Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13222324 LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 347
  1. #331
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    obamaville, usa
    Posts
    442

    Default

    my 2 cents on strongboxes, after i've used them for a bit now
    initial: very very cool!

    second: crashes can make this a super-risk

    we should get more variety in the boxes in the future, plus other options like being able to change the color to be slightly more difficult to spot

  2. #332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by telanerv View Post
    my 2 cents on strongboxes, after i've used them for a bit now
    initial: very very cool!

    second: crashes can make this a super-risk

    we should get more variety in the boxes in the future, plus other options like being able to change the color to be slightly more difficult to spot
    I use strongboxes often, especially when farming mobs that drop heavy items (stone, wood, ore, portal shards, etc.).

    Crashes are generally not an issue (remember pre-patch? :P), so I'm not worried.

  3. #333
    1000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Add some colors to these strongboxes.

  4. #334
    1000+ Pureblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    Stay with us for our next spotlights about our plans and upcoming additions to Mounts, interesting PvE Changes and other goodies we have in the works!
    Stayed with you for 15 days now. How long am I supposed to hold my breath?

  5. #335
    7000+ DAA KAPUTTMACHA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Swamp
    Posts
    7,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pureblade View Post
    Stayed with you for 15 days now. How long am I supposed to hold my breath?
    True. Moar infoz plz.

  6. #336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAA KAPUTTMACHA View Post
    True. Moar infoz plz.
    /signed. Hurry up spotlight folks.

  7. #337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    Stay with us for our next spotlights about our plans and upcoming additions to Mounts, interesting PvE Changes and other goodies we have in the works!
    I'm sure it's happened, but I've personally never seen an MMO try to string along and milk a playerbase as much as these guys. Fortunately, other MMO options are coming soon.

    (By the way, Laenih is the alt-account of Tasos.)

  8. #338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    (By the way, Laenih is the alt-account of Tasos.)
    How would you know that...unless you are the mysterious Neal (Laenih is "Hi, Neal" backwards)....

  9. #339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paxprobellum View Post
    How would you know that...unless you are the mysterious Neal (Laenih is "Hi, Neal" backwards)....
    Would you hire a person to do nothing? :P

  10. #340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    As promised last week, we would like to talk about deployable strongboxes today, another new feature of the upcoming patch.

    These different types of strongboxes can be transported in your inventory then set down at a location of your choice. Once deployed you can add a set amount of items (based on overall weight) into the holding.

    There are many uses to these strongboxes - the most obvious one being a local point to regear during a siege. Obviously a good place to put a strongbox (or several) might be your siegestone you have bound to during a specific siege.

    On the other hand, if you are out and about harvesting you can hide a strongbox to store your items in between harvesting cycles. If you are lucky during your travels you might as well be able to stumble open a poor recently killed victim's left over strongbox somewhere out in the wild.

    Strongboxes will have to be destroyed in order to get the items inside for everyone else but the owners. Much like Teleportation Chambers/Exits, you can use any kind of siege equipment to destroy these boxes. Once destroyed there is a timer to loot the items before they disappear.

    There will be three different types of strongboxes available:
    Personal ones, Group accessible strongboxes and clan strongboxes.
    There is a limit on how many strongboxes you can deploy in an area. This means that deploying boxes of your own, if you get sieged, can even be a strategy to use against your enemies. However there are a few things to keep in mind for that:

    • The boxes need to be crafted by using the construction skill
    • Once deployed you can't get the box back in your inventory
    • Strongboxes disappear from the world within a few hours.


    Stay with us for our next spotlights about our plans and upcoming additions to Mounts, interesting PvE Changes and other goodies we have in the works!
    You call that post nothing? That's at least 2 weeks worth of hard labor. Think of all the typing. Plus he had to upload the picture -- that takes like a whole day right there.

  11. #341

  12. #342
    5000+ stony23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,297

    Default

    i wonder what all those spotlight dudes are doing anyway. i mean they got hired...theyre like 5 ppl or so idk...and they talk with all developers for 2 weeks throughoutly so they can make 1 forum post about it thats 5 sentences long? awesomesauce.
    ANG ANG ANG

  13. #343
    2000+ Master Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stony23 View Post
    i wonder what all those spotlight dudes are doing anyway. i mean they got hired...theyre like 5 ppl or so idk...and they talk with all developers for 2 weeks throughoutly so they can make 1 forum post about it thats 5 sentences long? awesomesauce.
    Let the riot begin.
    Uma Thorne - Equilibrium

  14. #344
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Maybe they got laid off?

  15. #345

    Default

    Yeah it would be nice to have more activity on the spotlight forum. For one thing I've been trying to get in contact with AV for over a month about my fan site, dfvendors.com, but have yet to even have a reply let alone a spotlight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •