Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13222324 LastLast
    Normal User US1 Player

my 2 cents on strongboxes, after i've used them for a bit now
    initial: very very cool!

second: crashes can make this a super-risk

we should get more variety in the boxes in the future, plus other options like being able to change the color to be slightly more difficult to spot

Quote Originally Posted by telanerv View Post
    my 2 cents on strongboxes, after i've used them for a bit now
    initial: very very cool!

second: crashes can make this a super-risk

we should get more variety in the boxes in the future, plus other options like being able to change the color to be slightly more difficult to spot
    I use strongboxes often, especially when farming mobs that drop heavy items (stone, wood, ore, portal shards, etc.).

Crashes are generally not an issue (remember pre-patch? :P), so I'm not worried.

1000+ Long term follower

Add some colors to these strongboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    Stay with us for our next spotlights about our plans and upcoming additions to Mounts, interesting PvE Changes and other goodies we have in the works!
    Stayed with you for 15 days now. How long am I supposed to hold my breath?

Quote Originally Posted by Pureblade View Post
    Stayed with you for 15 days now. How long am I supposed to hold my breath?
    True. Moar infoz plz.

Quote Originally Posted by DAA KAPUTTMACHA View Post
    True. Moar infoz plz.
    /signed. Hurry up spotlight folks.

Stay with us for our next spotlights about our plans and upcoming additions to Mounts, interesting PvE Changes and other goodies we have in the works!
    I'm sure it's happened, but I've personally never seen an MMO try to string along and milk a playerbase as much as these guys. Fortunately, other MMO options are coming soon.

(By the way, Laenih is the alt-account of Tasos.)

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    (By the way, Laenih is the alt-account of Tasos.)
    How would you know that...unless you are the mysterious Neal (Laenih is "Hi, Neal" backwards)....

Quote Originally Posted by paxprobellum View Post
    How would you know that...unless you are the mysterious Neal (Laenih is "Hi, Neal" backwards)....
    Would you hire a person to do nothing? :P

As promised last week, we would like to talk about deployable strongboxes today, another new feature of the upcoming patch.

These different types of strongboxes can be transported in your inventory then set down at a location of your choice. Once deployed you can add a set amount of items (based on overall weight) into the holding.

There are many uses to these strongboxes - the most obvious one being a local point to regear during a siege. Obviously a good place to put a strongbox (or several) might be your siegestone you have bound to during a specific siege.

On the other hand, if you are out and about harvesting you can hide a strongbox to store your items in between harvesting cycles. If you are lucky during your travels you might as well be able to stumble open a poor recently killed victim's left over strongbox somewhere out in the wild.

Strongboxes will have to be destroyed in order to get the items inside for everyone else but the owners. Much like Teleportation Chambers/Exits, you can use any kind of siege equipment to destroy these boxes. Once destroyed there is a timer to loot the items before they disappear.

There will be three different types of strongboxes available:
    Personal ones, Group accessible strongboxes and clan strongboxes.
    There is a limit on how many strongboxes you can deploy in an area. This means that deploying boxes of your own, if you get sieged, can even be a strategy to use against your enemies. However there are a few things to keep in mind for that:

• The boxes need to be crafted by using the construction skill
    • Once deployed you can't get the box back in your inventory
    • Strongboxes disappear from the world within a few hours.

You call that post nothing? That's at least 2 weeks worth of hard labor. Think of all the typing. Plus he had to upload the picture -- that takes like a whole day right there.

i wonder what all those spotlight dudes are doing anyway. i mean they got hired...theyre like 5 ppl or so idk...and they talk with all developers for 2 weeks throughoutly so they can make 1 forum post about it thats 5 sentences long? awesomesauce.
    ANG ANG ANG

Quote Originally Posted by stony23 View Post
    i wonder what all those spotlight dudes are doing anyway. i mean they got hired...theyre like 5 ppl or so idk...and they talk with all developers for 2 weeks throughoutly so they can make 1 forum post about it thats 5 sentences long? awesomesauce.
    Let the riot begin.
    Uma Thorne - Equilibrium

Normal User

Maybe they got laid off?

Yeah it would be nice to have more activity on the spotlight forum. For one thing I've been trying to get in contact with AV for over a month about my fan site, dfvendors.com, but have yet to even have a reply let alone a spotlight.