Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78918 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Orolt Lifebring View Post
    That's what i was thinking. Good strategy xD. "Hey guys, we're sieging this city, but they are defending it, we just go to this other holding and teleport from there".
    Yes pls, use the teleporter... But since you will arrive one by one every 30 secs-1 min, pls wear your dragon armor, u might have a chance to survive for 2 secs..

Using the enemy's teleporter is TEH ULTIMATE trap

J.

Banned US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Paragus View Post
    That is the only real question I had as well.
    Also, it being available for seatowers and villages when you cap them would be very tactical.

Normal User

Desploybalbe swongbowoxes!!

Wawahaha awesome
    <a href=http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg238/Samage89/sinny1c.jpg target=_blank>http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...89/sinny1c.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by nick larking View Post
    great, now i got like 20useless runestones
    You can't teleport anywhere you want, if no clans have any ports set up to a place you want to go then you will need a .....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    In order to use this means of transportation you will have to pay so called portal shards which are dropped semi frequently from monsters in the game.
    Another ruined idea.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    It's not a worse change. If anything you could say its not a change at all, but it IS better then bindstone kicks.

But AV, how hard is it really to put up a poll asking about this type of shit.

"Do you want bindstone kicks removed"

"Should there be a means of alternative transportation replacing it"

Can't be hard :P
    Keno stfu, all ur posts are fucking fanboy responses "Its not what I wanted but its better then the old shit." Well guess what, shit is still shit even though its better then the old shit. How are you leading the community expansion and then applauding this. This system is everything against what the community expansion wants...

Normal User EU1 Player

Cool news,
    but this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    In order to use this means of transportation you will have to pay so called portal shards which are dropped semi frequently from monsters in the game.
    ...meh...more PvE -.-
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3734/orlynp.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    He's right though, travel should be harder. NOT EASIER.

But at least this is better then Bind stone kicking...
    I didn't even read his post.

You'd have to be in Alfar race chat to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by VladDrax View Post
    your retarted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garful View Post
    I'm not saying The Boss is a black woman in a wheel chair, but

Seems like AV wont get any money from me untill DF 2010.
    The fact you can still teleport between holdings is kind of a partypooper.
    Unless, of any weird reason you're able to teleport from a hamlet to a city owned by the clan, that way it's much more risk involved. And no cooldown other then personal cooldown (sort of like bindstone recall has now).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonte912 View Post
    quit whining you carebear, if you wanna be able to log in all the time then go back to WoW!

I really hope they drop on a decent rate, or become craftable. If so this is a very nice system i guess.

Guild Leader Vicious Vikings Long term follower

Why call it Portal, use a better name to fit its use, Escape Pods
    Nataz Urzalem
    Retired Major of zZzZz

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by laenih View Post
    in order to use this means of transportation you will have to pay so called portal shards which are dropped semi frequently from monsters in the game.
    fffffffffffffffffffffffff

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ork King View Post
    all ur posts are fucking fanboy
    FANBOY REPONSES?

Check out my recent posts bro, I am far from a fan of this game.(Have not logged in to do shit in over a month) I don't agree with this system, but AT LEAST ITS BETTER THEN BINDSTONE KICKING.
    Last edited by Keno; 03-26-2010 at 21:32.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

1000+ Long term follower

Cons:
    Formalized system of teleportation encourages large clans to horde as many properties as possible in various locations.

Pros:
    Bindkicking is gone.
    The new system encourages meaningful city raids. Take down their teleporter and you remove their ability to get there. If a clan overreaches with a distant property in hostile territory. You can lock it down and force them to runestone/nexus back.

In a siege, you take down teleporter/binds and they can't simply bindkick themselves back in 20 people at a time fully geared. They will have 20 nakeds there (assuming binds were cleared for actives) and the rest will be stuck at a chaos stone? Would be interesting to know.

Not the worst possible outcome, but the skill system is really a much more pressing concern, imo.
    Last edited by Laz; 03-26-2010 at 21:36.

Normal User

How can the meta-game benefit by the main handfull of alliances making sure they've got bindspots 5 mins ride away from EVERYWHERE. There are no borders, there isn't any 'turf' to fight over. Theres just different respawn points and more incentive to take, hold and maintain a COMPLETELY empty property.

Will have to see how this pans out, but tbh, this doesn't change anything for anyone as far as I can tell.