Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000+

Default Minority Whip's Office Fired upon

http://congress.blogs.foxnews.com/20...chmond-office/

Wow........

----------------

FOX has learned that the Richmond, VA campaign office of House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA) was shot at Monday.

Cantor, is the highest-elected Jewish official in the country and the only Jewish Republican in the House.

As a member of the House leadership, U.S. Capitol Police provide Cantor with a security detail around the clock. But FOX has learned that Cantor was one of about ten lawmakers Thursday who asked for enhanced protection after a spate of threats were. Most of the threats were directed at House Democrats who voted in favor of the health care reform bill over the weekend.

The Department of Homeland Security is involved in the Cantor case because he is a member of the House leadership.

Wednesday, Capitol Police Chief Phil Morse, House Sergeant-at-Arms Bill Livingood and FBI officials met with House Democrats behind closed doors Wednesday to discuss security measures.

FOX has also obtained a threatening message left Friday on the voicemail of Rep. Jean Schmidt (R-OH). This is believed to be the first threat against a Republican member. The message contained racial overtones and profane language.

UPDATE:

From DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse:

“We disagree with the charge made by Rep. Cantor today that Democrats are using acts of violence for political gain. Let’s be clear: calling on Republican leaders who have contributed in part to this anger by wildly mischaracterizing the substance and motives of health reform to condemn these acts is entirely appropriate. Instead of distracting from the issue with more attacks, we would again ask Mr. Cantor and other Republicans, as we did yesterday, to join Chairman Kaine in working to ratchet down the rhetoric, condemn deplorable behavior and find ways to disagree on these issues without the charged rhetoric that we’ve been hearing from Republican leaders.”

- Fox's Trish Turner contributed to this report.

---------------

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...id=hYtgGi_Xjr9
    NorseFire, Coming to a Country Near You
    Quote Originally Posted by GFH_Spike View Post
    I had already honed my e-warrior talents prior to Forumfall, so this homoerotic, misanthropic train wreck of mass parental failure touches my heart instead of shriveling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakara View Post
    Obama will be a good president...hes just learning the ropes right now.

Normal User

It is Richmond, stray bullets area always a risk here. But I would not be surprised if it was an idiot local yocal that thought that Eric Cantor was a Democrat

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by vaatc View Post
    It is Richmond, stray bullets area always a risk here. But I would not be surprised if it was an idiot local yocal that thought that Eric Cantor was a Democrat
    Nope
    NorseFire, Coming to a Country Near You
    Quote Originally Posted by GFH_Spike View Post
    I had already honed my e-warrior talents prior to Forumfall, so this homoerotic, misanthropic train wreck of mass parental failure touches my heart instead of shriveling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakara View Post
    Obama will be a good president...hes just learning the ropes right now.

Normal User

Did they find the guy that did the shooting?

Most of the individuals that support the Democratic Party in Richmond, and would be willing to shoot at a government office, would be hardpressed to find the office

Bitch please I live in Richmond and I get shot at on a weekly basis, hell my dorm is right next to a ghetto club 5 sketchy ass hookah bars and a park full of homeless you people should be used to this by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrin
    The hyped abomination has been slain by the hand of the righteous—let it rot in the pit of death and decay that it has prepared for itself.
    Official Human Advocate

I'm 1.000 in World Wars...

Normal User

You must live right around Grace St. in the Fan

Indeed, VCU.... Go Rams?
    The hyped abomination has been slain by the hand of the righteous—let it rot in the pit of death and decay that it has prepared for itself.
    Official Human Advocate

Normal User

They got the 3rd tier Championship locked up I believe. They sure got snubbed this year.

At least the Quidditch team did alright.
    Official Human Advocate

Banned

I doubt a democrat would own a gun and be manly enough to discharge one.

Normal User

My roomate told me about the junk. I laughed and said at least Longwood does not have a team. Then he proceeded to look it up and prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryClock View Post
    The crustpunks would.

And why the hell would you go to Longwood? I suppose there's a lot of girls but other than that I can't see why anyone would go there.
    Official Human Advocate

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryClock View Post

You do not know the brothers in RVA. Then again most of them are probably ex-fellons, unable to vote, and would probbably not claim allegiance to either party.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorius View Post
    The crustpunks would.

And why the hell would you go to Longwood? I suppose there's a lot of girls but other than that I can't see why anyone would go there.
    5 girsl to every guy was incentive enough for me after I was medically disqualified from service in the Marine Corps. Sophmore year it was 6.5 girls to every guy.

They had a solid pre-med/pre-physical therapy program. I ended up in the Athletic Training program which is arguably one of the best in the nation if you use pass rates of the graduates sitting for the National Certification exam.

Maybe I should transfer these art kids and hipsters are pissing me off.
    Official Human Advocate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Honorius View Post
    Maybe I should transfer these art kids and hipsters are pissing me off.
    Wherever you go, they will be there. It is inevitable.