Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kimoshu View Post
    After making 4 personal strongboxes I've got the following tweaks to make these at least feasible:

1) Weight dropped to 50kg
    2) Timer increased to 4-6hrs

They are too heavy at 100kg each and the 2hrs timer is far too short, 4hrs at least please!

-Andrew
    attention whore much with your green text?

Normal User

It would certainly make sense if for instance the clan and party one had longer timers, if we go out as a party we stay out longer than that already without a strongbox
    Helgrr Dwarfbiter, TFK

2000+

i found a use for one!!!

fill it up with mounts!!

Quake3 + excessive mod, Team Arena + excessive mod, UT StrikeForce mod, MoHAA, CoD, NWN - Badlands, Gunz international + EU, Darkfall, APB:R, DF:UW, PS:2

Gaming online since 1999.

Normal User EU1 Player

Me and a friend actually took a strongbox, went to a enemy dungeon, farmed there about an hour, we got ganked by a 5 man group that came in, and after regearing we came back to find a new guy farming, ganked him, and retreived our pve loot from the strongbox(wich we had hidden pretty ninja on one of the levels) the timer at that point hadnt spoken yet, and it was kind of a long run back too.. 2 hours is kind of a long time when you think about it..

Quote Originally Posted by oG- View Post
    2 hours is kind of a long time when you think about it..
    Plus it doesnt dissappear suddenly after the 2 hours but becomes lootable without being destroyed.
    So if its well hidden the 2 hours arent that big of a problem anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DAA KAPUTTMACHA View Post
    Plus it doesnt dissappear suddenly after the 2 hours but becomes lootable without being destroyed.
    So if its well hidden the 2 hours arent that big of a problem anyway.
    This. After 2hrs you can no longer use it to store items, but it persist indefinitely until server down. However, I would hope that if all the spots are taken, that if a box can no longer be used to store items, placing another box makes the old one just disappear.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    This. After 2hrs you can no longer use it to store items, but it persist indefinitely until server down. However, I would hope that if all the spots are taken, that if a box can no longer be used to store items, placing another box makes the old one just disappear.
    You've tested this yourself xphiher? If that is the case then this actually isn't bad, I know the weight is pretty substantial I was able to put 1k+ stone in a strongbox.

-Andrew
    Kimoshu Grakenshalmn

Middleman Rep

The two hour time limit is fine. What is not fine, is strongboxes lack to save on server crash.

If the server crashes or goes down for any reason and you have items in a strong box, kiss them good bye. AV, has released another item that they do not support. For some reason, they think their no refund policy should apply to a bugged item they created.

So heads up, don't use these until they fix them.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Creaper View Post
    The two hour time limit is fine. What is not fine, is strongboxes lack to save on server crash.

If the server crashes or goes down for any reason and you have items in a strong box, kiss them good bye. AV, has released another item that they do not support. For some reason, they think their no refund policy should apply to a bugged item they created.

So heads up, don't use these until they fix them.
    Ye i lost mine during server crash and lost 50k in items lol.
    Sad thing is that it also was on the otherside of the world for me and i had marked 2new runestones also. I was kinda annoyed by it and cba to get back to farm them again =.= Ahwel shit happens. Its not like the server crashes that often.

Quote Originally Posted by brother justin
    My banhammer skill is all maxed out!
    I one-hit kill forum crybabies with it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    As promised last week, we would like to talk about deployable strongboxes today, another new feature of the upcoming patch.

These different types of strongboxes can be transported in your inventory then set down at a location of your choice. Once deployed you can add a set amount of items (based on overall weight) into the holding.

There are many uses to these strongboxes - the most obvious one being a local point to regear during a siege. Obviously a good place to put a strongbox (or several) might be your siegestone you have bound to during a specific siege.

On the other hand, if you are out and about harvesting you can hide a strongbox to store your items in between harvesting cycles. If you are lucky during your travels you might as well be able to stumble open a poor recently killed victim's left over strongbox somewhere out in the wild.

Strongboxes will have to be destroyed in order to get the items inside for everyone else but the owners. Much like Teleportation Chambers/Exits, you can use any kind of siege equipment to destroy these boxes. Once destroyed there is a timer to loot the items before they disappear.

There will be three different types of strongboxes available:
    Personal ones, Group accessible strongboxes and clan strongboxes.
    There is a limit on how many strongboxes you can deploy in an area. This means that deploying boxes of your own, if you get sieged, can even be a strategy to use against your enemies. However there are a few things to keep in mind for that:

• The boxes need to be crafted by using the construction skill
    • Once deployed you can't get the box back in your inventory
    • Strongboxes disappear from the world within a few hours.

Stay with us for our next spotlights about our plans and upcoming additions to Mounts, interesting PvE Changes and other goodies we have in the works!
    \o/ \o/ \o/
    I've been arguing since day one that we need personal deployable safes in Darkfall!
    No more easy mode looting from griefsters.
    Way to go AV!!!

After making 4 personal strongboxes I've got the following tweaks to make these at least feasible:

1) Weight dropped to 50kg
    2) Timer increased to 4-6hrs

They are too heavy at 100kg each and the 2hrs timer is far too short, 4hrs at least please!

-Andrew
    Actually they could make them more vulnerable a bit and also introduce plain chests we can hide anywhere out of sight and go there to drop loot while we PvE. Chests wouldn't be locakble and its free game for everyone. Only advantage is that you know its there since you hid it and of course it might increase your chances of retrieving your material after you have been ganked in the farming spot.

Normal User

4 more months of shitty ass boring GRINDING and what do we get? some fancy boxes! isnt it great?
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=378707&date  line=1270509316

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by labron View Post
    4 more months of shitty ass boring GRINDING and what do we get? some fancy boxes! isnt it great?
    You do understand that this is not all they've worked on in the past 4 months right? Features take a while to program and fully implement/test, especially for a smaller company. This patch was several things that were ready to go into the game and I believe the boxes/teleport chambers were lumped into this patch because they were ready, this patch seemed to be mostly about balancing which I am quite happy about. The war dec timer is perfect at 5 minutes and the gold cost(Albeit something I didn't want) isn't too high but I really wish that it was dynamic based on members and not a static cost.

All in all this patch was a success, loving the new content added and the tweaks to PvE to remove easymode for those who refuse to stand on their own 2 feet in this game and get off their damn crutches.

-Andrew
    Kimoshu Grakenshalmn

Middleman Rep

Normal User

Should be longer then a few hours I'd think!

Normal User

You do understand that this is not all they've worked on in the past 4 months right? Features take a while to program and fully implement/test, especially for a smaller company. This patch was several things that were ready to go into the game and I believe the boxes/teleport chambers were lumped into this patch because they were ready, this patch seemed to be mostly about balancing which I am quite happy about. The war dec timer is perfect at 5 minutes and the gold cost(Albeit something I didn't want) isn't too high but I really wish that it was dynamic based on members and not a static cost.

All in all this patch was a success, loving the new content added and the tweaks to PvE to remove easymode for those who refuse to stand on their own 2 feet in this game and get off their damn crutches.

-Andrew
    THE GREEN, IT HURTS

Normal text is just fine, try using it