deserve it. (I may be poor but I do not recieve anything from the govenment).

    Take Africa for example, why should you or I be forced to pay for a damn thing for anyone outside our own country? Thats what voluntary charities are for, not our government. So screw our government and its taxes. Untill they use it wisely dont expect me to pay in regardless of what I may make.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    Napalm, I agree for the most part.

    I am so low income (by choice, I am not a material person) that I have not had to pay income taxes in years. I will agree that we should all pay taxes regardless of income. I believe in a flat tax across the board, no progressive taxing, child credits, ect.

    However I do have a issue paying any taxes at all when those taxes are being spent or sent to scum or persons (such as other contries) that should never recieve a dime. I do not feel its right for the government to take one red cent from me as long as they are giving tax payer money to those that do not deserve it. (I may be poor but I do not recieve anything from the govenment).

    Take Africa for example, why should you or I be forced to pay for a damn thing for anyone outside our own country? Thats what voluntary charities are for, not our government. So screw our government and its taxes. Untill they use it wisely dont expect me to pay in regardless of what I may make.
    Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •