Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10192021 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Oh and what's with the siege hammer hate?

Wyndal Smythe [VAMP]

Normal User US1 Player

Big fail here,more carebear stuff suck.

Quote Originally Posted by lordbacon666 View Post
    Big fail here,more carebear stuff suck.
    Yeah...sucks for YOU

3000+

I'm rather disappointed in the 2hr timelimit on strongboxes, if the personal ones are extremely cheap to make and weigh 30kg or less then I will be satisfied with it as I'll just take 2 or 3 with me but still the 2hr timelimit is pretty blah, 4hrs minimum please!

-Andrew
    Kimoshu Grakenshalmn

Middleman Rep

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Kimoshu View Post
    I'm rather disappointed in the 2hr timelimit on strongboxes, if the personal ones are extremely cheap to make and weigh 30kg or less then I will be satisfied with it as I'll just take 2 or 3 with me but still the 2hr timelimit is pretty blah, 4hrs minimum please!

-Andrew
    Agreed, 2 hrs does not even last a full siege.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

Normal User EU1 Player

alt > strongboxes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    As promised last week, we would like to talk about deployable strongboxes today, another new feature of the upcoming patch.

These different types of strongboxes can be transported in your inventory then set down at a location of your choice. Once deployed you can add a set amount of items (based on overall weight) into the holding.

There are many uses to these strongboxes - the most obvious one being a local point to regear during a siege. Obviously a good place to put a strongbox (or several) might be your siegestone you have bound to during a specific siege.

On the other hand, if you are out and about harvesting you can hide a strongbox to store your items in between harvesting cycles. If you are lucky during your travels you might as well be able to stumble open a poor recently killed victim's left over strongbox somewhere out in the wild.

Strongboxes will have to be destroyed in order to get the items inside for everyone else but the owners. Much like Teleportation Chambers/Exits, you can use any kind of siege equipment to destroy these boxes. Once destroyed there is a timer to loot the items before they disappear.

There will be three different types of strongboxes available:
    Personal ones, Group accessible strongboxes and clan strongboxes.
    There is a limit on how many strongboxes you can deploy in an area. This means that deploying boxes of your own, if you get sieged, can even be a strategy to use against your enemies. However there are a few things to keep in mind for that:

• The boxes need to be crafted by using the construction skill
    • Once deployed you can't get the box back in your inventory
    • Strongboxes disappear from the world within a few hours.

Stay with us for our next spotlights about our plans and upcoming additions to Mounts, interesting PvE Changes and other goodies we have in the works!
    WTF, and why Siege hammers cannot be used?
    you should really update the menu when building fucking siege hammers then.
    cause they are the only blacksmith craftable SIEGE WEAPON you stupid fucks.

so I guess I will have to get in touch with my lawyer, and put an end to your fuckin bullshit..

rename them to fuckin USELESS VILLAGE CAPPING tools.
    fucking more carebear shit av, nice fuckin work fucktards.

3000+

Actually I'm happy with them not allowing siege hammers to be used to kill the boxes as battle spikes are pretty easy to make as it is and 10 medium battle spikes should kill one of these boxes anyways so it's a pretty cheap cost. If they allowed siege hammers then we'd go back to everyone always carrying a siege hammer and it being the "universal lockpick" to open up houses and now strongboxes.

Unrelated complaint: Quite happy with the wardec changes, I was worried it would be a few hours timer but 5 minutes is absolutely perfect! Still worried about 2k wardec cost due to the cost of making a new clan being 2k, please change to 5-10k to make a new clan or else griefers will just keep making new clans!

-Andrew
    Kimoshu Grakenshalmn

Middleman Rep

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGuy View Post
    WTF, and why Siege hammers cannot be used?
    you should really update the menu when building fucking siege hammers then.
    cause they are the only blacksmith craftable SIEGE WEAPON you stupid fucks.

so I guess I will have to get in touch with my lawyer, and put an end to your fuckin bullshit..

rename them to fuckin USELESS VILLAGE CAPPING tools.
    fucking more carebear shit av, nice fuckin work fucktards.
    Another shining example of a quality Darkfall player. Too bad you won't be able to easily steal people's stuff now eh?

AV should just get it over with and transfer all of these quality individuals to their own server ands call it "No Escape" after the movie.

Normal User US1 Player

I was wondering what is the utility of a strongbox if all what I can store there is only local, I can harvest a spawn one hour and deposit all the loot in the strongbox, BUT HOW DO I GET THE LOOT TO BANK?, anyone can just see how a player harvests the spawn and when that player is going to leave with the loot then he can be attacked and the utility of the strongbox has been zero. Only delayed the gank.

Perhaps I misunderstood something but in my opinion if the strongbox is only local I think it is a bad idea, and things get worse if the box lasts only 2 hours and things get worse again if someone with siege equipment can destroy them.

Normal User US1 Player

Why the fuck not just let them be damaged by siege hammers?
    Last edited by Tiak; Today at 04:20 PM..

1000+

This is a bad change, developers. Make these boxes used only during sieges.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiak View Post
    Why the fuck not just let them be damaged by siege hammers?
    So you have to carry around 200+ battlespikes when you PK people.
    Last edited by Snog; 04-02-2010 at 08:20.

Darkfall Online (därk·fôl ôn'lln') n. 1. an abstract concept.
    Disclaimer : I am not an employee of Aventurine nor am I associated with them in a professional context.

Normal User

All they have done is eliminated the need for Siege Hammers complete.. so they might as well just remove them from the game. I mean seriously.. Siege Hammers used to be useable on everything.. slow and costly but they did the job.. now you can't break down a wall.. or a strongbox.. just the bind stones/village stones. At that point you're better off with the hundereds of battlespikes because well they cost less to make.. easier to carry.. they do more damage per hit..

So AV since you're making everything this way.. just remove siege hammers already so that way you aren't SCAMMING people out of resources on such a shitty SIEGE weapon.. or do some good ole fashion balancing and make them useful again.

The purpose of these boxes is for sieges and not for farming.
    The idea is to make the siege more intense and to reduce the time it takes between the wipe of one sides and regear.
    Lord Malebo in game.
    Lux Arcana recruit.
    http://www.luxarcana.org/portal/

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by malebogia View Post
    The purpose of these boxes is for sieges and not for farming.
    The idea is to make the siege more intense and to reduce the time it takes between the wipe of one sides and regear.
    Wrong, that is just one way that strongboxes can be used. Not everyone wastes their time doing sieges you know, there are many other things you can do in this game.